• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Bsigg12

Updated the OP with the ID@Xbox stuff, still waiting on a few more game announcements and hopefully this thread will pick up a bit... haha.

Everyone buy Powerstar Golf

Solid update. Hopefully we can start addin nmore games to the list soon. I still have hope in Microsoft announcing some stuff Saturday for some of the early 2014 games that will release from ID@Xbox.

I want State of Decay for Xbox One.

@Steverulez @undeadlabs Any chance of State of Decay coming to Xbox One? Loved it on 360 and would like to play it on XBO if possible.

@undeadlabs @Steverulez Not this game, no - no compatibility, we'd have to redo the whole thing. Would rather put our efforts into the next SoD game ;)

@Steverulez @undeadlabs Excellent! Can't wait to see what you guys are cooking up. Thanks for the reply :)

Twitter

I asked literally after seeing your post Doffen. Wouldn't surprise me if State of Decay 2 and the Class 4 MMO were two different different games but either way they're working on the next one.

Also, doesn't look like Transistor is coming to Xbox One anytime soon even if Supergiant might be part of ID@Xbox (see my post above)

‏@SupergiantGames
@Steverulez We have no plans beyond our PS4 and PC launch. That's our priority and after that we'll see how it goes.

Twitter

Doffen

Nice seeing another game join the list today.

Twitter

I asked literally after seeing your post Doffen. Wouldn't surprise me if State of Decay 2 and the Class 4 MMO were two different different games but either way they're working on the next one.

Damn, well let's hope they drop SoD soon and start working on a Xbox One game.

Satchel

Banned
Will definitely grab Spartan Assault.

After Killer Instinct I'm wondering whether I should get Strider on One or PS4.

pacman85

So Peggle 2 is out today. Anyone get it yet? I will be playing it without reading anything about it when I get home from work tonight!

I actually went ahead and purchased because now I noticed you don't have to use a credit card anymore. You can use the funds in your Microsoft account to buy things. This is the first time I have seen they added the ability to purchase things from your MS account back onto xbox.com. Is this new?

EDIT: Well the "purchase from your MS account" may have always been available on the XBox One games on xbox.com (this is the first time I have tried to so I don't know) but I just tried to buy some XBox 360 content (Rock Band song if you must know) and it defaulted to my credit card and wouldn't let me change to my account. So, still broken for XBox 360 content.

Just double checked, to make sure I wasn't going crazy, and the article I read on X360a was sourched from IGN/AGB. It said "Guacamelee! Super Turbo Champion Edition" was coming to X1/PS4, and that the previous Vita exclusivity on Mutant Blobs Attack was up and that would be coming to Xbox 360 and PS3.

It seems IGN pulled the story though, so maybe it isn't officially announced yet... x360a's story confused me as they are stating it as fact off of IGNs pulled article.

In short: Forget about it being confirmed, haha

Just double checked, to make sure I wasn't going crazy, and the article I read on X360a was sourched from IGN/AGB. It said "Guacamelee! Super Turbo Champion Edition" was coming to X1/PS4, and that the previous Vita exclusivity on Mutant Blobs Attack was up and that would be coming to Xbox 360 and PS3.

It seems IGN pulled the story though, so maybe it isn't officially announced yet... x360a's story confused me as they are stating it as fact off of IGNs pulled article.

In short: Forget about it being confirmed, haha

Sounds like they pulled the trigger on some announcements too early.

MBA coming to PS360 is pretty big news, hope it happens.

Why was the new Xbox One OT closed ?

Also when will max and the brotherhood be available in germany ?

What? Max is not yet available in Germany? It is one of my XOne favorite games. Why don't you just buy it from the US store? You know that Xbox One country region and marketplace is just like Windows 8, right? You can just switch regions in the console and buy stuff from other marketplaces, using your Germany Live account. You will need a way of payment in that region, but you can add currency to your account using a pre-paid code bought in Amazon US (you just have to add a US address to your amazon account, it does not check it when charging your German Credit Card).

Come to me D4 and somehow I missed this thread, subscribed.

Cannot come sooner.

Just to let people know.

If you owned a windows phone and had your live ID attached, MS emailed a redeem code for 20gb SkyDrive storage for one year. Takes you to 27gb storage.

Email was sent around 21st December, only just found this out myself.
Have to redeem the code by 31st January.

Since I have an iPhone I hadn't taken notice of the Windows Phone based emails I had been sent. Handy if you want to use Upload and put some DVR onto SkyDrive.

Don't know if I should share this in the Xbla thread as it's a benefit for live users, may get shouted at for not being on topic.

jbug617

Banned
Is Blow working on something other than The Witness? He tweeted this yesterday

@Jonathan_Blow: I have some interesting work for a contract programmer who can make things happen on PS4 + XB1. Hit me up if interested (and qualified).

I don't think he confirmed The Witness for Xbox One yet. I know he made that tweet about fanboys so maybe it's really coming.

Didn't see it mentioned but in the latest KI update they rotated the free character to Sabrewulf!

Also adjusted how the ranking system works thank god.

abracadaver

What? Max is not yet available in Germany? It is one of my XOne favorite games. Why don't you just buy it from the US store? You know that Xbox One country region and marketplace is just like Windows 8, right? You can just switch regions in the console and buy stuff from other marketplaces, using your Germany Live account. You will need a way of payment in that region, but you can add currency to your account using a pre-paid code bought in Amazon US (you just have to add a US address to your amazon account, it does not check it when charging your German Credit Card).

Cannot come sooner.

I still have 93€ left on my account and I want to use that money. When switching regions I have to buy with credit card. I will just wait

Fuck yes. Its the only reason why i haven't purchased it at the moment. Have a feeling its coming. Also - why was the official X1 launch thread closed? Why hasn't a version 2 been created?

If you read above, I asked the developer on twitter and they flat out said no. Obviously they could just be bluffing but they replied quickly and are usually honest about things. Linkedin profiles mention the class4 MMO as their next project that was part of their plan with Microsoft (MS own the IP) so I would expect that on Xbox One instead. With Dead Rising 3 on XBO as well I could see why they wouldn't consider it necessary to put out SoD on it

HBP

Is there a link to it on the xbox.com games store so I can go ahead and queue up the download while I am at work? I have the hardest time finding demos on this new .com store.

I wish there was an easy way to see all demos.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I wish there was an easy way to see all demos.

There's a couple of them.

On the main scrollable screen, there's a tab for "New game demos". If you click the little box under it (looks like [ ... ] ), it'll bring up all the demos in a list.

Call up Bing Search, and say "New Game Demos", or type it in. That'll bring them up, as well. Searching for "Demos" in general works pretty quickly and easily.

The newest items are always on the top of a section stack.

Edit: Ahh, I guess you mean on Xbox.com, not on the system itself. Yeah, the online store could use a lot of work. It's pretty barebones so far. They also need to get Xbox Live Rewards working with XB1 purchases and such, it says it's suppose to right in the program description...

The Flash

Banned
Is there a definitive list of games that are eventually coming to Xbox One after their PS4 release? Also, any new tidbits from famousmortimer or anyone else in the know?

Capy - Onward to 2014 blog post

So what does 2014 have in store? Well, we’re getting closer and closer to releasing Super Time Force, which we’re incredibly excited about. We also have some big, exciting new about Below and some (perhaps unexpected) news about other things… 2014 will be the the first year conference goers will get to sit down and play Below, the year we release Super Time Force, and hopefully for us, and for you all, a year filled with good luck, prosperity and love.

Below screenshots (I don't think they're all new but OXM have said they are...)

image_38250_620.jpg

image_38252_fit_940.jpg
image_38253_fit_940.jpg

image_38251_fit_940.jpg
image_38249_fit_940.jpg

image_38248_fit_940.jpg
image_38247_fit_940.jpg

image_38246_fit_940.jpg
image_38245_fit_940.jpg

I can't wait for Below or Super Time Force personally. STF sounds like its coming soon, hopefully about March, i'd expect Below to come out much later in the year

Got my first set of glitched achievements today, Max: The Curse of Brotherhood.
I collected all eyes and amulet pieces didn't get anything.

I now can't replay any of the levels to fix it as it shows me as having collected them all, they aren't there anymore. So my only solution is more than likely, replay the entire game.

Which I won't do, maybe next year when I'm bored. Few moments in that game got my blood up.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Well, that's a first. Powerstar Golf is on Sale for 5 dollars off on XB1. Advertised on the website, showing up on the system as "$19.99 $14.99"

Don't see a mention of why it's on sale anywhere else, and don't see anything else on sale personally.

pacman85

Well, that's a first. Powerstar Golf is on Sale for 5 dollars off on XB1. Advertised on the website, showing up on the system as "$19.99 $14.99"

Don't see a mention of why it's on sale anywhere else, and don't see anything else on sale personally.
Hmm I may have to pick this up. I have read good things about this game. Then again, if it is already on sale for $5 off will it be half off ($10) in a few more months?

TheZjman

Banned
Is it just me or is the Store
and the whole freaking OS at that
just awfully laid out?

Really struggle to find my way around things.

Anyway, is Halo:SA as bad as it is being made out to be?

Hmm I may have to pick this up. I have read good things about this game. Then again, if it is already on sale for $5 off will it be half off ($10) in a few more months?

It's a very solid game. Fun to pick up for a few minutes and then put down if you're time crunched. If you've enjoyed other arcade golf games like Hot Shots and even Mario Golf back in the day, then you'll love this. Definitely worth the $15 IMO.

just awfully laid out?

Anyway, is Halo:SA as bad as it is being made out to be?

The missions are pretty enjoyable, albeit very short. Most missions can be done in less than 5 minutes or around 5 minutes, and there are 6 level sets with 5 missions in each. So, you're probably looking at about less than 3 hours of content in there. Now, with that being said, there is plenty of replayability if 100%'ing the game is your concern, as you can replay missions to get any "Gold" star rankings that you missed (I missed a lot). There is also co-op mode to go through which I have yet to try.

MS did add challenges though for going through each mission set with certain skulls active, which make you play differently, and much more conservatively/strategically and make things a bit more interesting (although a lot of these have expired by now).

All in all, I paid the $5 charge since I had previously bought it on Win8 and I love the artstyle of the game, love the twin shooter aspect, and I find most missions to be fairly enjoyable. It just depends if you find what I said worth $15, as I can certainly say $5 is a great price to get it at, but a $10 sale might be more up some people's alley.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!

£11.99 in uk, very tempted.

Giggzy

just awfully laid out?

Do you use voice commands? I agree that the layout isn't the best and parts of the UI are clunky but with voice commands I never have trouble looking for what I want to do. The more I use my XB1, the more I like the OS. Once they refine it over the next couple patches I think it'll be a great OS.

Top Bottom