• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Polish source says that Painkiller: Hell & Damnation is Wii U-bound

holding_logo.png

http://sergeantmerrell.com/painkill...ming-hellishly-good-new-screenshots-released/

PC shots.

Painkiller is being developed by The Farm 51 and published by Nordic Games.

The source of the potential Wii U version was found by our own Rösti in the Wii U thread:

Rösti;41028909 said:
Here's some potential Polish third party support from The Farm 51 Group:

Original excerpt (maybe someone here knows Polish and can provide a better translation than the one posted after this segment):

W kwietniu 2012r. The Farm 51 Group zakończyło procedury związane z uzyskaniem statusu oficjalnego developera gier na platformy Microsoft Xbox 360 i Sony PlayStation 3. W drodze pozytywnie zakończonej weryfikacji osiągnięć zespołu Emitenta i jego potencjału do tworzenia wysokiej jakości produktów na najbardziej prestiżowe obecnie platformy wydawania gier, Emitent pozyskał możliwość samodzielnego produkowania nowych tytułów jako niezależny podmiot, co jest jednym z kluczowych założeń strategii związanej z wprowadzeniem na rynek gry „Adventurer” i przyszłych autorskich projektów.

W czerwcu 2012r. podobna procedura została zakończona względem koncernu Nintendo, trzeciego z największych podmiotów na rynku stacjonarnych konsol. The Farm 51 Group uzyskało status oficjalnego developera gier na konsolę Wii U, której premiera jest planowanaw czwartym kwartale 2012r. Należy tu nadmienić, że w odróżnieniu od platform Xbox 360 i PlayStation 3, które są dostępne na rynku od kilku lat, możliwość tworzenia gier na na najnowszą konsolę Wii U przed planowaną premierą rynkową platformy jest udostępniana tylko wyselekcjonowanym developerom, którzy planują wydanie w najbliższych latach tytułów szczególnie interesujących dla Nintendo. W tym przypadku analizowana była nie tylko historia, doświadczenie i obecny status Emitenta, ale także potencjał rynkowy kolejnych produktów. Emitent podjął to działanie we współpracy z wydawcą Nordic Games, w ramach planów obejmujących wyprodukowanie i wydanie nowych gier z cyklu „Painkiller” na konsolę Wii U.

Translated excerpt (via Google Translate, but improved by me to best capability), interesting part in bold:

In April of 2012. The Farm 51 Group completed the procedure of obtaining status as official developer of games for Microsoft Xbox 360 and Sony PlayStation 3. By way of a successful team performance verification of the Issuer and its potential to creating high quality products at the most prestigious platform for issuing today games, the Issuer acquired the possibility of self-production of new titles as an independent entity, which is one of the key objectives of the strategy associated with the launch of the game "Adventurer" and future original projects.

In June of 2012. A similar procedure has been completed regarding Nintendo, the third largest operator in the stationary consoles market. The Farm 51 Group developer has obtained an official game development license for the Wii U, whose premiere is planned in the fourth quarter of 2012. It should be noted that unlike the Xbox 360 platform and PlayStation 3, which are available on the market for several years, the opportunity to create games for the Wii U before the planned market launch is made ​​available only to developers who are are planning to release titles in the coming years particularly of interest to Nintendo. In this case, not only the history but experience and current status of the issuer was analyzed, as well as the market potential for future products. The issuer has taken this action in cooperation with the publisher Nordic Games, in plans involving production and release of new games in the series "Painkiller" for the Wii U.

Source: http://d.iplsc.com/ebi/35773/Raport_IIQ_2012-08gotowy.pdf

That regarding Nintendo allowing only development of titles interesting for them is noteworthy. If the translation is somewhat accurate that is.

Just to be safe I wanted to label it as a rumor, plus we don't even have a proper translation by a polish speaker. But I wanted to bring this to further attention anyway.

Meelow

Banned
The screenshots look worse than the Xbox 360, seriously the Wii U fails again.

I'm joking they look amazing.

It should be noted that unlike the Xbox 360 platform and PlayStation 3, which are available on the market for several years, the opportunity to create games for the Wii U before the planned market launch is made ​​available only to developers who are are planning to release titles in the coming years particularly of interest to Nintendo.

Uh...this could go many ways and piss off a bunch of people.

Alastor

Translation is accurate.

Best of luck with it, our devs aren't lucky when it comes to Nintendo consoles... Remember that Nibris (Sadness) was also "official Nintendo developer". On the other hand, these guys actually made some games before, so Painkiller WiiU should release someday.

I'm just sad seeing the series milked more every year. It deserves a proper reboot / sequel with the dev cycle longer than a year.

ZoddGutts

Translation is accurate.

I'm just sad seeing the series milked more every year. It deserves a proper reboot / sequel with the dev cycle longer than a year.

Would be great if Flying Wild Hogs (ex People Can Fly devs) would make a new Painkiller game. Their game Hard Reset Extended was great.

This seems like a good thing, even though I am not familiar with this particular franchise

20120802-PKHD-screen-01.jpg

Sharp legs!

The first game was good, but the games that followed were garbage. This game is a remake and it's being developed by former members of People Can Fly (the original developers), so it should be good.

Terrell

This seems like a good thing, even though I am not familiar with this particular franchise

20120802-PKHD-screen-01.jpg

Sharp legs!

As has been said by many gaming outlets, the only thing you need to know is that the original Painkiller had a gun that shot shurikens and lightning.

Tenck

I've been playing the PC version. Online is so bad, hope they fix it soon or I wont buy the Wii U version.

Top Bottom