• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Under Siege |OT| Major patch / relaunch released

Corto

0426-1.jpg

Platform: PlayStation®3 system
Publisher: Seed Studios Lda.
Developer: Seed Studios Lda.
Official Site: http://undersiegegame.com/
Release: April 27th, 2011 (EU) / May 3rd, 2011 (NA)
Price: $13.99 / €9.99 / £7.99
Original Soundtrack available on PSN: €2.99 / $3.99

Update 1.02

Oficial Artbook available only in Portugal
capa.png

pages01.jpg

pages02.jpg

pages03.jpg

The comic is in Portuguese but if you still want to have it just to see the art you can order through here -> http://www.mediabooks.com/catalogo/d...o.php?id=54212

(click the image of the preview to read or download the comic)

Under Siege™ has won the following awards:

2011 Exame Infor. best software of 2011
2010 ZON Grand Prize Award
2010 ZON Multimedia Award

GAMEPLAY

CINEMATIC

EDITOR

MISCELLANEOUS

(click the image to download the editor manual)

Lead Programmer Bruno Ribeiro Interview to iWaggle 3D (Fellow Gaffer TTP excellent site)

Producer Filipe Pina presenting Under Siege on the Playstation Blog US

PSU interview with Filipe Pina (part 1)

PSU interview with Filipe Pina (part 2)

iWaggle interview with Bruno Ribeiro explaining improvements and fixes

Corto

kassatsu said:
North America will be the 14th not 12, psn updates on tuesday not sunday :)

Done! I said it was a tentative date... hehehehe

V_Ben said:
Nice OP Corto. Game should get as much attention as possible, it's looking really great :D

Thanks, I am a bit biased on this one as I am also Portuguese... This is my way of wishing them all good luck!

FleckSplat said:
Is the ability art official? If so, "toogles"...

It's from the official site. I snatched the image from there. :D

Galvanise_ said:
I hope more units become available to download. If we don't get to have hub buildings and barracks etc, I'd like more units.

There are some hidden units still on the game official site. Allies and enemies. They are saving some surprises to the game! :D

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I didn't know this game was being developed by fellow lusitanos. Awesome.

Really looking forward to it.

I don't think I've even heard of this game but it looks cool. I'm not crazy about RTS's but the planning stage where you pick your unit sounds neat.

Corto

Neuromancer said:
I don't think I've even heard of this game but it looks cool. I'm not crazy about RTS's but the planning stage where you pick your unit sounds neat.

This game it's on the devs own words more akin to a game like Myth. The emphasis is given to battle and fighting tactics. The units progression/upgrades come from experience gained in battle or training.

There's no resource collecting and base building.

[HP] said:

Congrats! Job well done. :D Can't wait to play it...

Corto

Neuromancer said:
Hey can two people play online and team up against the AI? Or is it every man for himself?

Yes they can. The multiplayer is really hefty in features and modes, you have online and local (split screen) coop.

Corto

Neuromancer said:
Awesome news, thanks.

All right last question. Will there be a demo?

From the official site F.A.Q. page:

Q: Will a demo be available prior to release?
A: Unfortunately that won't be possible because we are focusing on finishing the game.

Corto

I didn't knew that! Well, the amount of content that the game seems to have certainly feels deserving of a Platinum Trophy. :D Will update the OP when confirmed.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
This is the first I've seen of this outside of a few mentions in the Move thread. It looks really good, surprisingly so, and the Move support is a big draw.

There is a gaping hole where RTS should go, so I'll be glad to add this to my collection.

Moobabe said:
Keeping this thread on the front page might help - let's do what we can!

Yeah. It puzzles me why this game hasn't been on the PSblog more or even had more trailers/making of things put on PSN.

Vlodril

Weird this game has gone under the radar for most. I am looking forward to it and i dont really like RTS. Want to see the Move implementation though.

leroidys

The game always looked great (visually), but the art direction has really come together. Looks great! I eagerly await impressions.

EDIT: Also, great job on the OP

Lain

I forgot this was coming out around now.
I'll have to make some time for it once it is actually released. I even updated my PS3.

F-Pina

Sorry guys, 2011 it is.
No firm release date yet, we are dependent on passing QA.
We should release next week a Press Releasing explaining it all etc.

Regardless... Happy Hollidays everyone!
xmas_2010_EN.jpg

Crazetex

I love the look of this game. The interface looks pretty great.

I don't think I've heard of any other RTSs that are devoid of base-building; Total War, maybe?

Corto

HO HO HO We'll get to control a Golem unit?! YES. :lol Happy holidays for you guys, and god speed with QA...

Top Bottom