• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Was 1 for 4 for Zapdos but I've caught 4 in a row now to make it 5 for 8 (total of 10 for 22)

Best thing is the TMs. My top 12 Pokemon all have 100% attacking movesets now and bringing up a couple of 100% Golem to maximum at the moment (already have a 100% at max)

Shizza

That's not quite what's happening. It's when you check the summary page for a Pokémon that's currently in a gym that it gets unfavorated. You can get around it by selecting a different Pokémon and swiping to the gym Pokémon.

Thanks for the heads up, that was bugging me as well!

After another 2 failed attempts I officially retired from Zapdos catching. I amd thoroughly fed up with it. It is a waste of passes to try basically. Stickign to Tyranitar-Machamp-Lapras-Snorlax raids.

You have to get at least one. Even if you don't catch it, you still can get really good items.

I've only raided on Wednesday this week, but I have to go again before it's all over. I will get three free raids on Saturday, and I will exclusively hunt Lugia. 66.7% appraisal just doesn't cut it.

I may possibly do more raids on Sunday based on the results of the previous day.

HardRojo

Got 4 raids today, 3 Zapdos and 1 Lugia, caught 3 in total and the last Zapdos escaped. Still hating my luck regarding IVs, none of the Zapdos I got is over 89%... Tomorrow I'll try and get 15+ raids so I really hope to catch something interesting that I can start using dust and candies on.

I was 3 out of 15 for Moltres last week but I'm 10 out of 13 for Zapdos so far. Zap is the better birdo anyway.

Already powered up two of the Zaps. I don't think it will be surpassed by any electic mons anytime soon, and it has a better typing than Raikou.

When does the sale end? I'm considering stockpiling before it's too late...

I wish there were more useful items in thefe though, most of it is useless to me. An almost no one is using lure modules anymore.

robochimp

When does the sale end? I'm considering stockpiling before it's too late...

I wish there were more useful items in thefe though, most of it is useless to me. An almost no one is using lure modules anymore.

If you have a nice small park with a lot of stops, lure it up and harvest stardust.

I would guess the sale ends with Zapdos, but we have no idea what the plan is after that.

Joni

Got two Zapdos out of four raids. Missed the first one, but it was with a nice group of really powerful players that went through another three raids.

orion434

Next event better be 2x Stardust or better. The struggle is real at lv 37 Beibg able to alter move-sets with TM's made Stardust the most sought after commodity.

HardRojo

Fuck this game and fuck its RNG regarding IVs. I've probably done upwards of 70 legendary raids, only saw one perfect IV Pokémon there (Lugia) and couldn't even catch it. Saw a 1890 Zapdos today, the best I've seen so far, of course I couldn't catch it. I've done 37 Zapdos raids, caught 20 and my best is at 1881, a friend has done 22 Zapdos raids, saw 3 perfect ones and managed to catch one today, glad for him but that is some real bullshit for me. And to top it off, we decided to close today's raids with a Venusaur, my app crashed right before finishing it, and since we started the raid when the Venusaur was at 2 minutes left, when I logged back in I couldn't do shit and didn't get anything from that raid, yet my pass was gone. Fuck Pokémon Go, I won't bother spending more money on this shit, ill just bother with catching 1 of the next legendaries and call it a day.

GulAtiCa

Calm down... Not like IVs really matter that much. Do you also get so pissed off when you don't hatch perfect Pokémon?

Contact their support, they will refund your raid pass. I've gotten mine back before.

Your 1881 is good, I'd love to have that. You have a 91+ I believe.

HardRojo

Calm down... Not like IVs really matter that much. Do you also get so pissed off when you don't hatch perfect Pokémon?

Contact their support, they will refund your raid pass. I've gotten mine back before.

Your 1881 is good, I'd love to have that. You have a 91+ I believe.

Nah, I'm done, spent way too much money this week expecting to get at least a couple of good Pokémon around 95%, but RNG is screwing me over and I'd much prefer to drop the game again and only come back to catch the new stuff, then drop it again. So yeah, that's it for me until new Pokémon come out.

It's hard to imagine that people care this much about IVs. I also couldn't tolerate doing so many raids.

I was only pissed about my first Lugia, because it had the worst possible stats. I did three Lugia raids today solely to replace it. I failed to catch the first two, but I thankfully got the third one. It's has 1993 CP, but it has 82.2% appraisal. The spread is 15 HP, 10 ATK, and 12 DEF, and those are great stats for Lugia. The moves are awful (Dragon Tail and Hydro Pump), so I'm feeding it TMs.

I am officially done hunting. While I could get a Zapdos with more than 10 ATK, it just doesn't matter much. Mine came with Thunderbolt, and the other stats are really strong. I'm fine with it.

I'm down to just 40 Max Potions, so I will need to replenish. I had to revive and heal over 30 Pokemon as a result of the battles. I had a lot of fun, and I will hold on to any duplicates if trading ever becomes a thing.

16 Legendary Raids:
1/5 Articuno
2/2 Moltres
1/3 Zapdos
2/6 Lugia

robochimp

Fuck this game and fuck its RNG regarding IVs. I've probably done upwards of 70 legendary raids, only saw one perfect IV Pokémon there (Lugia) and couldn't even catch it. Saw a 1890 Zapdos today, the best I've seen so far, of course I couldn't catch it. I've done 37 Zapdos raids, caught 20 and my best is at 1881, a friend has done 22 Zapdos raids, saw 3 perfect ones and managed to catch one today, glad for him but that is some real bullshit for me. And to top it off, we decided to close today's raids with a Venusaur, my app crashed right before finishing it, and since we started the raid when the Venusaur was at 2 minutes left, when I logged back in I couldn't do shit and didn't get anything from that raid, yet my pass was gone. Fuck Pokémon Go, I won't bother spending more money on this shit, ill just bother with catching 1 of the next legendaries and call it a day.

Man you got jaded fast. None of these legendaries are even that useful. IV's barely matter. You either resist and do super effective damage or you don't. You just reaped the rewards of 22 tier 5 raids. You were talking about not even being able to do them less than a week ago.

HardRojo

Man you got jaded fast. None of these legendaries are even that useful. IV's barely matter. You either resist and do super effective damage or you don't. You just reaped the rewards of 22 tier 5 raids. You were talking about not even being able to do them less than a week ago.

Yeah, I got excited when I could finally do raids and more stuff, but the RNG has frustrated me greatly so I think I'll just take a break from the game for a while and come back when new stuff drops. The social aspect of the raids was good though, it felt like the first couple of months again.

Firemind

I can't get anyone to show up for raids right now. :| No one's responding in Slack, and every raid I've gone to today and yesterday has been empty...
Yeah it's difficult to arrange raids when it's holiday season and everyone wants to get away from the shitty weather. Has been raining consistently for the past two weeks lol

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I just wanted to get one of each Legendary before they disappeared and I did that. So I'm happy. Also hoping they take a break and maybe change the regular raid rotations for a bit.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
hope we get another star dust event before they drop mewtews i have 6 gengars with shadowclaw and shadow ball but only 2 are over 2k cp all the others are in the 1400 range lets go niantic make it rain that star dust

border

Fuck this game and fuck its RNG regarding IVs. I've probably done upwards of 70 legendary raids, only saw one perfect IV Pokémon there (Lugia) and couldn't even catch it.

I have kinda learned to hold my tongue on this isuee, but there's virtually no practical difference between a 75% IV Pokemon and a 100% IV perfect Pokemon. I wouldn't get too hung up on catching perfect ones. As long as they are 80%+ and have max Attack, they're pretty much the best they're going to be.

robochimp

Mewtwo has existed in the game data and they just lowered some of its stats.

I have kinda learned to hold my tongue on this isuee, but there's virtually no practical difference between a 75% IV Pokemon and a 100% IV perfect Pokemon. I wouldn't get too hung up on catching perfect ones. As long as they are 80%+ and have max Attack, they're pretty much the best they're going to be.

Yeah unless your trying to push legendaries with a 2-3 man crew, its pointless. All my zapdos raids have been successful despite all the gyarados being used.

Mewtwo has existed in the game data and they just lowered some of its stats.
I mean, rebalancing him is a pretty notable change in my book, so I wouldn't say "just".

(Edit: unless you meant "just now" instead of "only"?)

Also, with the whole shiny model thing, Niantic did that with the birds the day before they added them in.

GulAtiCa

Makes sense, Mewtwo was WAY to over powered. With with a 9% reduction, still going to be the top Pokemon to use.

Ho-Oh likely be be reduced a little too.

GulAtiCa

Only Mewtwo though? Ughh they need to rework the formulas in general, not just change one Pokemon's stats.

They kinda already did last year with the big CP update. Changing 1 (or 2 with Ho-Oh I'm sure), makes more sense currently.

Though, I can perhaps see them do another re-balance when they likely introduce Gen 3 this Fall (most likely). Maybe finally introduce abilities?

border

I have 165 Rare Candies clogging up my inventory. I honestly need to get rid of these things.....which pokemon should I give them to? Already have all the evolutions I need. Already have a high-level Lugia. It doesn't seem like Zapdos or Moltres are really worth sinking resources into.

They kinda already did last year with the big CP update. Changing 1 (or 2 with Ho-Oh I'm sure), makes more sense currently.

Though, I can perhaps see them do another re-balance when they likely introduce Gen 3 this Fall (most likely). Maybe finally introduce abilities?

I'm well aware. The formulas are a large focus for me when it comes to what I want to see in an update, if I'm being quite honest. I was sure it would come with the gym rework but that whole update was kinda soured to me because it didn't... blegh.

I have 165 Rare Candies clogging up my inventory. I honestly need to get rid of these things.....which pokemon should I give them to? Already have all the evolutions I need. Already have a high-level Lugia. It doesn't seem like Zapdos or Moltres are really worth sinking resources into.

Prepping Mewtwo counters might be a solid plan. Tyranitar (bite/crunch), Houndoom (snarl/foul play), Scizor (fury cutter/x-scissor), and Pinsir (bug bite/x-scissor), more or less in that order. Gengar (hex or sucker punch/shadow ball) is also one of the best attackers against Mewtwo (apparently you can theoretically two-man Mewtwo with 12 maxed out Gengar), but it's a glass canon due to its poison typing.

Beyond that, pumping candy into any solid general attacker is always good.

GulAtiCa

I'm over 250 rare candies again. Starting to think of what I should power up next as well. Obviously don't need more Dratini candies, lol. Larvitar candies is above 200 and good for moment. Already got 4 lv 30+ Tyranitars (though I'd like to fully level up the 2 98%.)

Don't need more Rhyhorn and can just walk Geodude. (Though used some already when I got my 100 though). Have over 100 Chansey candies and could power up my low level 98% Snorlax I caught, but don't really need to. Already used bunch on a 100% Machamp as well as 2 98% Machamps. Don't need more there for the moment.

Was thinking of powering up my 91% Zapdos, but will save that for tomorrow in case I happen to get a better one tomorrow.

I also think 1 of my next goals is to eventually fully level up all my 100% Pokemon to lv 40. Still few player levels away from that being possible of course, but will be my next goal. Currently hunting a 100% Dratini. 100% Larvitar would be nice, but that will be so rare.

I really need another decent Larvitar/Pupitar to evolve, since I have plenty of candy to sink in. Have four Tyranitar, but have only powered up one, because the others suck. Well, two of them really suck anyway (like, one is 27% or something), and the other is just ehhh (straight 11s).

I also think 1 of my next goals is to eventually fully level up all my 100% Pokemon to lv 40. Still few player levels away from that being possible of course, but will be my next goal. Currently hunting a 100% Dratini. 100% Larvitar would be nice, but that will be so rare.

Might as well just farm Tyranitar raids, since raids are your best bet for 100% stats. Should be nearly 20 times more common, no?

Top Bottom