• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs still coming to WiiU but at a later date

jmizzal

Wii U version to launch after other platforms but is still in development, Ubisoft confirms.

In a statement provided to VideoGamer.com following the announcement, a Ubisoft spokesperson said:

"We made the difficult decision to further delay the release of Watch Dogs on Wii U to focus the team's resources where they could have the broadest possible benefit for both our customers and Ubisoft".

http://www.videogamer.com/wiiu/watch_dogs/news/watch_dogs_delayed_on_wii_u.html

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I wonder if the PS3/360 versions are delayed too. It would make sense for them to focus on the PS4/XBO/PC versions after the delay since the other versions were probably guaranteed to be awful anyway.

Bsigg12

They must be waiting to see what Nintendo is going to do. No reason to release the game if the Wii U is still failing to sell.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I wonder if the PS3/360 versions are delayed too. It would make sense for them to focus on the PS4/XBO/PC versions after the delay since the other versions were probably guaranteed to be awful anyway.

I'd be shocked. They want to sell 7+ million copies.

To be clear, that's after the PS4/XB1/PS3/360/PC versions.

So basically, after everyone who wants Watch_Dogs will have already bought it. :p

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
wiiupic_121613.jpg

Nintendo just can't catch a break.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
At this point, I suspect

WD for all the other: April, before MK8
WD WIIU, released after MK8, June

Could this be a reasonable scenario?

bigkrev

Delayed = Canceled in this case

I guess that's the end of Ubi on WiiU, unless they decide to continue publishing Just Dance on it.

Doesn't really matter. How many people are going to pick up another version who would have preferred the Wii U version on the same day? I doubt cancelling it would "anger" that many Wii U owners.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

That wouldn't make any sense. If anything, they'd want to release before Mario Kart hits the selfs.

MYE

Maybe by Nintendos' request. To space out releases

This fucking sucks either way, and I don't even care about the game

fabprems

Let me recap the timeline for you :
HYPE -- LAUNCH DATE ----- SELLS MILLIONS on PS4/PS3/XBOX 1/ 360 ------SUMMER----------HYPE DIES -- LAUNCH ON WII U ------ SELLS HUNDRED-- NeoGAF (laughs)

sphagnum

Banned
Guessing that once they delayed the game they decided to focus their efforts on the other versions so the Wii U version still isn't completed yet.

At this point, I suspect

Could this be a reasonable scenario?

Yep, it falls in line with Iwata's thinking too: Family friendly first party games will drive the success of mature third party games on Wii U.

I'm going to preorder it for Wii U next week at gamestop to let fate decide. I won't be getting it for any other console if it doesn't come to Wii U.

maxcriden

w1gglyjones said:
Doesn't really matter. How many people are going to pick up another version who would have preferred the Wii U version on the same day?

I'd be really curious what percentage of Wii U owners even have a PS4 or XB1. Is that information available anywhere, or could it be extrapolated? I imagine WD sales will be low on Wii U regardless, but I agree with the above.

Malvingt2

DOOOOOOOOOOMED

Why bother at a later date. I think this will be cancelled in the end.

That worked out great for Aliens: Colonial Marines.

They must be waiting to see what Nintendo is going to do. No reason to release the game if the Wii U is still failing to sell.

Quietly cancelled.

Why even bother.

So cancelled then.

it will probably end up being cancelled in the end. UbiSoft is just really bad at removing band-aids.

Delayed = Canceled in this case

I guess that's the end of Ubi on WiiU, unless they decide to continue publishing Just Dance on it.

This will be cancelled

Its canned.

LOL

So dead. This thing is getting cancelled.

b5c9b4bc4e80f2986cfdff809128ed63d86583eb8cb8f808edcafb81e72cb108.jpg

Top Bottom