• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Limiting Factor

Neo Member
Is there a methodology for the Mondo timed releases? I can only recall the Pulp Fiction timed edition, run of 2.566, before the Max Max, run of 2,765, timed edition. It seems like a great way to print money but I can't tell if this is merely a random occurrence or something that will become more common.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Is there a methodology for the Mondo timed releases? I can only recall the Pulp Fiction timed edition, run of 2.566, before the Max Max, run of 2,765, timed edition. It seems like a great way to print money but I can't tell if this is merely a random occurrence or something that will become more common.

they've said generally it'd be like a once or twice a year thing.

LaneDS

Like I said, I don't know if he still does it but it used to be that if you refreshed too much, yeah, couldn't access the site for 10 or 15 minutes.

Oh yeah, was more just commenting on the fact that was ever a thing regardless of whether it still is.

Risible

That is madness.

I have to agree. Random drop and an IP block for refreshing to find out if it's actually up are so diametrically opposed that it boggles my mind any sane person thinks it's a good idea.

Between that and the high pricing on the AP I'm starting to suspect that Tong needs a wake-up call r.e. his treatment of consumers.

Sigma722

I should add that I could complain about a lot of the bigger artists in the business right now. It seems like a good portion of the more popular ones are a bit jaded with their success, or stopped, which upsets me equally.

Relevant again, I see!

IronRinn

On sale tomorrow, Thursday August 20th on Mondo: Godzilla by Jared Muralt

183226b1-7e60-4954-a91b-63de8847967c.jpg

24"x18" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 300. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

24"x18" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 150. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Getting an Otomo/Akira vibe from it. It'd be a great splash page in a comic, but as a print it's a bit boring.

omgkitty

Hope they feed him more work, everyone should do a quick google image search on him.

Now I want a Ran poster.

Check out his instagram - https://instagram.com/jaredmuralt/ - He has more great sketches in his notebook than most current artists do as actual pieces. I've never been this excited for an artist from Mondo because of what I hope he ends up doing, instead of what he's already done. Hopefully he'll be overused (in a good way) like Matt Taylor was when he first started, pumping out 5 or 6 prints in a few months to pad Mondo's lineup until Mondocon. I wanna see this guy do an interesting property.

stufte

24"x18" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 300. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

24"x18" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 150. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

Not keen on this print. The composition is meh and it's entirely too busy for what it is.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Check out his instagram - https://instagram.com/jaredmuralt/ - He has more great sketches in his notebook than most current artists do as actual pieces. I've never been this excited for an artist from Mondo because of what I hope he ends up doing, instead of what he's already done. Hopefully he'll be overused (in a good way) like Matt Taylor was when he first started, pumping out 5 or 6 prints in a few months to pad Mondo's lineup until Mondocon. I wanna see this guy do an interesting property.

Dude's moleskin work is fantastic. Y'all think we should get a commission going with this dude? Maybe get him working on something more interesting than Godzilla.

DuneDude

Neo Member
Does anyone know if there's any truth to the rumor from a bit ago about a possible Shadow of the Colossus companion print to Eng's ICO?

Mockingbird teased something of the sort in the old thread but there's been no info since.

Sigma722

There aren't enough seven samurai prints while we are jerkin the kurosawa train. That being said, I've already got the best:

ff3XBeN.jpg

Bii

Does anyone know if there's any truth to the rumor from a bit ago about a possible Shadow of the Colossus companion print to Eng's ICO?

Mockingbird teased something of the sort in the old thread but there's been no info since.

I don't think it's going to happen. Especially now that Mockingbird is with Cyclops Print Works.

Sushigod7

I've got something in the works with Eng for next year in the spring. Its game related and something that hasn't be done yet in a print via gallery or private. I'll be posting here and in a FB group to get the largest participation I can. I'm happy to one before if we had an idea on one or help with one I've done a few.

Fletcher

I'm always down for a good commission. Would love to get something going with Jared Murlat. Really digging his portfolio.

Luderico

Really awesome. Lookin forward of new work from him. Would've bought the Godzilla prints in an instant if not the movie was so shitty. Bummer.

Limiting Factor

Neo Member
I've got something in the works with Eng for next year in the spring. Its game related and something that hasn't be done yet in a print via gallery or private. I'll be posting here and in a FB group to get the largest participation I can. I'm happy to one before if we had an idea on one or help with one I've done a few.

When will you be soliciting for participants? Closer to the release or in the next few weeks and months?

Luderico

Varian sold out. Standard still available.

And again really dig it. Had it in my cart. But the movie. C'om on mondo....

There aren't enough seven samurai prints while we are jerkin the kurosawa train. That being said, I've already got the best:

I picked up this hero complex gallery one last year:

http://hcgart.com/products/seven-samurai-60th-anniversary-color-variant-by-casey-callender

I was debating the B&W or the Color variant but the color just caught my eye more.

Also I'd be down for a commission buy in. I have too many posters but one day I'll have a home theater to rotate them in and out of.

IronRinn

Today, Friday August 21st at a random time (I think usually around 12pm ET): Alabama Shakes at Red Rocks from Chuck Sperry:

21" x 29" screenprint. Seven colors on cream paper. Signed and numbered edition of 250.

He will have some of the regulars and he also does variants. No idea on price.

Side note: Here's his mea culpa regarding the misspelling of "amphitheater"

I'll just take this head on. I poured so much energy into this design, and the production was made a lot tougher considering that my main helper was in a motorcycle accident and broke his leg, right before this last push of three or four poster print jobs, so I've been really hauling butt with the help of my friend Ben! I'll make note right now about the misspelling on the poster. I received the information from the band as “ampitheatre.” I might have checked the spelling, but I’m afraid I went on faith. The information looked authoritative, and I’m sorry I missed the error. Whereas it is suitable to use either “amphitheater” or “amphitheatre” - “ampitheater” is not regarded as an “alternate spelling. It is regarded only as an incorrect one. Better to fess up, dust myself off and move on. My apologies to my Colorado fans!

IronRinn

Today, Friday, August 21st at 2pm CT on Postersandtoys: Three gig posters from Ken Taylor:

The Avett Brothers 18" x 24" Screenprint, Edition of 77, $35

Heartless Bastards 12" x 36" Screenprint, Edition of 52, $30

Conor Oberst 18" x 24" Screenprint, Edition of 148, $30

I actually like Heartless Bastards. Might give that one a shot.

Filthy Slug

I was going to post the Conor Oberst one, 'cause it's fucking great.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Looking for Mad Max or Batman Art Print for an 24x18 Size frame ^_^

I'm not sure about Mad Max, but French Paper Art Club has a bunch of Batman prints, and I think a fair share of them are 18 x 24.

Could be (probably will be) cool. More excited for the new Mashburn and some older Kawasaki's.

My excitement will be dictated by price. Cool that she's going to be there though.

SourBear

Banned
Kind of a stupid idea to put out there but I am really interested in something like this and I'm hoping maybe other people are as well.

The new Star Wars film is rapidly approaching and I would love, no.. I would kill, to be able to replace my really shitty reprint of the original Star Wars movie poster with something in a similar style .. or at least inspired by, in a silk screen print.

Would any body else be interested in this? Interested enough to do the leg work on finding an artist, getting a commission going for it, and getting the licensing details squared away? I haven't done any of that before so I certainly wouldn't be a good candidate to take all of that on. I guess what I'm asking.. is there enough interest in this do you guys think?

Sorry if this is breaking any rules or anything. I just really want something like this.

Luderico

Had the Avett Brothers in my cart. Not my kind of music but its a fucking beauty.
But then my wallet screamed at me and so no poster for me.
Been listening to Conor Oberst, girlfriend loves this kind of music. So i think. Justified.

Mondocon. Not really excited at this point. Personally i don't need another Batman print. There are so many out there. But at the end of the day iam just sad that i can't go.

Luderico

Concerning the Stanley Kubrick comission. If you join, you're not in for the whole series. For every print there is a seperate event in the group. You can decide if you in or not. So no responsibilities on your end.

Top Bottom