• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3: Kojima Announcing 2 Games, MGS5?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) seems to come around sooner and sooner each year, and we're already starting to hear rumors about what might be announced. The latest rumor from PSM3 magazine in the UK is that Hideo Kojima will be announcing not one but two games. They write:

"MGS maestro Hideo Kojima's got some big announcements for E3 in June: one a quasi-logical step for an existing game, the other... well, we'd be shocked if MGS5 wasn't on the table at some stage. Or under it. In a box."

So we may see Metal Gear Solid 5 finally announced 3 years after the last game released, but what's the other title that's mentioned? Zone of the Enders? Peace Walker for consoles? We'll have to wait and see.

http://www.ps3center.net//news/5083/e3-kojima-announcing-2-games-mgs5-/

Skilletor

Didn't he say he had a ps3/ngp game he wanted to announce?

Anybody think that will be the next MGS? Would they even want to announce a new MGS with Rising not even out? Seems like that would kill any hype for Raiden's game.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I would guess one of the new handhelds before Peace Walker for consoles.

The visuals would really look iffy on a giant TV.

peacewalkerhdqbbc.png

I don't think we need a Metal Gear Solid 5. That last game failed in achieving many expectations and was pretty damn boring in a lot of places.

MGS5 didn't just bring closure to the story, it sealed the story's legs in concrete and tipped it into the oceanic moon of Europa. What more needs to be said?

Kojima - lets see your talent directed into something else!

Majine

Banned
Kojima and I are in a pretty good relationship. He can't stop making MGS games and I can't stop buying them.

Lakitu

st5fu
Mama Robotnik said:
I don't think we need a Metal Gear Solid 5. That last game failed in achieving many expectations and was pretty damn boring in a lot of places.

Yep, no more MGS sequels from Kojima. He's been tied to the series for far too long. I want to see him take on something original.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Mama Robotnik said:

I'm such a fan that I will pretty much buy it because he's a good guy who makes games I enjoy. I don't hate MGS4 but it obviously wasn't the high point in the series.

Mafro

No more MG games set after MGS4. If they are going to do more, then how about a Peace Walker sequel, or a remake of Metal Gear?

duckroll

ultron87 said:
Metal Gear Ac3D

There won't be any more Ac!d games ever. The director/writer/designer/creator who was responsible for that series has left Kojima Productions. He's still at Konami though, as a producer. He's working on NeverDead at the moment.

Dabanton

Mama Robotnik said:

He can't help himself.

ultron87

duckroll said:
There won't be any more Ac!d games ever. The director/writer/designer/creator who was responsible for that series has left Kojima Productions. He's still at Konami though, as a producer. He's working on NeverDead at the moment.

That's sad. I always wanted to try one of those (since it seemed so delightfully insane) but never had a PSP.

I think MG: Ac3D is the only time I could ever get behind using a number within the games title in place of a letter. It's just so perfect.

Carlisle

Since Kojima made Peace Walker as MGS5 in all but title, I wonder how he'd number a new MGS game with Snake. He can't go to 6, but it's still not 5. Subtitles forever!

duckroll

Carlisle said:
Since Kojima made Peace Walker as MGS5 in all but title, I wonder how he'd number a new MGS game with Snake. He can't go to 6, but it's still not 5. Subtitles forever!

Metal Gear Solid: 6 Years Later

Interesting they say one is a quasi-logical step for an existing game not series. What might this be? a port of an existing game to another platform (NGP/PSN)?

now that I think of it, this almost has to be it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Manmademan said:
Interesting they say one is a quasi-logical step for an existing game not series. What might this be? a port of an existing game to another platform (NGP)?
Yeah, I see no way to interpret that other than (possibly enhanced) port.

tass0

Banned
Metal Gear Acid 3 for PSP, probably.

Kojima always finds a way to disappoint regarding MGS (Acid, Portable Ops, Peace Walker, MGS4, etc)

However, ZoE3 for PS3? Please yes. :)

ryan-ts

I think if a new MGS came out that was clearly part of the main storyline, the name would be MGS5 :Something Something Something. I also know what Kojima said about PW so don't be like "Oh check this out, Kojima-san already said it was!"

Spiegel

Nirolak said:

MGS3D 3DS
MGS5 PS3/360
MGS: Peace Walker+ NGP/PS3

Rising canceled

duckroll said:
The quasi-logical step for an existing game is to cancel Rising because it's in development hell.

That's what I'm thinking too. Developing 4 MGS games at the same time would be too much for KP.

Nirolak said:

I can't think of anything that fits this category other than Peacewalker to PSN or NGP. MGS4 to 360 *might* be plausible if this were 2 years or so ago- but the game is too old by now, and there would be too many compromises to get it to work. (game was HUGE- constant installs etc).

move/kinect support for metal gear rising

does this count as "existing" game though? its not out of development.

What other stealth games beside Splinter Cell are there this generation?

alpha protocol- sorta.

Top Bottom