• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiger Woods 14 not likely for Wii U

It’s looking increasingly unlikely that Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 will come to the Wii U. The franchise had done incredibly well on Nintendo’s previous home console, the Wii. Tiger Woods for Wii was the best reviewed version of the game and sold incredibly well thanks to the intuitive Wii remote. Kotaku contacted EA to find out why they’re not bringing the latest instalment to Wii U. Here’s their vague response.

“We’re currently focused on delivering a great Tiger Woods PGA TOUR experience for our fans on the Xbox 360 and PS3, where we have a great opportunity to connect fans to the real world of golf and each other. We don’t have any further platform announcements at this time.”

http://nintendoeverything.com/112841...our-for-wii-u/

MYE

Nintendo-Wii-U.jpg

Shame

Kimawolf

Yeah Nintendo I hope you're reading all this news and getting software ready stat. because you definitely will have no help from 3rd parties.

Busty

Banned
..., where we have a great opportunity to connect fans to the real world of golf and each other.

Golf fans who are also swingers do not own WiiUs.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

So uh, is Need for Speed EA's last Wii U title?

Very possibly.

FIFA is the big question and if that doesn't come that will be a huge news.

People who want FIFA already buy it on their wanted systems and will be the people to move to powerful hardware if their to move at all.
WiiU will sell by Nintendo games; thats just how it is. Everything else is just bonuses for the userbase; if they want those games that is.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Does NoA even talk with third-parties?

Can one courageous journalist go to NoA and ask what the fuck is going on with third-parties and Wii U?

Isn't EA Fitness a big game for EA? I don't think you should write them off just yet.

Maybe Mario Golf can fill the void. Peter Moore really digging that knife in deep.

e. How about Sonic Golfing All Stars?
So, the big question mark now is FIFA 14. That would be a nail in the European Wii U coffin.
You mean FIFA 13, right?

StuBurns

Banned
Funny, I thought they pulled his name off and changed it to some tournament name.

EDIT: I used to have that Stella avatar, it's great.

Sounds like Nintendo needs to do their own realistic sport sim lineup like Sega did.

How does this stand out over FIFA? I mean really.
Bring out Mario Soccer; embrace what they are whilst meeting the sport.

You can't beat the competition by trying to copy them at their best. Its impossible.
Nintendo has to embrace its best.

Haunted

How does this stand out over FIFA? I mean really.
Bring out Mario Soccer; embrace what they are whilst meeting the sport.

You can't beat the competition by trying to copy them at their best. Its impossible.
Nintendo has to embrace its best.
While I love Next Level Games' Mario Strikers Charged more than most people, it would not fill the hole left by a lack of FIFA (for example).

Medalion

Banned
Does NoA even talk with third-parties?

Can one courageous journalist go to NoA and ask what the fuck is going on with third-parties and Wii U?

Nintendo mumbles, but no one is listening cuz those crickets are chirping mighty loud in the Wii-U sales corner

Top Bottom