• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny - New Screenshots

Cyberia

tumblr_mzetr9AtiH1r8tgs3o6_1280.jpg

zlatko

Banned
These all don't seem new.

Or well at least I've seen the moon stuff from the Moon trailer. Hmmm.

GIVE ME BETA DETAILS ALREADY!!!! :(

Sentenza

I really, REALLY like the art in this game.
I just wish the E3 gameplay didn't strike me that much as dull and MMO-esque ("Here's a bunch of BULLETSPONGE ENEMIES, ENJOY!")

All I need to know is this game's time-to-crate.

But just in case that information isnt forthcoming, have they released any info about the combat system? Is is Haloesque shields + regenerating health? Something different? Maybe different armor types and damage types?

And do we know if leveling up adds straight up health/survivability/damage or the like?

sflufan

Banned
I feel like it's the 3rd or 4th time I've seen these screens or some variation of them.

The promotional campaign for this game by Bungie/Activision has been extremely lackluster so far, especially the incredibly bland trailers.

Vire

It's amazing that there are apparently 500 or so people working on this game and yet we are shown the same four or five areas over and over since the debut.

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence that Destiny is a large world to explore.

VanWinkle

It's amazing that there is apparently 500 or so people working on this game and yet we are shown the same four or five areas over and over since the debut.

Fair point. We need to see more.

chupon

I know it'll never happen, but I wish we'd get something else in the ONI universe. I really liked that game.

This one isn't new, and its not particularly nice. Too boxy.

It probably looks much cooler when you're actually there, but its not coming across in screenshot form.

This is starting to feel a lot like Warframe the FPS edition.
Getting some of those vibes too.

Looks like Bungie played a lot of Borderlands and Mass Effect.
Which is again, another way to say Warframe ;P Except without Warframe's crazy unique art style (though some tilesets remind me of Halo).

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
It's amazing that there are apparently 500 or so people working on this game and yet we are shown the same four or five areas over and over since the debut.

Eh, why show much now? All you need to do at this point is build some base level knowledge of the brand and an undercurrent of excitement.

E3 and Summer they will start to slam us with information.

At this point most customers aren't making buying decisions about titles that far out. Why waste your marketing dollars on an effort to sustain hype over a 9 month period when you can concentrate those same resources into a 3 month period.

That and it behooves them to start the blitz post Titanfall/InFamous/whatever else big comes out before E3. Because those titles are going to suck a lot of wind out of the room.

majik13

honestly, these images do nothing for me. Seems pretty generic. I still have the game pre ordered, and should hopefully be fun.

jem0208

The graphics in this game are really great, awesome atmosphere.

I'm really not feeling the hype though. I absolutely love Halo and Bungie is one of my favourite devs but nothing about this game is making me feel excited. I dunno, just looks bland :l

Oppo

It's a looker but boy does it owe a lot to Mass Effect.

I know ME owes a lot to tons of other things..but when I see these.. I think.. yeah.

Seems like they are doing the Killzone style chest-height camera... interesting

Loudninja

Sorry but what does the number of people working on it have to do with anything?

The game is really far off show too much too early is dangerous.

Abriael

Banned
I'm afraid that none of those screenshots are new. They're actually quite old, as a google image search reveals.

Amir0x

Banned
This game for me is the poster child of a game that totally looks more and more appealing with every new bit of media. I want from complete apathy at its initial unveil to it being in my top ten anticipated games for 2014. Partially it's because I'm ready to visit another of Bungie's phenomenally realized universes, and it's clear now the vision is succeeding on an artistic level, but it's also because the scope of this game seems nuts. So much potential...

jelly

This game just doesn't excite me. I like Bungie but non pulsed by Destiny so far. Need to show more game play.

The words quest and loot don't help.

Has anyone explained how this game is different from Borderlands yet?

Not a MP guy but I'm still interested and on the fence. Wasn't really big on Borderlands either, but I didn't hate it.

Wasp

I really wish Bungie would confirm if this game has local co-op or not instead of keeping us in limbo.

I'm afraid that none of those screenshots are new. They're actually quite old, as a google image search reveals.

These are the screens that were featured in the GI cover story, so are you sure that the Google Image search isn't returning digital scans of these images?

Portugeezer

This game for me is the poster child of a game that totally looks more and more appealing with every new bit of media. I want from complete apathy at its initial unveil to it being in my top ten anticipated games for 2014. Partially it's because I'm ready to visit another of Bungie's phenomenally realized universes, and it's clear now the vision is succeeding on an artistic level, but it's also because the scope of this game seems nuts. So much potential...

I am afraid they won't deliver on the scope. It's a last gen game, technically.

As for the screens, they look beautiful as usual.

Marleyman

Banned

I want to know more of the scope. It will definitely help to sell me on what they are going for.

I've only heard of this through this forum. The first screen with the sort of Star Wars vibe made me interested, then I saw their patented goofy looking "Halo monsters" and am not terribly interested anymore. We'll see I guess, but its not high on my hype list, at all. I should read about it more.

Events could be fun if they do them right.
But I have to bitch about those grounds floors. Devs, characters look nice enough, vistas look nice enough, now take some effort to make grounds look good enough. I want sub-par grounds gone this gen.

Top Bottom