• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legacy Collection 2 |OT| For heaven's sake, please don't mention the Switch!

KingBroly

Banned
Sorry, should have mentioned I'm playing the Steam version on PC.

There's a ton of input lag with vsync on, tearing with it off, and the game doesn't handle 144hz monitors at all (it wigs out and chooses random refresh rates). On a lot of setups the game just black screens and won't even start.

They abandoned it from the word go. They didn't even fix the 3DS version.

Disney Afternoon Collection wasn't that good, either.

I might pick this up if the game doesn't require patches unlike the previous collection. Do we have any word on how the game performs?

me0wish

MMLC1 was terribly blurry on my 2k screen, I'd really appriciate it if someone can tell me if this scales good.

I wasn't going to get this had it not been for that Prime Day glitch where it came up to $5.25.

Really would have liked it on the you-know-what but I'll settle for PS4 at that price.

I can't wait to play this. I enjoyed the first collection on PC. Mega Man 7 is the first classic-series game I really enjoyed when I first played it about 17 years ago. I did play it again not too long ago, so I guess I'll be playing again.
I tried 8 before and I hated it, so hopefully I can actually get through the game this time.

robot

No Electrical Communication is a real bummer.

Mega Man 9 is a top 3 in the series for sure (right behind 3 & 2) so make sure you don't sleep on it. Unfortunately I didn't like 7 at all, especially that last boss. But it has a hidden Ghosts and Goblins track, so that's cool!

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Trying to decide between PC and PS4. Which are you guys going with? I'm hoping it doesn't look too bad on a 55 inch display if I go PS4.

120v

Finally, mega man 9 on steam...

not particularly how I wanted it to happen (not a fan OG mega man post 8-bit) but I'll take what I can get

Opa-Pa

Do we know anything about the review embargo? I mean worst scenario reviews should be up tomorrow, right?

Normally these would be day 1 purchases no questions asked, but Capcom isn't particularly trustworthy when it comes to assuring the quality is there with these efforts, Digital Eclipse's works aside. And I can totally see MM8 in particular having multiple issues.

SephLuis

Do we know anything about the review embargo? I mean worst scenario reviews should be up tomorrow, right?

Normally these would be day 1 purchases no questions asked, but Capcom isn't particularly trustworthy when it comes to assuring the quality is there with these efforts, Digital Eclipse's works aside. And I can totally see MM8 in particular having multiple issues.

I am playing MM8 and no issues so far. Though consider that I am a first time player of these games, so I wouldn't notice unless it was very drastic issues.

jacobeid

Banned
Did anyone buy a physical copy of this? I'm curious if it comes with stickers like the first one did, but I assume no given the $20 price tag.

Opa-Pa

I am playing MM8 and no issues so far. Though consider that I am a first time player of these games, so I wouldn't notice unless it was very drastic issues.

That's very reassuring, actually. I'm less concerned about minor issues only fans would notice and more with whether the game is playable or not, and from what you say it sounds like a yes. So yeah thanks for sharing!

RockmanBN

Mega Man 8 and 10 are my favorites in this collection. Anyone know if the Theme has music or special sound effects on it? If so I would want to get this digitally before tomorrow.

Murrah

Banned
Can't wait to get home from work and play 9 tomorrow; probably top 10 games of all time for me. Kinda lame there aren't more trophies attached, especially with how fun some of the in game achievements are, but I wasn't expecting it. Just being able to play 9 with a dual shock 4 is gonna be worth the price of admission alone

Can't wait to get home from work and play 9 tomorrow; probably top 10 games of all time for me. Kinda lame there aren't more trophies attached, especially with how fun some of the in game achievements are, but I wasn't expecting it. Just being able to play 9 with a dual shock 4 is gonna be worth the price of admission alone

Yeah, Mega Man 9 is an incredible game and I'd argue it's the best entry in the entire series.

Nabs

Mega Man 9 is such a great game. I love the Time Attack Mode because it does a great job of showing how great the skills work together. I'll definitely have to pick it up down the line.

I really have to wonder why they would do this in-house when the first collection was so acclaimed for its accuracy and museum-quality representation of the games.

Sorry fellas, but the MM8 stage select has been fixed. Again, my mistake. I was in a rush to do this OT. I've been super busy with work (For reference, setting up the MMLC OT took about a week and a half - this I did in less than 24 hours)

For pc peeps
Gamesplanet had the game for under $15 for a limited time only
https://uk.gamesplanet.com/game/mega-man-legacy-collection-2-steam-key--3329-1
Not sure if key is region locked tho :x

Does anyone know if this place is region locked? I have my ps4 and xbox copies down, but I could use a cheap steam key. Thanks in advance

How do you even begin to justify printing this on a PS4 blu ray? These games don't even eat up a fraction of the space.

Give me ALL of the classic mega man games on one disc and then we'll talk.

Excited to get this in the mail tomorrow as a result of the Amazon Pre-Prime Day glitch. It ended up being $5.32, so now I've gotta go track down a cheap physical PS4 copy of the first collection.

Excited to get this in the mail tomorrow as a result of the Amazon Pre-Prime Day glitch. It ended up being $5.32, so now I've gotta go track down a cheap physical PS4 copy of the first collection.
Wal-mart had it for sale earlier today for 10 bucks and free store pick up. I think it went pretty quickly :(

To stay with tradition, I will be buying this physically on PS4 and digitally on XB1.

I had a $5 Best Buy reward, so disc ended up only being $10.99. And I'm very close to having enough Bing points for $10 in XBL money, so it will basically be two for the price of one!

Sciz

I really have to wonder why they would do this in-house when the first collection was so acclaimed for its accuracy and museum-quality representation of the games.

Because two of the games are straight code ports and Digital Eclipse's tech doesn't seem to support the other two platforms yet.

StarPhlox

I have played through 1-6 so so many times and 7-10 so so few times (maybe once or twice each?) so I'm absolutely thrilled about this collection.

Hopefully X gets the same treatment in a year or so. This was crafted so lovingly it makes me a little sad to see what's happened to this franchise and all of its spin-offs.

Purchasing so Capcom knows we want Legacy Collections of all Megaman Games (Played Megaman Zero Collection for DS today still beats my ass)

Hey MegaGAF - anyone have any content, mechanical, or other non-reviewish questions about MMLC 2? The review embargo doesn't lift until midnight but I can stream and talk about it in a general sense the day before then (so, today... right now).

If you have any questions, fire away and I'll do my best to answer!

I sometimes wonder this myself... and no, I don't think so. Really makes me wonder what it ever was... if it was ever anything. :p

SCReuter

Regarding MM8, it's not just the pre-stage loading screens that have been removed; post-stage loads are now gone as well. Game's gonna feel quite a bit breezier.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Got my Asian retail copy!

Hesh

No Mega Man & Bass GBA port/remaster and no Saturn Mega Man 8 kills the deal for me. I already have 9 & 10 on both PS3 and 360 and the old PS2 Mega Man collection so I'm pretty bummed out that this release does nothing for me.

Top Bottom