• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 09•29-10•01•17 - Cruise spitroasted by Pennywise and Kingsman, Flatliners DOA

gatti-man

Rotten Tomatoes has over taken Darkseid as the biggest threat to the JLA

Someone google rotten tomato’s suicide squad. The film was terrible and it did huge numbers. Wonder Woman is mediocre overall while being the best DCU film and it did huge numbers. The bar for JL is very very low.

Slayven

Someone google rotten tomato’s suicide squad. The film was terrible and it did huge numbers. Wonder Woman is mediocre overall while being the best DCU film and it did huge numbers. The bar for JL is very very low.

Batman and Superman was on the silver screen for the first time in history and it didn't crack a billion.

Not even Paramount has an L that big

As much as I hate to say it, JL could really underperform.

Why would you hate to say it? Movie doesn't look good and whedon will likely stink up the joint too. The combination of Snyder and whedon makes no sense and just seems like we're gonna get a really tonally inconsistent (and not in a good way) movie

Gotta say though Aquaman looks great in it tho. Real inspired choice casting Momoa there and making him Rob Zombie. Plus wonder woman will be pretty good as the leader I imagine. And I'm looking forward to seeing how Snyder tackles super speed. The flash action will prolly be nuts

60% RT will be the ceiling. But I also think it will EASILY be the highest grossing superhero movie of the year

kswiston

Me and B-G-E are going to run a contest for both Thor and Justice League near the end of this month, so you guys will be able to put your hypothetical money where your mouth is.

I've already won the contest.

also if you need prizes lemme know, I can toss in some codes for stuff like Mad Max: Fury Road

Man it seems like only yesterday we were admiring how many superhero films were coming out this year, and now we're down to the last (and potentially biggest) two.

Slayven

Me and B-G-E are going to run a contest for both Thor and Justice League near the end of this month, so you guys will be able to put your hypothetical money where your mouth is.

Better be real stuff, not bags of milk.

800 Mil for Justice League

A Whedon glaze over a Snyder donut will be it's downfall.

kswiston

I've already won the contest.

also if you need prizes lemme know, I can toss in some codes for stuff like Mad Max: Fury Road

We will be seeing if people want to donate to the prize pool in a few weeks. Thor opens during the last week of October in some international territories, so I'd guess that the contest will go up a few days before that. Nothing is set in stone yet, besides some sort of contest happening jointly for both films.

Slayven

We will be seeing if people want to donate to the prize pool in a few weeks. Thor opens during the last week of October in some international territories, so I'd guess that the contest will go up a few days before that. Nothing is set in stone yet, besides some sort of contest happening.

I might be persuaded to donate my rare Ravage 2099 #1

Ahasverus

Whedon is gonna ruin whatever depth JL was going to have turning it into a bad Justice League Action episode, and the visual effects will be unfinished due to reshoots, I expect a 30% RT and 700M WW.

Fuck Whedon and fuck WB for not trusting Snyder + Terrio.

Whedon is gonna ruin whatever depth JL was going to have turning it into a bad Justice League Action episode, and the visual effects will be unfinished due to reshoots, I expect a 30% RT and 700M WW.

wat

bruh

snap

Banned
I might be persuaded to donate my rare Ravage 2099 #1

i have a Superman Presents The Krypton Chronicles miniseries I'm willing to toss in if anyone's willing to pay for shipping

no, really. got these as a gift from a roommate who only vaguely knew i liked comics and i dunno what to do with them.

ZeroX03

Banned
Not convinced Justice League will be a great film, but it'll be better than BvS even if tonally inconsistent. Wonder Woman has huge momentum and seems to be front and center. Their take on Aquaman is strong and Flash should get great action plus he's already popular. Batfleck is fine. Supes, Cyborg and the film itself being duds shouldn't hold it too far back.

the only thing I'm certain of is no matter how JL turns out, GAF's response will be atrocious. 350 page review thread of unreadable nonsense.

Uhhh please note while I also hate Whedon I do not share this man's views

Not convinced Justice League will be a great film, but it'll be better than BvS even if tonally inconsistent. Wonder Woman has huge momentum and seems to be front and center. Their take on Aquaman is strong and Flash should get great action plus he's already popular. Batfleck is fine. Supes, Cyborg and the film itself being duds shouldn't hold it too far back.

the only thing I'm certain of is no matter how JL turns out, GAF's response will be atrocious. 350 page review thread of unreadable nonsense.

No one will know who to praise or blame! Please look forward to the meticulous shot by shot breakdowns to determine if it was Whedon's or Snyder's!

snap

Banned
I thought DC fans were all down on Whedon few threads back, heck even Disco. The hell happen? The reshoot rumors?

the "surprise! Whedon's actually a sexist piece of shit just like his WW script shows" thread did a number on his reputation around here

Ross61

I thought DC fans were all down on Whedon few threads back, heck even Disco. The hell happen? The reshoot rumors?
No... any sensible fan realizes that Whedon only stepped in for Snyder because of his loss and is doing nothing Snyder didn’t already approve.

Slayven

No one will know who to praise or blame! Please look forward to the meticulous shot by shot breakdowns to determine if it was Whedon's or Snyder's!

Dv9HSXa.gif

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
JL will barely break 300 mil WW after its revealed WW has the least amount of screen time available aside the trailers shots. Her big scene is an orgy from every other man including the Cyborg. There will be riots in the streets as they protest the film while every nerd online and some feminists will claim female empowerment because she is actually the center of attention and there is nothing more powerful than a woman dominating men sexually.

I'm really looking forward to the hour long video essays equating every scene in Justice League to something from Seven Samurai.

Even if they subtitled the director under every scene people would probably still disagree over who shot what.

I just want Justice League to be enjoyable to watch and not be boring like BvS.

That was the worst thing about BvS. It was way too boring and poorly paced. It's better then Suicide Squad for sure, but I rather watch Suicide Squad then BvS.

Schlorgan

We will be seeing if people want to donate to the prize pool in a few weeks. Thor opens during the last week of October in some international territories, so I'd guess that the contest will go up a few days before that. Nothing is set in stone yet, besides some sort of contest happening jointly for both films.
I have a bunch of unredeemed Humble Bundle keys.

Jigorath

Banned
I'm really looking forward to the hour long video essays equating every scene in Justice League to something from Seven Samurai.

Even if they subtitled the director under every scene people would probably still disagree over who shot what.

Man, we're gonna spend YEARS discussing how much of the movie was Snyder and how much was Whedon. I'm already tired of talking about it!

BVS has already anchored folks' expectations in the negative. Justice League just has to be decent and it'll clean up.

The bad taste of BvS is still in people's mouths. It's going to give Justice League a big wall to overcome. And I don't expect the movie to be very good.

gatti-man

What the fuck am I reading here. Shear lunacy.

My local theater isn't showing Battle of the Sexes. If it was I would see it

I've been debating seeing either that or Brad's Status this week.

Both seem good and are getting near identical reviews, but Brad's Status seems a little too melancholy so I'll probably go with Battle of the Sexes.

Top Bottom