• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby Triple Deluxe : new details and gameplay videos

L~A

Nintendo updated the official Kirby Triple Deluxe website a few minutes ago with some new info and videos for the game (coming on January 11th in Japan, no date for NA/EU).

Here's the info (credits to StreetsAhead!)

To rescue King Dedede from Daranza (multi-armed enemy) Kirby must climb the World Tree (beanstalk thing) to the floating kingdom of Floarald. You need to Collect sun stones to reach the boss, collect all of them in one stage and something will happen. The key rings can be bought using star coins too.
Looks like there's about 20 power-ups, including the new Beetle (it spikes enemies before flinging them off and killing them) and Bell ones (already mentionned in a previous thread) :

BbRWQbLCAAAzDvM.jpg

There's also some new gameplay videos.

- Beetle and Bell power-ups
- Gameplay compilation
- Gameplay compilation 2
- King DeDeDe mini-games

And here's some artworks and screenshots (click here for more) :

Looks like Kirby alright. I really, really liked Canvas Curse and Mass Attack. Not thrilled about the 2.5D and return to tradition (strictly because there are already tons of same-y Kirby games), but I'll take what I can get. The hats are adorable, naturally.

TheOGB

Banned
Okay, Beetle and Bell Kirby are pretty fucking neat--wait
To rescue King Dedede from Daranza (multi-armed enemy) Kirby must climb the World Tree (beanstalk thing) to the floating kingdom of Floarald.
what the fuck is this lol

OMG, yessss! Day made!

I love the new powerups, and the gameplay looks great and Kracko in 3Deeeeeeee

EDIT: Fuck me, I just noticed Mirror Kirby's in this! Squeeeeeeeeeeeee~

L~A

Updated the OP with some new vids I missed, plus some screenshots and artworks.

I really like how this game is shaping up, I hope we get a Direct soon, we NEED a EU/US date asap.

TheOGB

Banned
Game looks damn fun. I can't wait
for it to be announced for NA, what the hell NoA

Man what's with Dedede's face? Lol

Tookay

I know some prefer the experimental Kirby games, but I always like a good traditional one every now and then. Looks fun.

L~A

Yup, I really can't wait for it, looks like a pretty good Kirby games. I like both the traditional/experimental games, so I don't mind which one we get :p

I love how Kirby is one of those series where you never really get to worry about quality, you already know pretty much what you're going to get beforehand.

L~A

One thing I've just noticed : this game will come out almost 3 years after the 3DS was launched. Isn't it the first time a console is getting its very first Kirby game so late? (Well, the NES and GB are an exception).

Wonder how many Kirby games we'll get on the 3DS...

Zalman

One thing I've just noticed : this game will come out almost 3 years after the 3DS was launched. Isn't it the first time a console is getting its very first Kirby game so late? (Well, the NES and GB are an exception).

Wonder how many Kirby games we'll get on the 3DS...
Hopefully not as many as on the DS, to be honest. 1-2 per system is fine. They could focus on other franchises instead.

Top Bottom