• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

Deku Tree

One has snakes. The other has a toxic swamp.

Heh, Shadows were always cake on all of my characters. The pillar in the centre makes it easy to take refuge and heal if you're in trouble.

Yeah well I was doing fine every time I tried it last night until during each attempt I either got one shot at full health by an off camera combo mostly from that flame spray thing or I got one shot at full health by the snake super.

Hiding behind the pillar to heal wasn't helping with all the one shots on NG+2. I hadn't done the fight in a long time. I finally got it done but it's my least favorite boss in Bloodborne. I don't like all the running away that's required.

Yeah well I was doing fine every time I tried it last night until during each attempt I either got one shot at full health by an off camera combo mostly from that flame spray thing or I got one shot at full health by the snake super.

Hiding behind the pillar to heal wasn't helping with all the one shots on NG+2. I hadn't done the fight in a long time. I finally got it done but it's my least favorite boss in Bloodborne. I don't like all the running away that's required.

is this the fight that's like taking on the Nazgul with one seemingly being Orochimaru?

Yeah I hate the Shadows... just because there are three of them.

I never figured out how people just walk up to the first one and start wailing on it without dying. I see people doing it but has never worked for me like ever.

I always end up taking cheap shots and then running around and then taking more cheap swipes and repeating that... I don't like fighting that way. But whenever I run up to one of them to engage with more than one or two hits then another one destroys me from some area that is outside of my camera's vision.

I can get it done that way but not my idea of a fun fight, and on NG+2 if you get combo'd by another shadow that is outside your camera's view then it's usually instant death even from full health even with 50 vitality at level 230.
But they are so easy though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzFbdD1y0hM

What's your level and weapon level? You probably shouldn't be there with anything less than a +8 weapon.

Rape horse bruh.

Right now

Lvl 102

Saw cleaver +10
Blood gems
Physical attack up + 18%

Atk up +15%

Physical attack up +12.6
Add physical atk up +6.6

All in all physical attack 180 + 250

Deku Tree

I've never summoned an NPC before, so I'm wondering if the NPC dies during the boss battle are they gone forever?

No it's not like DS3 in that way.

But if you miss a missable side quest then that NPC will not be summonable for later boss fights and there is no replacement NPC to summon so you get no NPC summon.

Soulhouf

Right now

Lvl 102

Saw cleaver +10
Blood gems
Physical attack up + 18%

Atk up +15%

Physical attack up +12.6
Add physical atk up +6.6

That's pretty good but you can easily improve it with cursed 19.8% gems dropped by Winter Lanterns in Nightmare of Mensis.

Something like that.

I just realized that I should have put on the bone marrow ash armor. the armor that I was wearing had horrible fire defense so I was taking way more damage than I should have been...
I usually wear either that or Cainhurst set because they're baller. The rest are situational.

I've never summoned an NPC before, so I'm wondering if the NPC dies during the boss battle are they gone forever?

Mmm so far only Eileen can die and never respawn but is not a summon NPC

Right now

Lvl 102

Saw cleaver +10
Blood gems
Physical attack up + 18%

Atk up +15%

Physical attack up +12.6
Add physical atk up +6.6

Just add a fire paper and you will be alright

-Horizon-

Orphan of Kos
is a jerk. I can handle its first phase. Any tips for its second phase? It jumps around so much with attacks that can stun you and kill you in two hits.

So what's the purpose of Madman's Knowledge and Insight?
There are some stuff in the Hunter's dream store (the fountain at the top of the stairs) that can only be bought with insight. There is also something in the game world that can only be seen once you have a certain level of insight.

The God

Any tips on how to beat the machine gun Hunter in Old Yharnam? He just keeps fucking me up. His sidearm is bullshit. Should I even try to kill him?

Yea I assumed cathedral because he said only one. When people talk about the river ones they usually refer to the guy with the big ass gun.

just got to that one last night, the gun guy spawns first and I can even kill him before the other spawns in, ok yeah, Ludwig is pretty damn hard too.

Toxi

Banned
I was replaying the game and I missed the second part of Eileen's quest (When you talk to her in Cathedral Ward and she gives the shhhh gesture); I accidentally ended up skipping to the fight in Oedon Tomb.

Does that mean I fucked up and get the bad ending? Sucks if so.

Ferr986

Any tips on how to beat the machine gun Hunter in Old Yharnam? He just keeps fucking me up. His sidearm is bullshit. Should I even try to kill him?

Try to make him fall. Or just ignore him and keep going, its not required and you can go back later and even
befriend him

Matt Frost

I thought that the guy on the rooftop of Cainhurst is painful (almost beat him, got so close)... until I met the thing at the end of Nightmare of Mensis... how do you beat that thing after you take half of his health? Is really hard to fight him and his illusions. Should have figured it out since the area is the most painful for me so far.

Also, was backtracking and was doing everything again from the start and when I got to the Big Cathedral I met something with crow clothes. It gave me a pretty tough fight but in the end I killed it. Gave me the option to buy his awesome clothes and a new weapons. The weapon seems to be incredible. Is it or is just me and I like it because is really fast?

That's pretty good but you can easily improve it with cursed 19.8% gems dropped by Winter Lanterns in Nightmare of Mensis.

I am on Nightmare of Mensis... where and what are the Winter Lanterns?

the dlc is bloody hard, even has that enemy I hate from Cainhurst

The "thing" right on the beginning before entering the castle? LHB both handed melts them in 3 hits.

Ferr986

I thought that the guy on the rooftop of Cainhurst is painful (almost beat him, got so close)... until I met the thing at the end of Nightmare of Mensis... how do you beat that thing after you take half of his health? Is really hard to fight him and his illusions. Should have figured it out since the area is the most painful for me so far.

Also, was backtracking and was doing everything again from the start and when I got to the Big Cathedral I met something with crow clothes. It gave me a pretty tough fight but in the end I killed it. Gave me the option to buy his awesome clothes and a new weapons. The weapon seems to be incredible. Is it or is just me and I like it because is really fast?

I am on Nightmare of Mensis... where and what are the Winter Lanterns?

Tips about that boss. Just ignore the puppets when you are running up and down, they barely follow you. Also, I suppose you're having problems with that magic attack. Just be sure to be lose to him , he triggers that attack when you're far. You can also interrupt him while casting with a shot, although he'll try to cast it again.

About the crow girl, it's part of a quest and it can have a different outcome, you probably missed some steps of that quests. The weapon is good, especially the evade and attack hit (a thrust forward).

And the Winter Lanterns are that ladies with the big brain head that sing, they are found in both Nightmare areas (dunno if you found the Nightmare Frontier area, it's an optional area before Mensis).

Btw, start thinking into diving into the DLC if you have it. Remember that once you beat the final boss the game automatically puts you at the start of NG+.

Matt Frost

Tips about that boss. Just ignore the puppets when you are running up and down, they barely follow you. Also, I suppose you're having problems with that magic attack. Just be sure to be lose to him , he triggers that attack when you're far. You can also interrupt him while casting with a shot, although he'll try to cast it again.

Thanks. That magic attack is what was giving me a lot of trouble. Will try to be closer, even with his 6 arms with blades on each one.

About the crow girl, it's part of a quest and it can have a different outcome, you probably missed some steps of that quests. The weapon is good, especially the evade and attack hit (a thrust forward).

Quests? This game has quests? I didnt know. I just found her and wanted to kill. I will go for quests on NG+

And the Winter Lanterns are that ladies with the big brain head that sing, they are found in both Nightmare areas (dunno if you found the Nightmare Frontier area, it's an optional area before Mensis).

Edit: Searched for a photo of a Winter Lantern and yes, now I remember those. Also, I been to Frontier and beaten Amygdala, was though but the area is amazing. Thanks!

Btw, start thinking into diving into the DLC if you have it. Remember that once you beat the final boss the game automatically puts you at the start of NG+.

How close am I to the final boss? I dont even know where I stand...

Thanks. That magic attack is what was giving me a lot of trouble. Will try to be closer, even with his 6 arms with blades on each one.

Quests? This game has quests? I didnt know. I just found her and wanted to kill. I will go for quests on NG+

Edit: Searched for a photo of a Winter Lantern and yes, now I remember those. Also, I been to Frontier and beaten Amygdala, was though but the area is amazing. Thanks!

How close am I to the final boss? I dont even know where I stand...

you are right there, do the dlc now if you are gonna

Ludwig is an absolute bitch, fucker is hard to pin down

Matt Frost

you are right there, do the dlc now if you are gonna

Didn't know I was so close to the finish line... on my first run at least. Good to know. Thanks

I bought the dlc while it was on sale, I thought you had to finish the game first before accessing it. Also, when you beat the final boss, the game doesn't let you free roam the map before starting NG+? I thought it was the case

Ferr986

Didn't know I was so close to the finish line... on my first run at least. Good to know. Thanks

I bought the dlc while it was on sale, I thought you had to finish the game first before accessing it. Also, when you beat the final boss, the game doesn't let you free roam the map before starting NG+? I thought it was the case

It doesn't, it goes straight to NG+ (Dark Souls 2 and 3 lets you do that).. Basically, once you beat Micolash, you have another boss, then final boss, so stop before fighting the final boss, and head onto the DLC (check out you accessed the Upper Cathedral Ward first though, if not do that instead).

DLC is harder to vanilla so once you beat it you'll probably find the final boss too easy but oh well. You can also have a backup save on PS+ and reload the save after beating the final boss.

Menthuss

Any advice for Ludwig, his first form has so much range and damage

Don't try to dodge away from him. Instead, dodge towards him when he attacks and try to get underneath him. For me, using a fast weapon like the saw spear/cleaver worked well (+ the serration bonus helps a lot).

Ferr986

Any benefits from befriending him? Do I miss out on some good stuff if I kill him?

You miss a gesture if killing him. I think the rest you can get it either way.

Don't try to dodge away from him. Instead, dodge towards him when he attacks and try to get underneath him. For me, using a fast weapon like the saw spear/cleaver worked well for me (+ the serration bonus helps a lot).

This. Or upgrade the Whirligh Saw to +10, pop a fire paper on it and go town holding L2.

Took 15 health potions, but managed to beat him, beat his second form on the first try though I did get hit by what looked like Squall Lionhearts Blasting Zone, I was at full health for that thankfully

Took 15 health potions, but managed to beat him, beat his second form on the first try though I did get hit by what looked like Squall Lionhearts Blasting Zone, I was at full health for that thankfully
Congrats. One of my favorites and that theme is GOAT as fuck.
You miss a gesture if killing him. I think the rest you can get it either way.
I usually kill his ass at some point. I usually just befriend him for the gesture, come back and kill him when I want to get his armor set, which is usually when I get to Mensis or get prepared to go to Mensis.

Matt Frost

It doesn't, it goes straight to NG+ (Dark Souls 2 and 3 lets you do that).. Basically, once you beat Micolash, you have another boss, then final boss, so stop before fighting the final boss, and head onto the DLC (check out you accessed the Upper Cathedral Ward first though, if not do that instead).

DLC is harder to vanilla so once you beat it you'll probably find the final boss too easy but oh well. You can also have a backup save on PS+ and reload the save after beating the final boss.

I played a bit on my lunchbreak... damn, the DLC area is... hard... really hard. That hunters with the whip sword (I want that, looks way better than the threaded cane) and all the creatures... going back later.

I also went to the Upper Cathedral Ward and except a Orphan Key and other stuff I found a locked door (dont know what are both). What should I do there?

Ferr986

I played a bit on my lunchbreak... damn, the DLC area is... hard... really hard. That hunters with the whip sword (I want that, looks way better than the threaded cane) and all the creatures... going back later.

I also went to the Upper Cathedral Ward and except a Orphan Key and other stuff I found a locked door (dont know what are both). What should I do there?

Keep exploring :) tip:
you need to open the big door

And you can get that DLC weapon, yep.

Matt Frost

Keep exploring :) tip:
you need to open the big door

And you can get that DLC weapon, yep.

Ah don't tell me the key opens that door, I had to leave for work and didn't check that. Damn those werewolves are hard to fight 3 at the same time. Well, will give me more practise for the DLC, I feel like I am going to need it.

Jrmint

Ah don't tell me the key opens that door, I had to leave for work and didn't check that. Damn those werewolves are hard to fight 3 at the same time. Well, will give me more practise for the DLC, I feel like I am going to need it.
Those werewolves are a big pain, as are the other enemies in there, be careful. My strat for the werewolves was to back up to the door you come in and hit them with a big weapon through the doorway, because they can't get through.

Once you get a read on the parry timing for the beast cutter hunters they get a lot easier. I might not be the hugest fan of the beast cutter myself though, I think it's a bit slow compared to the cane.

I had an awesome fight vs. Lady Maria last night - my first 3 tries I used my LHB and failed miserably. It's just too slow, even with the stagger capability.

My 4th try I used my trusty axe and parried as often as I could and she went down pretty easily. I timed it so that she would die from a visceral, but somehow the actual pistol shot that staggered her also killed her. Damn.

I wish I had recorded it, I have no idea how to record gameplay. I hit the share button and it only showed the last 5 seconds or so, after the battle was over.

I had an awesome fight vs. Lady Maria last night - my first 3 tries I used my LHB and failed miserably. It's just too slow, even with the stagger capability.

My 4th try I used my trusty axe and parried as often as I could and she went down pretty easily. I timed it so that she would die from a visceral, but somehow the actual pistol shot that staggered her also killed her. Damn.

I wish I had recorded it, I have no idea how to record gameplay. I hit the share button and it only showed the last 5 seconds or so, after the battle was over.
The ps4 usually automatically records 15 minutes up the point where you hit the share button. I have my settings at double tap share to record though.

Matt Frost

Once you get a read on the parry timing for the beast cutter hunters they get a lot easier. I might not be the hugest fan of the beast cutter myself though, I think it's a bit slow compared to the cane.

I will have to get that weapon since I want the Platinum trophy

Those werewolves are a big pain, as are the other enemies in there, be careful. My strat for the werewolves was to back up to the door you come in and hit them with a big weapon through the doorway, because they can't get through.

LOL now those werewolves will be a cakewalk. Nice tip :) Those Insight stealing monsters are still there, but they come 1 by 1

LOL now those werewolves will be a cakewalk. Nice tip :) Those Insight stealing monsters are still there, but they come 1 by 1
UCW is a good place for the threaded cane. I usually just kill the main one at the locked door, through the locked door to get the key making the ambush later a lot more manageable. Don't be afraid to use some blue elixirs later and don't forget to get a certain gesture from there as well.

Ferr986

I like the beast cutter way more than the cane, but I know it's not a popular opinion.

Matt Frost

UCW is a good place for the threaded cane. I usually just kill the main one at the locked door, through the locked door to get the key making the ambush later a lot more manageable. Don't be afraid to use some blue elixirs later and don't forget to get a certain gesture from there as well.

I got the gesture and never use elixirs and things like that. I definitely should. Damn I can't stop thinking about this game, can't wait to get out of work to get back into it...

Top Bottom