• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Oh is it region limited? so dumb. UK.

I also have a gamevil account from years back that I am using, not playing with a local save.

This should work.

DBEUTRAILER2015

Also the rewards should come in after you exit and restart the game.

garath

Well I took one for the team and wiped my data and redownloaded (Android). Even without a hive account, it wouldn't let me use the same name for account or character saying they were in use :( That aside, I was able to use the 4 premium summon code again and get 4 new tries. If someone was so inclined they could reroll until getting an S or better.

I may do it one more time as I got only As again. :(

SougoXIII

What country are you from?

Also, what's rapport for? I think I missed the text when they were explaining what it meant.

You need Max rapport (100) in order to fuse 2 of your allies together to make a higher rank one. You earn Rapport for using them in battle.

They kinda ramp up the difficulty at chapter 22 didn't they? The enemies keep spamming mage aoe and does shit ton of dmg to my team.

Well I took one for the team and wiped my data and redownloaded (Android). Even without a hive account, it wouldn't let me use the same name for account or character saying they were in use :( That aside, I was able to use the 4 premium summon code again and get 4 new tries. If someone was so inclined they could reroll until getting an S or better.

Thank you for letting us know.

I got all A's so I might try it again, but I kinda feel like having SS-SSS units is not necessary for some reason.

This looks cute. Im going to try it. I just got an iPad this weekend so I need to fill it up with games. Anyone know of any good ones to get on iOS? Going to get Dragon Quest VIII on it.

garath

Much better. I rerolled a third time and ended up with 2 S ranks from the 4 summons. That's three with the automatic S you get. I'll live with that.

KimChi

wow really liking the game so far, I cant seem to find some people that posted their names. I added all the names I was able to find in-game though.
My name is Krusche for account and character.

So is this game actually fun to play? It seems like you just press auto, or you can tap the screen every 20 seconds after cooldown expires. Does it get more gameplay later, or is this the entire thing?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Just hit level 20 and the level 20 raid is pretty damn tough.

For new people, don't worry about rerolling. Just progress the story and you will have a full team of S rank by level 20ish. I am to the point where I'm maxing S ranks to combine them for SS.

My referral again since I don't thin anybody picked it up. Wizzie

garath

So I have max rapport with all 3 of my S rank allies - mage, archer and warrior. Is the best strat to combine two of them? Which two should I combine?

Kitoro

So I have max rapport with all 3 of my S rank allies - mage, archer and warrior. Is the best strat to combine two of them? Which two should I combine?

If the Warrior is a Tank warrior with a taunt skill, and your main character isn't a Knight, then keep the Warrior and enhance the other two S rank allies to combine them. You should ideally have a tank with taunt.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

You will also need to get them to max +. S rank goes to +6.
Once you have 2 S ranks at max rapport and +6, you can combine for SS.

I would recommend doing it as long as all your other party members are S or greater.

garath

You will also need to get them to max +. S rank goes to +6.
Once you have 2 S ranks at max rapport and +6, you can combine for SS.

I would recommend doing it as long as all your other party members are S or greater.

Oooh. Ok. I have a ways to go then. No luck on the + yet. Ouch. Lol

Kitoro

I highly recommend everyone push through PvP to at least the top 10% for the excellent rewards and title, and take a shot at the Labyrinth, as you only need one good score to rank well.

You can pick your fights in PvP, so as long as you don't go up against SS and higher monsters (yellow and red portrait backgrounds = no go), and fight players lower leveled than you, you'll almost assuredly win.

Once you get in a guild, just do a few Guild Battles, too.

Between those 3 weekly events, you can walk away with a few hundred rubies per week. I'm already set in the top 1% in PvP and 1.5% in Labyrinth, and working on Guild Battles now. I should have 200+ rubies coming to me from them next week.

Just did my first two raids, both times I walked away with an SS weapon (orange) lol, sword and shielf for my knight, i'm set for a bit.

inthrall

For new people, don't worry about rerolling. Just progress the story and you will have a full team of S rank by level 20ish. I am to the point where I'm maxing S ranks to combine them for SS.

Used yours as OP seemed to have none left. My account name is Inthrall if anyone is trying this out

used yours, thanks

I tried giving this a shot yesterday...but the game seemed way too passive. You literally just sit there and watch the pretty game play itself. Is there anything I'm missing? Is there added gameplay later on? It's a shame because the game looks fantastic.

I hate these mobile games with like a half hour long forced tutorial where you can't even exit the game.

Whatever, getting through it.

Where is the redeem code button? I couldn't find it in the GM Event or whatever in the tavern.

draw4wild

Where is the redeem code button? I couldn't find it in the GM Event or whatever in the tavern.

Under the event button all the way on the bottom

I've rerolled about 20 times now trying for any SS, it may not be necessary but if puzzles and dragons taught me anything it was that rerolling saved me a lot of frustration later on.

If anyone is rerolling, you need to rename your account everytime but if you delete your character before deleting you can reuse the name. So if you get one you want to use make sure to delete

I only have one S class char the rest are A's which so far has been fine.

You can upgrade their level by finding another char like them and maxing out their stats, i'll know more when my priest has been leveled.

garath

Weird. I've rerolled three times and never got a referral chance :/

I did friend a few people from this thread though. I'm account garath1 and current Rogue is Garyck.

I've rerolled about 20 times now trying for any SS, it may not be necessary but if puzzles and dragons taught me anything it was that rerolling saved me a lot of frustration later on.

If anyone is rerolling, you need to rename your account everytime but if you delete your character before deleting you can reuse the name. So if you get one you want to use make sure to delete

How do you do this?

It says I can't delete the last character.

garath

Doh. Good catch. Wish I knew that.

This is just alright, the art is nice but it's very busy during combat so you don't really know what the heck is going on. It was lagging on my phone so I tried to see how it would normally be by playing it on PC with bluestacks and it's still still clunky.

'Played' this for like, four hours straight in between dungeon finder queues in FF:XIV, and ran straight through all my stamina/shoes for the day without realizing it.

Game is super hands-off and I really don't know what's going on in fights outside of my little cooldown skills, but there's something about it that scratches some itch I didn't know I had. Right now I'm raising a duplicate A rank healer to 100 mastery so I can combine them. Hopefully with two of the same class it'll be a healer that comes out, and not some random one.

Artstyle is kind of hit or miss for me. It looks a lot like a Vanillaware title but it's not quite there, and aping it doesn't always hit the mark. I normally turn the music off.

The game is fun though and I'm really digging it. My account name is Yahweh88, and my character's name is Yahwehh. Two h's. Some schmuck took my name.

I'm down to join the Gaf guild if/when one pops up!

Oh, and hey, first post on the forums after lurking for a while. Whoop whoop.

Top Bottom