• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark Rein: UE4 running on "systems we cant name yet"

http://loudmouthedgamers.com/blog/2...running-on-systems-i-cant-talk-about-by-name/

The DICE summit is currently taking place as awards are being handed out and moments ago Mark Rein took the stage. While talking about Unreal Engine 4 he said that the graphics engine was running on “systems I can’t talk about by name.” This would obviously point to the next generation of consoles being pretty far into development. Let the rumors continue to come out of the woodworks!

UPDATE: The quote was technically “Including systems we can’t name yet.”

Oh yeah, get hype! Enough of the low spec woe is us next gen talk...these machines are going to be beefy. Possibly really beefy, given Samaritan ran on 3 GTX 580's.

Medalion

Banned
Running on Xbox Next and PS4 because they don't have names yet officially whereas Wii-U is still for the most part an official name, so it runs on the other systems not Wii-U

Well, this is shocking.

Why isn't SHOCKING in the thread title?

Because this isn't shocking, quite frankly this isn't very shocking at all because you know that there are system in development that aren't annonced yet such as the next Playstation and Xbox consoles.

It HAS begun...
it-has-begun-o.gif

watershed

Banned
The way I see it Wii U is a system he could name since its been known since last E3 but the other next gen consoles he can't name because he wouldn't want to pre-empt MS and Sony.

Because this isn't shocking, quite frankly this isn't very shocking at all because you know that there are system in development that aren't annonced yet such as the next Playstation and Xbox consoles.

huh, now this can only mean that either YOUR or MY sarcasm detector is broken!!

Oh man, it's going to be amazing to see every glistening muscle on a tree trunk sized arm 78% shinier, complete with self shadowed bulging veins!

GDGF

Soothsayer
Mark Rein had this to say about the Wii U last E3.

Certainly he was working on Unreal Engine 4 at the time.

“I can tell you that I got to see it at E3 and it was what I expected of course. We were very excited to play some of their demos, see how good the feel of the hardware was — it’s a very impressive system and I think it’s gonna do quite well. If Nintendo made a system that could run our engine, we’d be on it like water on fish.’ And so when someone asked me what I thought about the Wii U, I said, ‘Water, meet fish.’” - Mark Rein

fernoca

Though regarding Wii U, developers are still under NDA even for stuff that we know of. During the Skylanders Giants reveal, a dev was asked about the Wii U and the NFC and he just said that he couldn't talk about it or the Wii U for that matter.
Granted, doesn't mean much in this case. But in general, it's just implying that it's for "next-gen consoles" and not for the current ones.

Don't know what to expect, except to just wait until E3. :p

Top Bottom