• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do ghosts sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just blew my mind.

And now I'm not going to be able to fall asleep because I'm going to imagine ghosts sleeping around me.

White Man

They like, only appears at certain times of the day, so I'd imagine they do a lot of sleeping in their downtime. Crossing the spheres is probably pretty tiring work.

Not to blow your bubble or anything but... ghosts don't actually exist. Neither does Santa Claus. Nor the tooth fairy.

Sorry. :/

White Man

EGM92 said:
No, ever heard of the term "restless souls"? there's your answer

/thread

No the "restless" in "restless souls" is referring to them not getting their eternal rest, like being Kennedy dead. That don't got anything to do with sleeping.

bjork

Well I was just thinking like, suppose there is an afterlife, but you don't sleep because you don't get tired... because you don't need to eat, etc. What if ghosts don't have the ability to sleep, like those Nam vets on X-Files? If you went to heaven and they said you can't sleep but your idea of heaven is taking naps, what the ****, you know?

EGM92

White Man said:
No the "restless" in "restless souls" is referring to them not getting their eternal rest, like being Kennedy dead. That don't got anything to do with sleeping.

...or does it???? It depends on how you interpret the phrase.

If the Spirits from Bleach and Shaman King are of any indication then yes They DO sleep when they get tired or Koed.

*hears someone whisper something from off stage* What! What do you mean that works of fiction can't prove weither or not ghosts sleep in real life let alone wither they actually excist or not.!!!

*clears throat* Ahem. Anyhow I'd say it depends on the ghost in question.

White Man

bjork said:
Well I was just thinking like, suppose there is an afterlife, but you don't sleep because you don't get tired... because you don't need to eat, etc. What if ghosts don't have the ability to sleep, like those Nam vets on X-Files? If you went to heaven and they said you can't sleep but your idea of heaven is taking naps, what the ****, you know?

I'd be goddamned pissed and I'd hate god and jesus more than I already do. There's nothing I like more than sleepin' in.

EGM92 said:
...or does it???? It depends on how you interpret the phrase.

What if it means "restless" as in "The Young and the Restless?" Does that mean ghosts are slutty horndog skanks?

EGM92

White Man said:
I'd be goddamned pissed and I'd hate god and jesus more than I already do. There's nothing I like more than sleepin' in.

Waht if it means "restless" as in "The Young and the Restless?" Does that mean ghosts are slutty horndog skanks?

Restless in that title doesn't mean they're all slutty horndogs skanks, ghosts have standards too, you know? They won't just screw Brenda because Miguel is sleeps with Sofia's dead step sister that was brought back to life....

I don't know where I was going with that...

Tamanon

Banned
Um, of course they masturbate. You think those are actually cobwebs you feel on your face every now and again?

Christopher

BlackMage said:
the real question is: do ghosts masterbate? I mean, what's the point in being a ghost if you can't?

To have sex with the living, see my first post in this thread for a insightful comment on this theory.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
I seen a ghost with my father and brother. We were walking across town to the library and always passed through the cemetery near the old museum so I stopped to take a piss and on a grave stone then some ghost women appeared for a few seconds and disappeared.

It looked a little like this.

26524_w.jpg

Christopher

MrToughPants said:
I seen a ghost with my father and brother. We were walking across town to the and always passed through the cemetery near the old museum so I stopped to take a piss and on a grave stone then some ghost women appeared for a few seconds and disappeared.

It looked a little like this.

26524_w.jpg

Why would a ghost look like a human being...wouldn't a ghost have a formless entity?

Ichirou

Banned
White Man said:

Well, they might not need to sleep because sleep is a corporeal need, and souls don't have those...they don't need to eat, either.

But, I imagine they might sleep anyway, just out of habit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom