• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Classics HD: Ratchet and Clank Trilogy

Berordn

Why do you say that? Ratchet & Clank was easily as tailored to the PS2 as the Jak series and Insomniac and Naughty Dog shared technology back and forth in that era. There's a reason why there were billboards with Ratchet and Clank in Jak 2.

IIRC (and it's very likely I'm not), most of the issue in porting came from J&D constantly streaming with the PS1 co-processor in the PS2, which made it difficult to replicate on other hardware, at least in the case of a port. But I could be mixing all this up. Hopefully they do a good job.

GQman2121

Banned
This sounds like a great collection for fans of the series!!!

Jack and Daxter HD - check
MGS 2-3-PW HD - check
Devil may cry HD - Check
Sly cooper 1-2-3 HD - Check
Silent hill 2-3 HD - Check
Ratchet 1-2-3 HD - Check
Team Ico HD - Check
FF X HD - check
FF XII HD - Pending
Kingdom Hearts 1-2-COM - Pending
Onimusha 1-2-3-DoD - Pending
REmake & Zero HD - Pending
Xenosaga 1-2-3 HD - Pending
Suikoden 3-4-5 HD - Pending

we are almost there,

Socom & Socom II HD with 4 player online co-op; 16 player competitive - Pending

:(

Endo Punk

Did you ever watch the official preview for the Jak & Daxter Collection? Apparently those titles were a coder's nightmare, especially for a team other than the original developers--maybe you should just be glad the collection was ever released.

Yes Im aware and have seen the video.

xxczx

MGS 2-3-PW HD - check
Devil may cry HD - Check
Ratchet 1-2-3 HD - Check
Team Ico HD - Check
FF X HD - check
FF XII HD - Pending

we are almost there,
but i dont want to buy a Wii U for Xenosaga.

TriGen

MGS 2-3-PW HD - check
Devil may cry HD - Check
Ratchet 1-2-3 HD - Check
Team Ico HD - Check
FF X HD - check
FF XII HD - Pending

we are almost there,

I will lose it when the KH collection shows up.

Globox_82

Banned
it's going to be busy summer. I still have to buy and play so many HD "classics". Including this, Jak, MGS, Sillent Hill...I am forgetting a couple of them

Endo Punk

Right now only ZOE collection Im certain about, maybe with Ratchet depending if it's a good conversion with nothing missing. But what worries me is the release date, it's too soon. I get the feeling not much time went into it. Team ICO collection took over a year from it's initial announcement and was a magnificent release. So how can Idol Minds do 3 games plus MP in a seemingly short dev time?

xxczx

Right now only ZOE collection Im certain about, maybe with Ratchet depending if it's a good conversion with nothing missing. But what worries me is the release date, it's too soon. I get the feeling not much time went into it. Team ICO collection took over a year from it's initial announcement and was a magnificent release. So how can Idol Minds do 3 games plus MP in a seemingly short dev time?
Well we don't know how long it's been developing for or even who the developer is, I don't think it'll be that short.

I wish more devs would announce their games closer to the actual release date, Square Enix.

krae_man

PPIBp.gif

Can't wait to play them again.

Tagg9

Never played R&C3, and absolutely loved the first two. This absolutely would have been my next pick for an HD collection.

SykoTech

What's with that boxart? It's using stuff from Tools of Destruction and All 4 One, not the PS2 games.

Whatever, Ratchet & Clank is awesome. I found it easy to ignore the other HD Collections since my PS2 is still fine, but I might double-dip for R&C. Once it drops to $20 that is. Anyone who hasn't played the original games to death like I have should buy it in a heartbeat though.

GeoramA

Fuck yes. I'm gonna play UYA first since I never bothered with it on PS2.

And I'd love to play these on Vita if possible.

ismaboof

Accessed the Insomniac Museum in UYA through hard work. Looking forward to that platinum.

Get a plat in all three games and see the super secret reveal trailer for
Tools of Destruction from '07

Roubjon

I remember beating Ratchet & Clank 2 and 3 100% at least 3 times each. I loved them so much. I don't know if I'll pick this up though, as I'm pretty sure I won't like them like I used to. Not to mention I still own them for ps2.

Gameboy415

I enjoyed the hell out of these games but I played them fairly recently (2006-7ish), so I'm undecided about picking this up just yet.

I wonder if they'll eventually do a second HD collection with Deadlocked and ports of the PSP games?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
quickly:

more info coming officially soon. I will have some comments then. One early tidbit, EU is getting this a bit before North America.

Decado

I can't recall when the 3rd person shooter style control set-up was introduced, but will buy if first two games have that. Pass, otherwise.

MrPliskin

Banned
Insomniac: "Hey guys today's the big day to reveal our new HD collection we've been working so hard on, coming out on May 15!"

Blizzard: "HEY EVERYBODY DIABLO III COMES OUT ON MAY 15."

Insomniac: *cries*

Insomniac isn't doing this, nor will they make any money off it.

Edit: Mind blown, they are. World turned upside down.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Insomniac isn't doing this, nor will they make any money off it.

not true. We gave them all the assets, provided help when asked (mainly questions about bugs, and some of the other dark voodoo things pulled off with the PS2), and a key ex-Insomniac/Insomniac contractor worked on it from the engine/core tech level.

Also, we do make money on it, you can't just re-release our games and not pay us! ;-)

Sagitario

Will get! Always wanted to try these games.

HD collections I got:
MGS 2+3+5
Ico+SotC
PoP
GoW 1+2
GoW CoO+GoS
Tomb Raider

Will get for sure in the future:
Jack and Daxter
Sly Cooper
Ratchet and Clanck
Devil May Cry

I'll probably pick this up solely for the Captain Qwark arcade game in UYA.
These games are so much better than the PS3 entries. Probably worth the replay on their own, but will definitely be okay with another 3 platinums. ^_^

So R&C1-3 will have trophies but ToD and Q4B won't. lol.

Just like with MGS4.

Edit: So they're pretending Deadlocked never existed?

Edit 2: Well I guess they did the same with Jak X. But Deadlocked wasn't *that* big of a departure from the other R&Cs.

Jigsaw

Banned
I wonder if they'll eventually do a second HD collection with Deadlocked and ports of the PSP games?

of course they will,the psp games were ported to ps2 already and they will get probably more money this way than releasing them on psn as ps2 classics

i haven't even finished the sly collection yet,let alone buying the j&d collection,and in a few weeks this will come out,aaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Derrick01

Banned
So R&C1-3 will have trophies but ToD and Q4B won't. lol.

Just like with MGS4.

Edit: So they're pretending Deadlocked never existed?

Edit 2: Well I guess they did the same with Jak X. But Deadlocked wasn't *that* big of a departure from the other R&Cs.

There hasn't been a HD collection that's had 4 games yet. If they put Deadlocked in one it'll be another set with the 2 psp games.

Top Bottom