• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Fold the community sub-forum into the OT forum for the time being?" (Bigby_Wolf)

Kimawolf

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1456224&page=2

Thread request by junior Bigby_Wolf:

I think with the slower pace, it would be healthier to have only the OT right now.

I'm not suggesting killing those communities or those threads but just pushing them into the OT to make them more visible and to make this side feel as lovely as possible.

We can bring back the communities sub-forum when this side of the forum gets back on it's feet.

Discuss.

There's no point to community forums with how slow things are moving. Maybe if the communities start thriving again it would be smart to move them again.

Though the few active communities plus the increased visibility of those threads might force out new threads from the first page, which was the reason communities were created in the first place. Honestly I'd say that's ok in the short term to get new people posting in those communities.

There's no point to community forums with how slow things are moving. Maybe if the communities start thriving again it would be smart to move them again.

Though the few active communities plus the increased visibility of those threads might force out new threads from the first page, which was the reason communities were created in the first place. Honestly I'd say that's ok in the short term to get new people posting in those communities.
Nothing will be pushing out anything at the current pace.

I don't know how easy or feasible this is. Can these threads be tagged as communities and flipped back and forth en masse at the push of a button?

wondermega

Hell, I'm a regular member and I've forgot about half the communities I've subscribed to. Bring them back to OT, maybe slowly, let them get a chance to grow.

I like things separate.
I do, too. That's why I was asking if there was a way to tag them and easily pull the back to a sub-forum one day.

But at the current pace, having as much activity and as many eyes as possible seeing new posts in a thread is critical and having this divide is making both sides appear even more dead than we actually are.

It's probably robbing the community threads of some traffic, too.

I suggest we make any new community threads on the OT side for the time being at least.

JimiNutz

Banned
I think this would be a good idea given the current pace. Can always separate them out again if/when the community grows.

I say we create 50 different sub-forums each based on their own game.

Then bring in hundreds of emojis, animated avatars, animated signatures, custom animated tags, custom skins, text-to-speech (with funny voices), embed a live sex channel in the upper right corner, embed Trump's twitter account in the upper left corner, make Modbot sentient, approve Neogaf gold, spam advertise the forum all over Steam, kidnap the owners of the other place for ransom, have someone start using Wario64's account, have Thor 2 The Dark World playing in the bottom right corner, let people send sexy videos to each other in the PM without fear of reprisal, let people human traffic in the BST thread, have "$30 Italian Meal Wednesdays", let people gamble on poll questions, have soft, sexy music playing while you're browsing the forum, and please stop making these threads because you're making the forum look pathetic.

Ombra

Sttangely enough I support this idea. A lot of the people in those communities have moved on together. Giving it front page real estate will attract the kind of people that would want to be a part of those communities. And when its moved back they will know where to go to continue the discussions.

I say we create 50 different sub-forums each based on their own game.

Then bring in hundreds of emojis, animated avatars, animated signatures, custom animated tags, custom skins, text-to-speech (with funny voices), embed a live sex channel in the upper right corner, embed Trump's twitter account in the upper left corner, make Modbot sentient, approve Neogaf gold, spam advertise the forum all over Steam, kidnap the owners of the other place for ransom, have someone start using Wario64's account, have Thor 2 The Dark World playing in the bottom right corner, let people send sexy videos to each other in the PM without fear of reprisal, let people human traffic in the BST thread, have "$30 Italian Meal Wednesdays", let people gamble on poll questions, have soft, sexy music playing while you're browsing the forum, and please stop making these threads because you're making the forum look pathetic.
Clever. I'm kidding. When sarcasm is as drawn out and redundant as that you might as well keep it in your head.

cormack12

Gold Member
I generally support this. I never visited the community tabs of either forum to be honest.

Might be an idea for people to own communities. Like community managers, lesser than a mod.

Acerac

Banned
The original reason for community was to remove threads that Lore didn't want to see from the main page. Given how this would fly in the face of that, I'm not sure that it'd be what we're shooting for on this forum.

There's no point because the people keeping those places alive aren't here anymore.

Having a bunch of dead OTs dumped on this side's just going to make things look worse (or as dire as they actually are).

Nah, the people who populate those places are mostly gone, just like they are in OT. This truly is a gamers forum right now, ride the wave.

Potentially we should be coming together in OT, rather than separating more considering the lack of activity.

Ubername

Banned
Honestly seems like a pretty good idea. Off-topic could use a boost even though I do believe it is slowly climbing.

aaronsan

Banned
It's interesting to me to see so many of you talking about how slow it is now. Keeping up with all the OT threads that interest me and replying where I want seems pretty busy already. I can't imagine it before the purge or whatever, the vacate-ion. Didn't your thoughts just get lost in a tidal wave?

Top Bottom