• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum/Sega extend their publishing deal

EXGN

Apparently, Platinum Games will continue to work with Sega. Speaking at Tokyo Game Show, the studio's producer and executive director Atsushi Inaba said the "relationship between Sega and Platinum Games does not end with Vanquish."

Full article @ Play.tm

I guess this pretty much confirms Bayo 2? And possibly a new Vanquish, depending on how it performs.

OnPoint

EXGN said:
Full article @ Play.tm

I guess this pretty much confirms Bayo 2? And possibly a new Vanquish, depending on how it performs.

o5s5xg.jpg

He should have said Platinum Games is responsible for the BEST game with a Sega logo on it this gen. I like Valkyria Chronicles, and kinda like Yakuza. But they aint got shit on Bayonetta.

Though the soundtrack makes my ears bleed.

thuway

a Master Ninja said:
Platinum Games is responsible for the only good game created this generation that has a SEGA logo on the box.
There is a special place in Hell for people like you.

I've been very happy with the Platinum games published by Sega, so a continuation of that partnership is great news! Keep up the great work Platinum! :D

Discotheque said:
He should have said Platinum Games is responsible for the BEST game with a Sega logo on it this gen.
I should have, but I kinda wanted to see what SEGA games GAF still cared about. I'm a little surprised no Total War fans called me out.

Without Platinum Games, SEGA is dead to me.

a Master Ninja said:
Platinum Games is responsible for the only good game created this generation that has a SEGA logo on the box.

If Sega didn't publish Football Manager and Yakuza and Total War and Virtua Fighter, you might be right. Oh wait, you're wrong.

Excellent call on Sega's part. I honestly thought they'd walk after Mad World.

I think it's a great match, Sega's involvement is minimal and they get great new IP from inventive people.

Nah, best move Sega could make would be to force those fuckers to start working on Skies of Arcadia 2. Oh and something about Shenmue 3 or whatever, but meh. I don't even like Yakuza series that much.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Why are people asking for a sequel of a game that isn't out? :lol

Anyways this is great news. Sounds like this was a good partnership and that Platinum had alot of creative freedom to make the games they wanted working with them.

Looking forward to more interesting titles in the future from these guys

Not just sequels though

Do you think we've seen the last of the MadWorld franchise? I'm not expecting a MadWorld 2 on Wii for obvious reasons, but do you think any aspect of the property is worth hanging on to?

kamspy said:
Does SEGA own the IPs or something? I can't help but think Plat could find a better publisher.
I just imagined Platinum signing with EA and Bayonetta 2 having references to General Chaos and Haunting Starring Polterguy.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
a Master Ninja said:
Do you think we've seen the last of the MadWorld franchise? I'm not expecting a MadWorld 2 on Wii for obvious reasons, but do you think any aspect of the property is worth hanging on to?
Oh yeah. It brought some neat gameplay ideas. The environment is your weapon hook and the killing style scores were pretty nice, but hampered by repetition. If PG ever revisit the world, they would have a lot to improve on an already good idea.

Can't see the black-and-white art style coming back though.

V_Ben

Banned
Nice to hear that their games will consider to have "great" marketing. But, it is nice to hear that they have more stuff on the way.

Sydle

It looks like they are making an effort to associate better games with the brand. This year in particular has been pretty great with Bayonetta and Sonic & Sega Racing. Resonance of Fate is supposed to be pretty good, and Vanquish is great. I hope Sonic Colors and Sonic 4 turn out well.

Dascu

a Master Ninja said:
I hope so. I really liked it, though the combat engine was rather shallow and the level design repetitive. Would love a sequel that builds on and improves the foundations of the original.

Sophia

a Master Ninja said:

Maybe. It's possible we could see a proper sequel, but I think we're more likely to see a spiritual successor then a MadWorld 2 outright.

Top Bottom