• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread (Question of the Day, Countdown, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Who is JC? Jackie Chan works for Nintendo?
JC Rodrigo, a manager at the Nintendo Treehouse.

jchhsjb.png

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
If Animal Crossing on Switch is a thing, I have learned my lesson from New Leaf and will definitely go digital for more games if I can. Switching games is definitely a reason for not playing it more often.

Does anyone else anticipate buying more digitally, or does the rumoured internal storage specs concern you, even with SD card storage?

Storage is a concern, and I like being able to resell--especially with Nintendo since their games hold value and I don't have to rush to beat them before the prices tank.

So I'd reserve digital there for things like Animal Crossing, Splatoon that are long-term, pick up and play games as those are great to not have to switch carts as you note.

Pretty much same as I do on other platforms, though there I also buy cheap digital games that are priced low enough that I don't care about not being able to resell, but that doesn't really happen often with Nintendo first party stuff or their major third party exclusives.

foltzie1

I think the pre-order limits are indicative of a larger problem with Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft's retail distribution chain as compared to say Apple's.

I can place an order for an iPhone at Apple.com as soon as pre-orders open and I know I'm locked in place and I can place the same order at a Verizon or AT&T store and know I dont have to keep following up to get the item. It will ship when my place in the virtual line comes up.

The video game companies dont do this and cap pre-orders at a rather low level and if the item is hot force customers to jump from store to store in hopes of finding one.

It wouldn't prevent scalping (look at the price of AirPods for example), but it would certainly be less annoying to have to have one retail transaction that results in a purchase even if someone has to wait for shipping.

Man, I had a dream about the new 3D Mario this past night. It was:

- Like a mix between Mario Galaxy (having some planetoid like parts) and Super Mario 64, as being more open ended in design.
- Looked Amazing. Like a more "painted" style in comparison to the segments shown in the Switch First Look.
- Several Characters were playable, each with their own abilities, required to progress through certain areas of the game.
- Music certainly had a Super Mario 64 vibe to it.
- It was like a mix between open world and level based. Imagine a Hub like Mario 64, Galaxy, or Sunshine, but much bigger and more varied, with several objectives. Each level is a subarea contained in this bigger hub, with no screen transition like in the aforementioned games.

It was amazing, and now I'll probably be a bit disappointed with the real thing :(

J@hranimo

Banned
Is people start to losing their sanity right now?

uUm0nND.gif

It's almost time!

edit: Oh yeah, NateDrake made a video stating Gamestop will open their Pre-orders on Friday the 13th and will announce a trade-in promo for current gen consoles towards it.

Complain to me about misinformation instead of him if late.

NateDrake

I'll share what I heard today concerning GameStop pre-orders. Will be available once the stores open on Friday morning, allocations differs per-store, and a trade-in promo will be detailed this week - so if you are looking to unload your PS4, Xbox One, or Wii U for trade credit you'll hear about the promo this week. And GameStop will have a list for those who miss pre-orders but want to be emailed or called if extra pre-orders become available.

Gamestop has ~4400 stores, so we're probably looking at them getting ~60k units in for pre-orders.

Which is reasonable considering the whole US would probably only get 600k-800k units out of a 2 million WW shipment from Nintendo.
There's also that there could be additional shipments in the last half of the month, so not all 2 million would be there day one.

kulapik

Nintendo Spain's PR manager just posted this on his Twitter, and I think it's amazing. Not sure if it's his creation, but whatever.

C1vh-jaWQAEbZ3O.jpg

Phoenixus

Sigh, one more work shift tomorrow before my time off to bask in the glory of the full switch unveiling. Gonna secure a preorder ASAP.

Edit.
Nintendo Spain's PR manager just posted this on his Twitter, and I think it's amazing. Not sure if it's his creation, but whatever.

C1vh-jaWQAEbZ3O.jpg

That is brilliant.

Fatmanp

Yep... Time is starting to slow more and more as we approach the reveal, I suspect the time will stop just before the presentation...

What will feel like an eternity is when the clock strikes zero and the stream does not start and a message pops up on screen saying "The event will begin shortly". Sony used to be bad for this at E3 where would be waiting 10-15 minutes.

Waji

Man, I had a dream about the new 3D Mario this past night. It was:

- Like a mix between Mario Galaxy (having some planetoid like parts) and Super Mario 64, as being more open ended in design.
- Looked Amazing. Like a more "painted" style in comparison to the segments shown in the Switch First Look.
- Several Characters were playable, each with their own abilities, required to progress through certain areas of the game.
- Music certainly had a Super Mario 64 vibe to it.
- It was like a mix between open world and level based. Imagine a Hub like Mario 64, Galaxy, or Sunshine, but much bigger and more varied, with several objectives. Each level is a subarea contained in this bigger hub, with no screen transition like in the aforementioned games.

It was amazing, and now I'll probably be a bit disappointed with the real thing :(
Your dreams are... detailed, but what's amazing is that they have music.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America

C1vh-jaWQAEbZ3O.jpg

It's a play on an early NES ad:

This is dope. I've got a feeling they're going to give their adult fans a nostalgia overload that will make owning a Switch borderline mandatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom