• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakfuss

Excellent title lololol. The last OT got spoiler-y as fuck (an easy thing to do with this game) though so I'm out!

The second one is Amiibo functionality. Still haven't found the first myself after 60+ hours of playing....

I haven't used any Amiibo at all yet, and I saw it once. Does it never reappear unless you use an Amiibo? And which Amiibo is this tied to? I don't remember hearing about it as an Amiibo event...

Air

Banned
This is the only thing I've played since last Friday. I thought I'd get bored of it but nope. Some of the shrine challenges can be frustrating, but the world is so big and interesting I don't mind.

Best thread title. Anyway, I'm gonna ask this again here because I never got answers:

That's a really, really tough one to figure out. You have to
go to the big rock in the middle of the lake, bomb it to reveal an updraft, and then look around while floating

Thanks man! Got it!

Lets get to page 2 so I don't have to load that OP on phone lol.

Good progress made in increasing the percentage. Gonna try and knock out all 3 dungeons tonight that I have left over.

En-ou

100+ hours in and I have done only one beast so far. I have not completely explored even one province yet. Game of the generation for me so far. I would not be surprised if Santa Monica/ND went back to the drawing board and made God of War/Uncharted/TLoU super interactive like this game with many gameplay systems.

Daknight

Man, been playing for a week non-stop and I am just now reaching another new area and still have 3 to go O_O I am about to explore the new area since I just open the place with the tower.

Talk about a game that keeps on giving! Heck I haven't felt like this since OOT on not wanting to finish it so the experience wouldn't end xP Though in this case the game being so big I could continue to explore and find new things!

Lingitiz

Everytime I think I'm going to hit a wall and get bored exploring, I find something new and crazy. This game is just constantly surprising me left and right, and I haven't even seen a location outside of Zora's Domain or the main green Hyrule areas.

Awww yiiiis we OT2 now

Yeah this game is spectacular.

Already in my top 10 and i ain't even finish it yet.

No question...Greatest handheld game ever made

Neoweee

Granted, I've been in the thread saying things, but I've done a pretty good job of being extremely spoiler free. First week progress update.

- 50 hours
- 55 shrines completed, more found.
- 130 korok seeds.
- Only two dungeons completed

I definitely have complaints and quibbles (as one should on any open-world gargantuan RPG-adventure), but if this counts as an open-world RPG, then it is absolutely my favorite thus far. Any complaints I've had have been mitigated by nuances and new features as I've continued to play.

My only huge, major complaint, is the fall-off in game difficulty with regards to the combat portions of the game, for a bunch of reasons. There's tons of stuff to justify a full thread on "Types of Difficulty in Zelda games (Combat, Puzzles, Platforming, "Where to go", and "What to do"), and Breath of the Wild." It would be a much more broad discussion than the "What do you want in HARD mode?" thread, which I think is mostly a few straightforward and obvious tweaks.

AdanVC

OT2 here we goo! Also I would like to say: This game has an AMAZING Spanish Latin America voice acting, 1000 times better than the english one so if you're a fellow Latin American, play the game on Spanish and enjoy some top notch voice acting!

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
That title just happens to work. Bravo.

I think I'm 20 hours in. One dungeon done.

This is a strange game for me. I can't think of any particular moments that blow my mind (outside of maybe a few of the dungeon/shrine solutions), but the experience overall is so immersive that I don't care. I literally get sucked into this world and lose track of time, and this is all done without the traditional narrative hooks. It's an astonishing achievement to be honest.

P.S. Also love that it's crazy hard.

TreIII

Subbed. Didn't bother posting in the last one cuz I was too busy playing, but I will try to join this one.

Haven't really done story shit since last Saturday cuz it was just so much fun to wander all over the world and do it just like I did back in the 80s with Zelda 1+2. Love this game so very, very much.

silva1991

JXqhp3c.gif

It's sad that I still haven't done this :/

fernoca

Well...posting again:
Does anyone know if the 8-bit Link amiibo weapon unlock, can be unlocked again after broken?

KHlover

Banned
I need pieces of a shooting star for my final armor upgrade. I haven't seen a single shooting star in over 60 hours >.<

J3ffro

Great title OP. Befitting the game.

I hit the 30 hour mark last night. I don't even have half of the map revealed, I've done 30 shrines, only
one divine beast
, and have largely been just exploring to my hearts content.

It feels like I've only played 4-5 hours tops.

When I finished
Ruta
I had a euphoric "what did I just experience" feeling. Trying to hold off racing toward the
next three
, which isn't hard, since I'm enjoying the world so much.

I had been doing a two hearts:eek:ne stam upgrade, but with 8 hearts already, I'm going to prioritize stam more since I spend so much time climbing around.

Smellycat

Greatest game ever. All those reviews weren't exaggerating with their praises.

The only issue is the varying frame rate but even that is not distracting from the experience

Pastry

Banned
I need to get some sort of Switch case because all I can think about is how I should be playing this on my lunch break.

Questions from the last thread still seeking answers

1)
How can I get the orb for the hidden shrine in Kakariko village

2)
A Kaas puzzle, he said I need to wait the blood moon and wait on the pedestal to activate the shrine, yet nothing's happening

3)
Upgrading the champion armor is not cheap, does it get something great for that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom