• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(ND Jan 23rd 2013) New Pikmin 3 Screenshots

iLgvd7je0e1Yb.png

HOLY FUCK BALLS!!! o_O

guek

Banned
they just need to fix the goddamn #@*% ground textures

edit: also, I'd like to think this mode is a prototype for Pokemon Snap U.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
i8kiZ4SmfLqYf.png

I've been to parties that were pretty much this.

Takuya

Banned
The textures are all over the place, and I can't help but get irritated at the horrible polygon count on the eyeballs..

AirBrian

they just need to fix the goddamn #@*% ground textures

edit: also, I'd like to think this mode is a prototype for Pokemon Snap U.

I'm assuming this is where the Wii roots are showing?

Other than that, this game looks amazing.

daakusedo

I don't know if it's this particular level, but colors are stronger than previous footage.
It makes me thing of the updated palette of ocarina of time 3ds.

Trevelyan

Banned
I can definitely see this coming out in May. Looks absolutely terrific. So excited to finally play a new Pikmin after almost 10 years.

MarkusRJR

It looks kind of inconsistent. There are some textures that look like Gamecube level and others that look incredible. Either way I'm sort of excited for this game.

Durante

It's amusing how this screenshot almost seems designed to illustrate that the game doesn't use anisotropic texture filtering.

Like "here are 3 polygons with the same texture, at 3 separate angles to the camera. Look how it gets more blurry at a more acute angle!". Like something NV/ATI would have used to before/after advertise AF in the early 00s.

Coolwhip

Banned
It's amusing how this screenshot almost seems designed to illustrate that the game doesn't use anisotropic texture filtering.

Like "here are 3 polygons with the same texture, at 3 separate angles to the camera. Look how it gets more blurry at a more acute angle!". Like something NV/ATI would have used to before/after advertise AF in the early 00s.

It's probably meant to show off the game, not the graphical effects.

Top Bottom