• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

SxP

The EU delay works out just fine for me personally, now it doesn't release until after my finals. Sucks for everyone else though.

Persona86

Banned
Am I right to assume there have been changes/improvements to this game since the Japanese release? I think I recall reading something like this.

I think it was, yeah. My preorder at Amazon UK has gone down to £56.98 ($91) and that's including expedited shipping and 20% sales tax.

Damn, that's a good prize... Got my pre-order up on amazon.de for 89,99€, free shipping.

£56.98, even with the shipping cost on top would still be much cheaper, but amazon.co.uk is also out of stock as it seems :/

danthefan

I liked the demo, have been craving a game of this style for a while so went ahead and ordered. Only just started Xenoblade though so will have to finish that first.

matmanx1

Does the Wizard Edition ship the same day as the regular version? For some reason I had the 26th floating around in my head as the date for it.

JohngPR

Got the Wizard's Edition (NA Version) preordered, looking forward to it!

I haven't given a JRPG my full attention in quite some time. Should be fun!

Durante

I was unconvinced before trying the demo but now I'm there day one. I would have bought it anyway at some point because of my mission to support dual audio releases though.

I wish PSN had Steam-like preloading.

Jucksalbe

Banned
This will be a long wait until the European release. I guess I have to restrain myself and not read too much in this OT after the US release.

Danj

The EU delay works out just fine for me personally, now it doesn't release until after my finals. Sucks for everyone else though.

Works out great for me too, now it's after payday instead of before, so I can actually afford to eat this month :p

kerrak

This is really sepsy

dd1731ea5d4c5878ef898862801f14f41354551991_full.jpg

Danj

I won't be home when this comes out. :(
I will, however, be at the Ghibli Museum instead. :D

Assuming my days off get approved by my interim boss, I'll be at home when it comes out :D and expedited delivery means I'll get it on release day, too.

The year just started and the Ni No Kuni |OT| is already here!?! I had no idea it was so soon

Makes me wish I didn't spend as much during the steam and amazon holiday sales :(

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Anyone with knowledge of the JP version, are there a lot of side-quests and such in this game? The over-world looks great and hopefully there's a lot of extra stuff to explore. Even "catching" all the familiars sounds fun.

Animekatt

I hope its not to hard to platinum!

I don't think it will be a hard plat at all. I know I plan to get it.

Can the OT maybe have the preorder bonus info in it for people who are on the fence on where to preorder? I honestly think the steelbook from GameStop is the best way to go. This is for the US.

GameStop - Steelbook
Amazon - DLC Griffy Familiar
Best Buy - DLC Flutterby Familiar

Ni no Kuni Strategy guide - DLC Gold Hurley Familiar
And you don't have to preorder the book to get the DLC.

I wish PSN had Steam-like preloading.

It does, it will download the game 3-4 days before release, it sits there teasing you with it's icon, but on clicking it tells you that you cannot play. They debit your card before release too though.

I did this with Sports Champions 2 and it was downloaded about a week before release.

Yaska

EU version delayed? Glad they're bringing it to Europe but those freaking incompetent idiots had more than enough time to get the games to stores >.<. Not liking the delay at all, 'cause I want to play this game so much.

EU version delayed? Glad they're bringing it to Europe but those freaking incompetent idiots had more than enough time to get the games to stores >.<. Not liking the delay at all, 'cause I want to play this game so much.

Yeah, I remember the days, not long ago, when we all wondered if the game would be localized at all in the first place... and not it's coming! Deal with some short delay you ungrateful person.

Yaska

Yeah, I remember the days, not long ago, when we all wondered if the game would be localized at all in the first place... and not it's coming! Deal with some short delay you ungrateful person.

Ofc I'll deal with it, doesn't mean I have to like it :p. I would like to find out more detailed information on what part of the logistics they screwed up tho, or is it just because a certain country/ retail store isn't getting their supply so BN is strongarmed to delay the game for all EU countries.

Persona86

Banned

This is what people said when Persona 4: Arena got delayed 1 week for Europe...and you know what happened with that story haha. ;)

oh crap, i just realised the ccard i used for ordering it is now defunt. I remember that it has been charged the day I preordered it....

So I'm just getting the vanilla edition.

My understanding was that the notebook was to play a pretty critical role in things. How much am I going to be missing out on by not having the notebook that comes with the collector's edition.

ALSO...my daughter likes to play RPGs with me. She reads everything...does the math...etc. She's nearly seven so I have to be super-selective about what we play. (We've played through Costume Quest more times than I can count)

Anyone that has played the japanese version. How scary/inappropriate is the content for a seven year old?

chrono01

oh crap, i just realised the ccard i used for ordering it is now defunt. I remember that it has been charged the day I preordered it....

That was only a temporary charge, it wasn't permanent. They only make the final charge when the item ships.

If the card is indeed no longer valid, I'd suggest calling/emailing them ASAP. I've heard that it is difficult to charge any order information at all, but it can be done. Just be insistent, but don't let them cancel your order. Surprisingly, many of their advice [from what I've read] is to cancel the order and re-order it. Since you can no longer do it through the website, the only work-around is for them to cancel and subsequently re-place your original order so nothing is lost. Maybe suggest that it if comes to it?

Best of luck!

JohngPR

So I'm just getting the vanilla edition.

My understanding was that the notebook was to play a pretty critical role in things. How much am I going to be missing out on by not having the notebook that comes with the collector's edition.

ALSO...my daughter likes to play RPGs with me. She reads everything...does the math...etc. She's nearly seven so I have to be super-selective about what we play. (We've played through Costume Quest more times than I can count)

Anyone that has played the japanese version. How scary/inappropriate is the content for a seven year old?

There's a digital version of the book in game if I'm not mistaken so although the experience might be enhanced having to look stuff up in an actual book, you won't miss out on its content by not getting it.

My son is 10 years old and based on what I saw from the demo, it doesn't seem inappropriate for a 7 year old, although parental preferences my vary. Perhaps DL the demo and see what you think of the content?

Demo suggests this game is perfect for a 7 year old, but I haven't played the full game. (might take time for her to learn)

Thanks man.

We play it together so as far as controls and mechanics go...I'll handle those but if it's not too much, it would be great if she could control everything.

Looking forward to this.

There's a digital version of the book in game if I'm not mistaken so although the experience might be enhanced having to look stuff up in an actual book, you won't miss out on its content by not getting it.

My son is 10 years old and based on what I saw from the demo, it doesn't seem inappropriate for a 7 year old, although parental preferences my vary. Perhaps DL the demo and see what you think of the content?

Thanks for the info. I have the demo downloaded and ready to rock...I just didn't want to spoil anything. I'm pretty positive it's something I will enjoy but I suppose I should be a responsible father and play the demo. ;)

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Regret missing out on the Wizard Edition (that I tried to buy months ago) so much that I'm at the point where I'm thinking about not buying the game at all shrug. And no chance in hell I'm paying the scalper premium.

Top Bottom