• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2007 edition

My crib.

n64.jpg

CastleBravo said:
Blind, what calendar is that hanging on your wall?
It is called, Japanese Woodblocks, The Art of the Floating World, 2007 Calendar
ISBN 1-59868-038-2

I will probably frame some of the prints once I'm done with it.

Lefty42o

Banned
My tv. 32in Phillips lcd flatscreen hdtv 720p, 1080i 32pf5321d/37
IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

My xbox 360 with a gears of war face plate
IMG_0009.jpg

Pic of my datel xsata transfer kit. I use it to back up my 360 hdd every 2 weeks or so.
IMG_0010.jpg

Pic of my racing wheel. Love it Can't wait for forza 2
IMG_0015.jpg

My games. My brother has my Fight night3, Pgr3, and table tennis.
IMG_0011.jpg

Sometimes my wife watches the tv so i play on my Dell monitor with vga cable
IMG_0012.jpg

And my crappy little dell laptop i use to surf the internets
IMG_0014.jpg

ant1532

Banned
How far away should I have my systems from my sub woofer? Here's a pic of my setup from a while ago. I don't think my sub woofer ever effects anything but 2 of my 360s did die out but nothing else. (They are probably just defected units)

subwoofwa1.jpg

besiktas1

Teh Hamburglar said:
I was like "OMG We have a nazi on GAF!"

Never seen that symbol before! :lol
I don't know what's worse him being a nazi or having 2 wii's..... Goddamnit I can't even find 1 :*(

scissorfight said:
The center speaker blocking part of the screen would drive me crazy.

It has recently been moved to the center shelf. But now I find myself not hearing some of the audio from movies? Even when the volume is up to 40. I find myself still trying to make out what they are saying since the decibels are so low from the front and center speakers.

What universal sound configuration should all my surround speakers be at?

Geoff9920

Revelations said:
It has recently been moved to the center shelf. But now I find myself not hearing some of the audio from movies? Even when the volume is up to 40. I find myself still trying to make out what they are saying since the decibels are so low from the front and center speakers.

What universal sound configuration should all my surround speakers be at?
Try something like this to angle the speaker up.

Plus, use a Decibel meter to make sure that each speaker and your sub is @ 75 dB's from the listening position. The analogue meter from Radioshack is a good inexpensive (for a dB meter) choice.

setup.jpg

Actually the PS3 is connected to an SD TV right now, still waiting for my HDMI cables from monoprice. Anyone know if I can output analog audio (with the composite red/white audio cables) when using HDMI to output video for blu-ray movies?

Drewsy

Banned
ant1532 said:
How far away should I have my systems from my sub woofer? Here's a pic of my setup from a while ago. I don't think my sub woofer ever effects anything but 2 of my 360s did die out but nothing else. (They are probably just defected units)

How you have it now is fine. I've seen many setups where the subs are right next to or even on the shelf where their consoles are. Plus, your sub doesn't look like it's that big. If I was you I'd be more worried about someone knocking the 360 over. (mine did)

BTW, how can some of you guys use the same screen for your computer and consoles? It'd drive me crazy, I need some separation between the two, that and a couch.

ant1532

Banned
Drewsy said:
How you have it now is fine. I've seen many setups where the subs are right next to or even on the shelf where their consoles are. Plus, your sub doesn't look like it's that big. If I was you I'd be more worried about someone knocking the 360 over. (mine did)

BTW, how can some of you guys use the same screen for your computer and consoles? It'd drive me crazy, I need some separation between the two, that and a couch.
Yeah my 360 isn't actually even there anymore. It's actually where the pstwo is.

My shit is messy as hell and I need a new media cabinet, but it's too much of a hassle. The 150 lb TV is bad enough, but moving everything? I'll leave it as it is. It's only a few more years.

S5002052.jpg

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
I finally got around to taking picturers of my stuff. I've lived in this apartment for the last four years (come June) and now live in it with my fiancee. It's a very small place that's really meant only for a bachelor. We're moving out later this year into a "fancy" (hah!) two bedroom apartment (where the other bedroom is the gaming/computer hub)... with that said, please excuse the crappy carpet, the crappy AC wall unit, and any other unsightly apartment things.

The living room gets the Wii and the Dreamcast. I own 2 NES's, SNES, 2 DSs, a Gameboy Pocket, Turbo Grafx 16, Saturn, Playstation 1, N64, and Gamecube. The only things plugged up in the house are the Wii, Dreamcast, Saturn, and SNES. Everything else (besides the DSs) are in our closest, so, unfortunately, I can't take a real picture of my collection (including PC games) until we move and have more shelf space to display figurines, boxes, and games.

TVArmoire4.jpg

TVArmoire5.jpg

GamingShelf4.jpg

FrogWall1.jpg

And then there's Frog.

And that's all that's relevant to this thread. Sorry for the crappy picture quailty. Our camera isn't the best.

(Edit: I editted because as someone pointed out, there was a lot of pointlessness to my post before. Condensed for relevant crap.)

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
Oh, and one more picture I forgot. This is the game I'm proudest of actually owning without dropping more than 25$ to pick it up. I bought it when Electronics Boutique (back when it was called that) was liquidating its Saturn stock.

PanzerDragoonSaga.jpg

xTOXNx

Banned
That last picture made up for all the pointless pictures I had to scroll to to see it.

GJ

I remember when I was like 10 and I went to Jumbo Video when they were liquidating......

I went to grab virtua cop 2 w/LightGun and some guy grabbed it right before me. =(

Saturn despite all of its faults was definetly one of my favorite systems.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
scissorfight said:
The center speaker blocking part of the screen would drive me crazy.

Those stickers on the TV would have the same effect for me.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
gamingsetup1bfm0.jpg

Fancy, I know. This picture is abit older and the setup has since been upgraded with additional kool-aid stains. Truly, I live the pimpin' Ikea lifestyle.

Core407

Banned
tedtropy said:
gamingsetup1bfm0.jpg

Fancy, I know. This picture is abit older and the setup has since been upgraded with additional kool-aid stains. Truly, I live the pimpin' Ikea lifestyle.

What happened to the sliding glass door? :lol

jtardiou

Banned
tedtropy said:
gamingsetup1bfm0.jpg

god, EVERYONE HAS IT!

how do u guys get that tv stand? they wont ship online and theres like, no ikeas anywhere :\

tedtropy

Core407 said:
What happened to the sliding glass door? :lol

It grew annoying and encountered...an accident. Nah, it's in my closet going unused. It honestly was a sort of unnecessary aesthetic nuisance and it was only going to encourage the stuff that already runs warm (the audio receiver and most certainly the 360) to overheat.

tedtropy

jtardiou said:
god, EVERYONE HAS IT!

how do u guys get that tv stand? they wont ship online and theres like, no ikeas anywhere :\

I actually bought it in-store at the Houston Ikea probably a good three years ago and it's been moving around with me apartment-to-apartment ever since. It's actually a fairly nice, reasonably sturdy (in terms of Ikea stuff) unit that neatly stores all my crap. I don't think I'd feel comfortable putting anything much heavier than my current TV on it, but it works great as is.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Do you sit on beanbag chairs all the time then? Cause your couch isn't facing the tv.

I like the red. Did you do that? Or do you rent and it was just that way?

karlikk

Truelize said:
Do you sit on beanbag chairs all the time then? Cause your couch isn't facing the tv.

I like the red. Did you do that? Or do you rent and it was just that way?

The couch was there, did everything else myself. I want a smaller couch and a tv table. Anyway, the couch is huge, so i can sleep on it and play being across the screen.

BSS

Rydias said:
Mine is still a museum more than anything, but I've added a few more consoles.
No close up of the Atari stuff.... loss of erection...

So I guess I should show mine. It's an old pic, but not much has changed.
BSSTeleSetup_sm.jpg

Darn TV didn't fit in the cabinet.

Top Bottom