• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

TheGOHN said:
I meant the adds not the game.:D

I realized that a couple minutes after I posted but decided to leave my comment the way it was.
emot-v.gif

Uncle AJ

I have a great one in mind, but I'm too stew-pid to figure out layering in GIMP. :/

It'd be great if this Audio/Video course I'm taking at the university right now came with a complimentary copy of Photoshop!

TheGOHN

Mo the Hawk said:
I have a great one in mind, but I'm too stew-pid to figure out layering in GIMP. :/

It'd be great if this Audio/Video course I'm taking at the university right now came with a complimentary copy of Photoshop!

I've used Photoshop but I prefer Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 and its cheaper.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Nice job seven. I'm a little sad that the turn out seem to be dwindling though. I dont want this topic to die

Vinci

Danish
HK-47 said:
I'm a little sad that the turn out seem to be dwindling though. I dont want this topic to die

Go figure: We finally get an awesome thread and it's slowing down. Meanwhile far less impressive ones coast along for over 100 pages on nothing but hype and fanboy hysteria.

Vinci

Danish
My only issue, GOHN, is that I can't see the screens very clearly - and I think they're sort of worthless as they are to the impact of the ad.

TheGOHN

Vinci said:
My only issue, GOHN, is that I can't see the screens very clearly - and I think they're sort of worthless as they are to the impact of the ad.

I was worried about that, I'll try to fix it

EDIT: But not tonight. :D

HK-47 said:
Nice job seven. I'm a little sad that the turn out seem to be dwindling though. I dont want this topic to die
Yeah. I really enjoy watching everyone make better shit than me. Seriously hope the turnout grows over the next day or two.

Vinci said:
Go figure: We finally get an awesome thread and it's slowing down. Meanwhile far less impressive ones coast along for over 100 pages on nothing but hype and fanboy hysteria.

I think it really depends on the game chosen. TF2 has been out for ages, Persona 4 is super-niche. I think those are our least popular games as far as turnout goes. I think the thread does better with games that connect with people who don't even necessarily play the game (Mirror's Edge, for example, or MadWorld). And I think the ones with large nostalgic appeal and with a huge crossover audience will do well. Megaman 9 did well and I expect good things from SF IV as well, especially since it's an upcoming title.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I think this game doesnt inspire much...
I mean, I'm not skilled enough to participate, but I can't even think of anything interesting for this game.
I guess where there is a challenge there is creativity, but I can see why people seem to be slowing down.

that said, it started with team fortress...

KEEP IT COMING! I LIKE TO WATCH!!

e5o950.png

Yes, I mixed up Shoryuken and Hadouken. I'm a noob. Forgive me that one. Mistakes happen, things break. If I wasn't heading off to work ten minutes after I started thinking up clues, it would have been better. I guess I could remake this ad, but I won't. :p

Vinci

Danish
Staccat0 said:
I think this game doesnt inspire much...
I mean, I'm not skilled enough to participate, but I can't even think of anything interesting for this game.
I guess where there is a challenge there is creativity, but I can see why people seem to be slowing down.

Despite the vitriol over the game, Wii Music actually would have made an interesting choice; I'd be curious to see what people could have come up with it. I think Street Fighter IV is a bit ... limiting. In fact, I think most fighting games would be.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Im spoiling some of the OT SF IV stuff, but I think Haunts will forgive me, couldn't help myself :D

ad_gouken.jpg

AniHawk

timetokill said:
I think it really depends on the game chosen. TF2 has been out for ages, Persona 4 is super-niche. I think those are our least popular games as far as turnout goes. I think the thread does better with games that connect with people who don't even necessarily play the game (Mirror's Edge, for example, or MadWorld). And I think the ones with large nostalgic appeal and with a huge crossover audience will do well. Megaman 9 did well and I expect good things from SF IV as well, especially since it's an upcoming title.

Actually, Braid and Mirror's Edge did worse than P4. Turnout so far has gone this way: MM9 > MadWorld > P4 > ME > Braid > TF2

Kritz

Banned
Totally bummed that after the awesome madworld, megaman, braid, etc posters, nobody gave a shit about Team Fortress 2.

:(

Kritz said:
Totally bummed that after the awesome madworld, megaman, braid, etc posters, nobody gave a shit about Team Fortress 2.

:(
I gave a shit. Just didn't have the time (or the skill) to completely finish an idea.

I think the issue with TF2 was the art style.

I mean, look at Mirror's Edge. It lent itself well to your talents.

And we're already off to a good start with the SF4 crowd. If I could, I'd do a poster of Fei Long in differing stances and with the inky strokes. It'd have the tag line: "There's a reason it's called a fighting art."

And do variations of the theme. Ryu's could be "Sometimes the simplest arts are the best ones."

Ken - "Some like it simple, but it's better to go out fighting in style."

E.Honda - "Who said art had to be dainty and graceful?"

Ect.

Sciz

The biggest problem with TF2 was probably the lack of readily available official art (and by extension, the general lack of official art).

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I really hate the SF4 art. Reminds me of the most disturbing captain america art ever:

16745fo.jpg

And I actually had lots of ideas for TF2. I wanted to do another, but I worked late the days it was going on so I only had the time between work and bed to put stuff up.
So I had to give up on my Spy Vs Spy parody.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Regulus Tera said:
Number 3 is wrong:
Shoryuken is Ryu's Dragon Punch cry, not his Fireball

I'm stumped on 4, 5, 6 and 11. :(

4 is
MortalKombat
the rest I don't know either. :)

Regulus Tera said:
Number 3 is wrong:
Shoryuken is Ryu's Dragon Punch cry, not his Fireball

I'm stumped on 4, 5, 6 and 11. :(

Ah sorry, I'm actually really noobish with Street Fighter. I was close :p

Anyways, the answers should be mostly pretty easy.

If all else fails, think of the ad as a concept rather than really trying to fill it in :p

I made this a while back, based on the official Capcom advertising campaign. Don't take it seriously.

5q8mw6

I really wish I wasn't so busy these days because I'd really like to contribute to this thread. :(

Top Bottom