• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura reminds all S-E fans not to forget Lightning

duckroll

djcSm.jpg

As an early Christmas gift to die hard Square Enix fans, the company sent out a special art plate to all Japanese S-E Members who have Ultimate status on their accounts. The art plate is an original illustration of Lightning from FFXIII, with a special message signed by Tetsuya Nomura.

http://photozou.jp/photo/show/325442/60477924
http://ameblo.jp/lightning13/image-10736053141-10918242704.html

z9Fez.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
... Why can't Square do that for hardcore S-E fans (haha, is there any of those left?) in the US? I want an art cell of Aya Brea. :(

Troll comment time:
LOL WHO WANTS TO REMEMBER FFXIII AMIRITE?

Just out of curiosity, what does this mean?

They bought a lot of Square-Mediocre games this year.

duckroll

TTG said:
Just out of curiosity, what does this mean?

I'm not entirely sure but I think it has to do with registering S-E games on your account, getting points, participating in community stuff, etc. The S-E Members site is a full blown social community site.

Elios83

Mr_Brit said:
He's probably just reminding people that she's in Dissidia 2.

Yup I know I was just joking and it's better that way... the idea of FFXIII-2 with Lightning enjoying a new life on Pulse cooking for Snow and Serah in their house..........brrrrr it's frightning :lol

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So FF XIII-2 announcement at the SE 1st Production Department Premiere Event ?

duckroll

Shadow780 said:
That's pretty cool, signed personally or printed copy?

(keeping eyes on YAJ :lol )

I think it's probably printed, but it's still a limited item, so that shouldn't really matter that much.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Do we need to say a eulogy for Lightning/FFXIII?

duckroll

I have to say, I'm enjoying badcrumble's slow meltdown quite a bit. It's going to be slow burn for him all the way to January. Poor guy.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
tbh, the drawing is nice compared to Amano's version of Lightning. :/

duckroll said:
I have to say, I'm enjoying badcrumble's slow meltdown quite a bit. It's going to be slow burn for him all the way to January. Poor guy.
Meltdown? Pff. I've already cycled through anger, grief and denial to grudging acceptance that I'm a whore and will buy it because it has the words Final Fantasy on it.

7Th

Lightning is cool because she is voiced by Maaya Sakamoto. I hope Maaya Sakamoto voices Stella as well. Maybe even Noctis, too.

ULTROS!

badcrumble said:
Meltdown? Pff. I've already cycled through anger, grief and denial to grudging acceptance that I'm a whore and will buy it because it has the words Final Fantasy on it.

You bought Dirge of Cerberus?

Pooya

badcrumble said:
A TERRIBLE THOUGHT: if FFXIII-2 gets announced at the January event it'll probably come out before Versus

they said they want a game out every two year, yeah ;) .
XIII-2 do want.

Grisby

I liked Lightning as well. Its just too bad she got saddled with a disappointing game and one of the worst lines of the story.

I loved that her voice actress was Ali Hillis who was Liara in Mass Effect.

ULTROS!

Android18a said:
The LVF (Lightning, Vanille, Fang) travel the world singing catchy pop songs? I'm in. :p

Nah. Snow, Hope, and Sazh do a rock tour around Cocoon.

Eliciel

I don't get the message? Does that mean that she will play an extremely important role even in future games?...

Top Bottom