• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic to ship into 2018. More NES Classic will release in 2018.

Clear proof that Nintendo engaged in artificial scarcity. Make your product hard to find during the lull of the holiday season, then release more a year and a half later during the wild-and-crazy summer shopping season! Wake up, sheeple!

faint.

Thank fuck. I have an SNES Classic on pre-order but I was considering trying to cop a second in hopes that someone would trade an NES Classic for one. It's sad that I had to even consider this as an option.

PSFan

All those SNES scalpers with multiple pre-orders... the return hassle with no profit is delicious.

What about the ones with NES Classics? The return window has long closed on them.

Not yet. It says next summer.

Yeah but, scalpers can't return NES Classics now. They will probably start dropping their prices now at least, because they will be stuck with them now if they can't move them.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Anyone else see this as a huge confirmation that the switch is going to be impossible to find this Christmas?

*Raises hand*

With Reggie's comments the other day, the component bottlenecks are going to make this holiday a huge missed opportunity.

I'm sure people will read into this too much and think it means Nintendo will pump out millions upon millions of these. Shipping "into 2018" could just mean through Q1 and only 500K more units.

I knew the NES Classic would come back. Too easy of an opportunity to garner attention. I'm definitely going to get one this time around.

Sulik2

I still don't trust Nintendo on this. Shipping into 2018 and reprinting the NES classic knowing their logistics will be only 100k systems or something stupid like that.

Good. I got lucky with walking into a Walmart while on a trip, so hopefully I'll be able to grab some controllers this time around.

Hopefully the SNES won't be as difficult after this initial wave.

Might as well flip back and forth between Nintendo Classics consoles every year, adding new ones to the stable when it makes sense to do so.

That's always how I felt it should be done. Make these Nintendo's version of the Disney vault.

MTC100

Banned
Well, I guess Jim needs to apologize now for ranting in advance, that Nintendo won't supply enough SNES Classic Minis as it seems they will and they even go the length to restart production of the NES Classic Mini now. Of course they're doing it for profit but still it's good to see them acting finally.

What people don't understand is, that Nintendo made a HUGE loss with the WiiU just because they produced so many and had to have them stored in warehouses, it turns out storage isn't free.

Chinbo37

Also I pre ordered a SNES classic for my friend who really wanted one and isnt a huge gamer, but I didnt even bother getting one for myself due to the NES classic fiasco and how I wasnt able to get one which pissed me off.

If stock is good I will buy the SNES and the NES classic now, so that is 2 additional sales for Nintendo

Well, I guess Jim needs to apologize now for ranting in advance, that Nintendo won't supply enough SNES Classic Minis as it seems they will and they even go the length to restart production of the NES Classic Mini now. Of course they're doing it for profit but still it's good to see them acting finally.

What people don't understand is, that Nintendo made a HUGE loss with the WiiU just because they produced so many and had to have them stored in warehouses, it turns out storage isn't free.

Before the Wii U was even released; everyone said it would bomb. Only Nintendo thought otherwise. Mainstream gamers and even hardcore gamers were confused what the Wii U even was.

Sanjay

Scalpers are still going to get it first, you need a big supply not a drip freed of supply, scalpers live on drip feed supply.

Might as well flip back and forth between Nintendo Classics consoles every year, adding new ones to the stable when it makes sense to do so.

That's always how I felt it should be done. Make these Nintendo's version of the Disney vault.

There has to be a SNES mini 2 in the planning stages.

DKC2
DKC3
Chrono Trigger
NBA JAM
Terranigma, never played but great?
Final Fantasy IV
Secret of Evermore

And so on.

btrboyev

Good on Nintendo, but they could should have never stopped nes classic to begin with. A lot of people paid too much for them.

This is great news.

But the real question is, will they release a sufficient (or any) number of NES Mini P2 controllers? Or will they expect everyone to just play with their second SNES Mini controller?

Top Bottom