• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance vs HALO 3 (comparison inside)

GhaleonEB said:
What "Halo 3 mockups" are you talking about? The announcement trailer? That's the minimum bar for what campaign will look like. That's the actual engine, in an actual in-game environment.

Over a year ago.

Good luck with that. Let me know how that works out for you come September 25th. :lol

Razoric said:
Interesting... i wonder if it was from a beta build of the game.

Ive seen it look like that...but then Ive also seen it look better than Half life 2

hahaha at the Kameo comparison though...even in early state R & C looks much better

JdFoX187

Banned
EternalGamer said:
Good luck with that. Let me know how that works out for you come September 25th. :lol
So you're basing your argument about Halo 3's graphics on...?

While Ghaleon has quoted Bungie when they talked about the announcement trailer.

So are we to believe YOU who knows nothing about Halo 3 or are we going to believe the developers?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Razoric said:
Interesting... i wonder if it was from a beta build of the game.
You can select a poor shot from any game.

914642_20041112_screen118.jpg

Remedy

Banned
what level of improvement should we be expecting when it is finished? Is it even possoble to speculate on this? I hope they can impress me as much as the first time when i played GOW, the only thing is during its development it always looked good.

JdFoX187 said:
So you're basing your argument about Halo 3's graphics on...?

While Ghaleon has quoted Bungie when they talked about the announcement trailer.

So are we to believe YOU who knows nothing about Halo 3 or are we going to believe the developers?

Um, I'll believe my own eyes over PR any day. And that goes for anybody's PR, not just Bungie's.

tribal24

Banned
cant compare halo to resistance just cant both are diffrent obvouisly if you wanna compare something it should be killzone vs resistance when we finally see killzone.

Agent Icebeezy said:
That is taken off of a television, like this one. Your pic is still single player as well

You haven't actually played Resistance, have you? That's an MP map. There's really no noteworthy difference between Resistance SP and MP.

coldvein

Banned
tribal24 said:
cant compare halo to resistance just cant both are diffrent obvouisly if you wanna compare something it should be killzone vs resistance when we finally see killzone.

why is it such a sin to compare halo to resistance?

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
AltogetherAndrews said:
You haven't actually played Resistance, have you? That's an MP map. There's really no noteworthy difference between Resistance SP and MP.

Actually I have it and bought it the day it came out, along with the PS3. I caught myself and revised my post.

Striker

EternalGamer said:
Um, I'll believe my own eyes over PR any day. And that goes for anybody's PR, not just Bungie's.
Your own eyes? So you were there when they presented the E3 video to everybody and have played the single-player walk-through?

squicken

Resistance SP and MP look identical. I wonder if Halo 3 could be the same if they got rid of the fracking laggy ass peer 2 peer and went with dedicated servers.

coldvein

Banned
tribal24 said:
well halo 3 is not done i guess thats why

It's not, but it is coming out in a few months. It's getting pretty close to done. I know we haven't seen the SP yet, but I don't see the harm in talking about what we have seen so far through the beta.

Striker said:
Your own eyes? So you were there when they presented the E3 video to everybody and have played the single-player walk-through?

Nobody "played" Halo 3 in that walk through. They viewed a slightly interactive "real time" cutscene that was (not so coincidentally) labeled "Halo 3." Meanwhile I have been playing the real Halo 3 for a full week now, so I have a pretty good idea of what it looks like.

squicken said:
Resistance SP and MP look identical. I wonder if Halo 3 could be the same if they got rid of the fracking laggy ass peer 2 peer and went with dedicated servers.

That has nothing (or at least very little) to do with it. Halo MP is clean and high-vis for a very good reason, playability and balance. All the better for it as well.

EternalGamer said:
I have been playing the real Halo 3 for a full week now, so I have a pretty good idea of what it looks like.

No you haven't. Unless you're a certifier for the German ratings board.

DD-11

DSN2K said:
halo3703.JPG

this is fun.

I don't know why people think this can't be done. Look at Gears. How much better does this look really? Games will look better than Gears, it happens each generation. Besides, it's not as if the MC model will be on screen anyway. Take him out and what's left? A pretty sweet looking desert. Add some bad guys and if you think the 360 + Bungie can't pull this off, then argue away.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
JB1981 said:
A couple things:

1. Resistance MP and SP look the same but all these Halo 3 shots are exclusively MP shots.

2. Color palettes are worlds apart.

3. Resistance has many many more players onscreen and huge multiplayer maps. At least 2x the size of the maps in Halo 3 MP beta.

4. Halo 3 has air and land vehicles online, whereas Resistance does not (much better explosions as well).

5. Resistance was a launch title.

6. Resistance has at least 4xaa. Halo 3 does not. But Halo has HDR (not sure if Resistance does).

7. This thread will not end well.
/thread.

DD-11

squicken said:

And I wonder when people are going to learn that graphics have nothing to do with lag.

Top Bottom