• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madonna's MDNA |OT| Her exquisite oyster display and reductive garnishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i'm not sure about I'm Addicted any more...the earlier snippet sounded awesome but apparently it only goes mad like that at the end of the song? disappoint.

Koodo

Banned
i'm not sure about I'm Addicted any more...the earlier snippet sounded awesome but apparently it only goes mad like that at the end of the song? disappoint.
I love how the verse sounds actually. It seems like the song keeps building up and explodes in the chorus. Hot stuff.

The Love Spent snippet also sounds entirely different from the first snippet. Interested to hear how the song manages to merge the different sounds, but I'm loving it so far as well.

Gang Bang, Love Spent and I'm Addicted will give me so much life.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
All the Orbit ones are good, Some Girls had added electroclash to the mix. Do like the old-school theme going on with the album.

I'm A Sinner sounds like it has the 60's pop Ray Of Light/Beautiful Stranger thing going on again as well.

Gang Bang seems the stand-out track.

But Superstar has some of the worst lyrics I've ever heard by anyone.

Koodo

Banned
But Superstar has some of the worst lyrics I've ever heard by anyone.
The song seems like a continuation of Little Star. She needs to have shit lyrics to be consistent.

Ua6QP.gif

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
The song seems like a continuation of Little Star. She needs to have shit lyrics to be consistent.

Ua6QP.gif

Haha, I actually forget about Little Star when thinking about ROL.

Superstar is obviously there for historical significance.

Koodo

Banned
The AOL Radio website is a mess.

... but so far I've heard Falling Free (great), Beautiful Killer (good), Turn Up The Radio (good).

Koodo

Banned
You need to search for MDNA and start flipping through the tracks/stations. A song from the album will pop up eventually.

A mess. And if you stumble upon a sponsor ad, the station locks up and doesn't even play the ad. How perplexing, who would want to advertise in this piece of shit.

B-Day Song is a hot mess. I'm A Sinner is... I don't know what to make of it.

You need to search for MDNA and start flipping through the tracks/stations. A song from the album will pop up eventually.

A mess. And if you stumble upon a sponsor ad, the station locks up and doesn't even play the ad. How perplexing, who would want to advertise in this piece of shit.

Thanks!

Of course the only MDNA song I've gotten so far is GMAYL :(

Oh lord, that ending to Gang Bang made me cringe.

ib0nAz3UxivcvF.gif

Overall, the song feels really empty too. It's not really building up to anything.

I think I'll have to be a Debbie downer, and say that the album overall seems to disappoint me. :-/

Koodo

Banned
That orchestrated outro in "I Don't Give A" is something.

I'm Addicted and Love Spent are great, as expected. The latter seems like two different songs spliced together though.

Amakusa

thread title puts a foul taste in my mouth
Madonna's MDNA |OT| Her exquisite oyster display and reductive garnishing #1
Madonna's MDNA |OT| exquisite oyster display and reductive
Madonna's MDNA |OT| exquisite oyster display
Madonna's MDNA |OT| oyster display

No thank you....

Nemesis_

thread title puts a foul taste in my mouth
Madonna's MDNA |OT| Her exquisite oyster display and reductive garnishing #1
Madonna's MDNA |OT| exquisite oyster display and reductive
Madonna's MDNA |OT| exquisite oyster display
Madonna's MDNA |OT| oyster display

No thank you....

I didn't pick the title. Everyone demanded I change it! ;_;

Umm, is it just me or did the Deluxe Edition just leak... hnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggg

omg GANG BANG IS LIFE.

Edit: Nevermind, pricks just keep releasing the streamed songs and previews as the "deluxe edition" :mad:

Web rips only so far.

Interview with Lrry Flick (Sirus radio)

About Gang Bang and MDNA recording:

For me, where I was coming from with this album mostly was, I felt like a caged animal. While I enjoyed the exp​ression of film making --- and I am really proud of my film --- I felt like I really wanted to get back to the basics of chugging my guitar and the simplicity of raw emotions. Even when I was writing a song and playing on the guitar --- or singing "I'm a Sinner," for instance --- it just felt so good. It felt so good to play a guitar and sing. I feel like I hadn't done it years. And when I was doing the vocals for "Gang Bang" --- which was a totally improvised vocal --- I was standing in a room and I felt like I had to just scream. I felt like I had to let myself become possessed by this kind of Russ Meyers, Quentin Tarantino character. It was all very tongue in cheek, but I just went off. Obviously, I had to get some things off my chest. So for me, where I was coming from was mostly like an animal getting let out of their cage, and wanting to express all kinds of emotions, not just one. All the stuff that life is made of.

Quentin Tarantino was exactly what I was thinking when I listened to Gang Bang. Such an awesomely raw song.

So nice to be listening to B-Day Song for the first time on my b-day *.*

This is the best album shes recorded since Ray of Light.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Gang Bang really is genius.

Even the end, it's like a Tarantino film and the way it all comes together with the music and sound effects is perfect.

Well damn!

The concept of the video isn't original, some hot guys, some gayness, some dancing, some sexy bad stuff like chains and cigarettes and guns, .... But the execution is done really well. And she looks stunning!

And boy, Madonna really upped the gayness for this one, haha. :)

Love it.

And yeah, calling it a rip-off is sorta reaching, considering nothing in that video is terribly original to begin with, plus all the imagery used seems to be plucked from her videos in the early 90s.

tmarques

And boy, Madonna really upped the gayness for this one, haha. :)

Not trying to fuel the fanboy war, but I think this video being so insanely gay is a direct consequence of Madonna wanting to remember gay men she was their original icon/supporter. I doubt we would have this video if it wasn't for Lady Gaga.

In any case, nice to see Madonna dancing once again. The awkward, clunky, aren't-I-flexible moves were getting tiresome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom