• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Brothers suspends [new] purchases for PC version of Batman Arkham Knight

https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Su...C-Version-of-Arkham-Knight/m-p/575332#U575332

Dear Batman: Arkham Knight PC owners,

We want to apologize to those of you who are experiencing performance issues with Batman: Arkham Knight on PC. We take these issues very seriously and have therefore decided to suspend future game sales of the PC version while we work to address these issues to satisfy our quality standards. We greatly value our customers and know that while there are a significant amount of players who are enjoying the game on PC, we want to do whatever we can to make the experience better for PC players overall.

Thank you to those players who have already given valuable feedback. We are continuously monitoring all threads posted in the Official Batman: Arkham Knight Community and Steam forums, as well as any issues logged with our Customer Support (support.wbgames.com). If you purchased your copy of the game and are not satisfied with your experience, then we ask for your patience while these issues are resolved. If desired, you can request a refund at help.steampowered.com (Steam refund policies can be found here: http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds) or the retail location where you purchased the game.

The Batman: Arkham fans have continually supported the franchise to its current height of success, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work to deliver an updated version of Batman: Arkham Knight on PC so you can all enjoy the final chapter of the Batman: Arkham series as it was meant to be played.

Be nice, folks. At least they are acknowledging things and doing something about it. Props to them.

---------------------------------
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...batman-arkham-knight-pc-sales#ftag=YHF6738a5f

UPDATE 25TH JUNE 12.00PM: Graphics card maker Nvidia is being rather nice and working with Warner to resolve Batman: Arkham Knight issues on PC.

"We are working with WB Games and the development teams to address the performance issues of the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight," a spokesperson told us. "We have made our QA and engineering resources available and will provide updates when they are available."

These are not Nvidia graphics card-specific issues, the spokesperson added, but PC-specific issues.

UPDATE 25TH JUNE 11.30AM: GAME employees have confirmed to Eurogamer that the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight is now being pulled from shop shelves.

We enquired whether we could still buy a copy of the game even in full knowledge that the game had bugs, and was told that the chain had last night been ordered by publisher Warner Bros. to immediately stop selling PC copies.

"We have the stock," one GAME employee said, "but I'm not allowed to sell it to you".

Kinthalis

Banned
WOW.

That's some unexpected shit, right there.

I think this is good. It means theya re takign this very seriously. It means we might yet see a decent PC version. Hopefully soon.

Still pissed, but this is a good move, IMHO.

_woLf

When a publisher steps in like that, everyone on the development side is completely toast.

May they rest in peace.

jett

D-Member
9c46021d.jpg

More like a pre-alpha in this game's case though.

Mordeccai

I literally said holy shit out loud.

well, at least this is a sign that *something* is being done, damn, it sure is something. For this I am grateful. Dare I be optimistic and hope for some sort of fix by the beginning of next week?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Jesus christ, I just found out about this today. Wtf WB and Iron Galaxy.

This the worst PC port in a VERY long time. Hell I think this takes the crown for the worst port ever.

Should have delayed the port from being released in the first place.

Well, it's a little late to save face, but I'm glad they're working on it.

They should have just bit the bullet and delayed it.

SlickVic

Still looks you can buy it on Steam (unless it stops you right before you finish checkout) so maybe not in effect yet?

What an embarrassment.

For Warner Bros, for Rocksteady, for Batman, for PC gaming. For everyone involved. All because someone up top couldn't give two shits about delivering a quality product to customers.

Amir0x

Banned
I have no idea why these people couldn't have seen how obviously terrible this PC port was. How the fuck could they be so obtuse as to actually release the damn thing?

Top Bottom