• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North American Vita Compatible PSone Games

dochuge

I have a problem:

Can't transfer games from the ps3 to the vita. Both have seperate accounts/email logins. It tells me to log into my vita account using the ps3. I tried changing the email address on the ps3 to match the vitas but it wouldn't let me. Am I screwed because these two have seperate accounts?

Vagrant Story is gorgeous, even with bilinear filter off. And the lag from the intro is fixed.

Xenogears is still a mess of pixels.

Sad about Chrono Cross.

Jucksalbe

Banned
I have a problem:

Can't transfer games from the ps3 to the vita. Both have seperate accounts/email logins. It tells me to log into my vita account using the ps3. I tried changing the email address on the ps3 to match the vitas but it wouldn't let me. Am I screwed because these two have seperate accounts?

Both systems have to be logged into the account that bought the games. So I guess you probably would have to switch the account on your Vita.

jondy1703

Neo Member
Currently awaiting a bunch of games downloading. Anyone know if the Syphon Filter that you got for free for being a Qore subscriber works? I guess I don't even know if it still works on the PS3...

Nemesis_

Can you download them through the PC Media Go application and then just transfer them to your Vita?

My PS3 is currently broken (launch model) so can't do much until I have the $$$ to get it fixed :(

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'll redownload and check to see if Arc the Lad III works. Maybe Arc Arena.

It's not as good as Arc I/II, but it's sorta fun and kinda lengthy, I'll give it that... Arc 2 is the crown jewel in that entire trilogy, though.

rjc571

Banned
What does Sony possibly have to gain from only putting 8 games on the store? Especially considering that like 100 other games can be played on the Vita if you jump through hoops to get them? Why don't they just put all of those games on the store as well? Do they like making things as difficult for their consumers as possible?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Connected my PS Vita to my PS3 and copied over Castlevania Chronicles and SOTN, Silent Hill and Final Fantasy 6-9. Of all the PSX games on my PS3, only Final Fantasy 5 wouldn't copy over.

All of these games were either free through PS+ or discounted on PS+.

I've got a decent stack of games now to tide me over until next year.

Has the Vita's PS Store not been updated? I cannot find any PSX game category there.

What does Sony possibly have to gain from only putting 8 games on the store? Especially considering that like 100 other games can be played on the Vita if you jump through hoops to get them? Why don't they just put all of those games on the store as well? Do they like making things as difficult for their consumers as possible?

I guess they wanted to give the illusion of the PS store constantly getting new content.

KalBalboa

Banned
Connected my PS Vita to my PS3 and copied over Castlevania Chronicles and SOTN, Silent Hill and Final Fantasy 6-9. Of all the PSX games on my PS3, only Final Fantasy 5 wouldn't copy over.

All of these games were either free through PS+ or discounted on PS+.

I've got a decent stack of games now to tide me over until next year.

Has the Vita's PS Store not been updated? I cannot find any PSX game category there.

They update the store on Tuesdays. It'll hit tonight.

Nemesis_

Seriously, it makes no sense to me and it really annoys me, espcially since my PS3 decided to shit itself about three months ago (despite the fact that I hardly ever use it as it was).

So frustrated.

Aru

The only PS1 classics I want to finish are Chrono Cross and Parasite Eve.
I can wait for Chrono Cross.

Squire

Banned

It's not what they have to gain, it's time they have to lose. Time they'd probably prefer to put into more lucrative areas of their business. What happened today seems like a clear indication of what should've been obvious. PS1 Classics sell well in JP, pretty good in EU, and are probably only doing OK in NA. It's not rocket science to figure out. It's like this for us because it's not a priority for SCEA. For them, its just not that big a deal.

Jawmuncher

I always find it odd that SCEA will say only these work.
But then a ton of other games will work just fine.
Are they lazy when it comes to checking them out or what?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Hmm. So what am I missing besides FF7/8?
A1XRYNvCQAAwuEH.jpg

Squire

Banned
I always find it odd that SCEA will say only these work.
But then a ton of other games will work just fine.
Are they lazy when it comes to checking them out or what?

They weren't listing what works, they were listing what appears in the Vita PSN store.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Arc the Lad III does not transfer from PS3 to Vita.

Arc Arena's almost finished downloading so I'll see if that works. Arc Arena doesn't work either. It should be noted that I purchased both Arc II and Arc Arena in a bundle but Arc II was the only one that worked in transferring.

God, I wish you could sort and search the download list on the store. It takes way too long to find stuff.
Or if you could R1/L1 the list. My PS1 games were in the middle or near the bottom...

Someone complain to yosp that screenshot functionality should be added for PS1 games, please and thanks. :/

Squire

Banned
Ahhh ok.
Well in that case, why not just put them all up at once?
(I know I ask for a lot)

It's a fair question. I think they don't want to list them in the store until they check them individually for kinks. Like myself and another member are having input lag in Final Fantasy VIII. They probably won't list the game in the store until they fix that.

Jawmuncher

It's a fair question. I think they don't want to list them in the store until they check them individually for kinks. Like myself and another member are having input lag in Final Fantasy VIII. They probably won't list the game in the store until they fix that.

Makes sense to me!
Now I have all my questions answered.

Cheska

How do the games look/sound? Dying to play SOTN again.

I can't speak for SOTN but I've tried a couple of PSX games and so far there is a significant improvement. The colors are much more vibrant and the fact that you can adjust certain settings like load times, controller settings, filtering etc is making the purchases well worth it.

Top Bottom