• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For April 2017 [Up: Sony and Microsoft now sharing digital numbers]

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So glad Persona did well, easily my GOTY. Do wonder if they feel vindicated for their shitty streaming policies now though, that'd be unfortunate.

13ruce

Banned
As I said before MS is fighting to keep in the 2nd place in this generation because Nintendo is coming to get that 2nd place :D

Yep i fully expect Switch to outsell xbox one and scorpio combined, it will take a couple of years but if marketing and support keeps beimg this stellar it will happen.

Xbox has less presence than Sony this time around (because Sony fixed the wrongs of the ps4 launch wich gave both ms and nintendo a huge boost) and maybe even Nintendo but time will tell.

SgtCobra

Happy for Persona 5, the game deserves it.

A man can dream?

It would be a my ideal place to play persona, on switch

Persona is perfect for it.

Edit: wow people get mad over this. My bad.
Are you surprised? This is a sales thread and you come with the good ol' portbeg.

Boke1879

Lol Remember when people said Horizon was being sent to die. Here were, the fourth best selling game after four months. lol

Also, Ubi is crazy. Taking the two spots is just insane.

Ubisoft clearly understands the market better than anyone.

I expect AC to be HUGE this year.

NotLiquid

I'm confused. 280k doesn't sound especially impressive, but maybe I'm remembering my relative numbers incorrectly?

Stock was so dire last month that Nintendo had to switch to airplane shipment of stock last month due to trouble meeting demand, and finding a Switch in the US right now is like finding a needle in a haystack, fairly so in Japan as well. Europe is the only region that isn't having much issues as of present. I wouldn't be surprised if May numbers see a boost - they obviously did not expect the Switch to sell as well as it did right now.

Wow. Amazing month for Nintendo. Hopefully they can keep the momentum going with E3!

Wait. Andromeda is the 5th best selling game of the year and EA still put the franchise on ice?

They have a lot of development options at Bioware, and Andromeda didn't meet critical or financial expectations. It's a shame, but financially it made more sense to put that team to work supporting other games in development rather than greenlighting a sequel straight away.

aBarreras

Lol Remember when people said Horizon was being sent to die. Here were, the fourth best selling game after four months. lol

Also, Ubi is crazy. Taking the two spots is just insane.

i mean, zelda has sold better than horizon, on a fraction and i mean FRACTION of the userbase

maybe zelda uberpeformed

sent to die was a stupid thing to say tho

Boke1879

Yep i fully expect Switch to outsell xbox one and scorpio combined, it will take a couple of years but if marketing and support keeps beimg this stellar it will happen.

Xbox has less presence than Sony this time around (because Sony fixed the wrongs of the ps4 launch wich gave both ms and nintendo a huge boost) and maybe even Nintendo but time will tell.

The Switch in its 2nd year will be paramount in determining how well it does. First year seem very solid, but they gotta keep that rolling first party wise next year.

A Pokemon game would be the answer imo.

Scrawnton

The Switch in its 2nd year will be paramount in determining how well it does. First year seem very solid, but they gotta keep that rolling first party wise next year.

They'll have a Pokémon, Pikmin, animal crossing, and metroid plus a couple new IPs for their second year. Count on it.

jmizzal

Crazy 3 games about 5 years old or older in the top 20, Minecraft, GTAV,and Black ops 2, and NES is the 2nd in console sales lol

RootCause

Ubisoft clearly understands the market better than anyone.

I expect AC to be HUGE this year.

That much is clear, though it disappointed me to see them turn For Honor into a MP only game. It was one of my most anticipated games. I just hope they keep releasing SP games, even if they include mp.

It's been a while since I played an AC game. So this might get me to try the series again.

NotLiquid

i mean, zelda has sold better than horizon, on a fraction and i mean FRACTION of the userbase

maybe zelda uberpeformed

I still don't think releasing Horizon so close to Zelda was a good idea at all, but still, it performed well and certainly surprised me.

A.J.

Banned

maybe zelda uberpeformed

Well it was the game to get for Switch at launch. Everything else was small time.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
They'll have a Pokémon, Pikmin, animal crossing, and metroid plus a couple new IPs for their second year. Count on it.

3rdPartys stepping up their game, especially japanese ones will be interesting to see...Nintendo First Party content is pretty much expected to be on point right now.

NotLiquid

The image used for the Venturebeat article tho:

https://venturebeat.com/2017/05/18/april-2017-npd/

q0py8Ux.jpg

How many Makoto peeps are gonna be angry that she got cut out of the image

rhandino

Banned
That much is clear, though it disappointed me to see them turn For Honor into a MP only game. It was one of my most anticipated games. I just hope they keep releasing SP games, even if they include mp.

It's been a while since I played an AC game. So this might get me to try the series again.
For Honor was always billed as a multiplayer focused game.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
As said by others, it's great to see Sony and MS sharing digita datas as well. Nice job on that front. Hopefully NPD won't take too long to get Nintendo/Activision/EA on board.

RootCause

maybe zelda uberpeformed

Zelda selling better is irrelevant, if it truly were sent out to die , it wouldn't be charting. It's the fourth best selling game in 2017 so far, behind some of the greatest selling tittles in years. Like Wildlands, and BOTW.

Nintendo has so many software options for 2018. It's going to do just fine.

Usobuko

Banned
Persona 5 should be pretty close to Top 10 for games sales throughout 2017 right?

MLB is #2 behind Persona this month but charted like 3-4 days last month and is exactly #10 on " Best selling games of 2017 through April ".

Top Bottom