• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Shadows Of The Damned Screenshots

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It seems that we've gotten some new Shadows of the Damned screenshots.

Before you ask, I don't know why they came in different sizes.

sotd_garcia_and_johnso4md4.jpg

sotd_light_barrelqmk0.jpg

sotd_river9mmq.jpg

sotd_justinermnp.jpg

sotd_bossxme2.jpg

stod_g_shoot01km3t.jpg

stod_arch_demon_shoot0rm7a.jpg

sotd_ready_aim5mru.jpg

sotd_dark_demonsrmlx.jpg

sotd_demon3nmyv.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Most people wont like it because its pretty janky looking from a technical perspective, but I think it looks great, and its one of my most anticipated titles for this year.

I expect it to be full of problems, but meh. Like most of Suda's games I still end up loving them for their defining moments and interesting characters. Plus if the trailer was any indication of the soundtrack, its going to be awesome.

akilshohen said:
I love the shot of the bloody guy. But why isn't this being hyped up more?

Most of the disappointed fall into one of two crowds; either they expected another truly 'out there' game like Killler7, or they dont find anything about the game interesting and instead generic and boring.

Benicio Del Toro looks cool. And I'm liking the look of that blood monster thing. Anyways hyped on the basis of Suda/Mikami/Yamaoka.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Kafel said:
It's a 2012 title, right ?
It should be out within the next four months unless it got delayed.

akilshohen said:
The graphics were really bad until now, so they were waiting it out.

DA2's marketing was also really quiet until the thing looked presentable.

Darklord

Banned
That main character may be the shittiest design I've ever seen. What the hell is he wearing? A weird purple leather jacket with nothing under it? Nice eye scar too.

Dascu

Big fan of Suda's work, but this has yet to impress me.

Kafel said:
It's a 2012 title, right ?
Summer of 2011, if I'm not mistaken. I would not be shocked if it's delayed though.

Kafel

Banned
I think I got its release date mixed up with that Del Toro game.

edit : wait, no, that one is supposedly 2013

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Just to remind people interested, EA are having a pre-GDC event where they will be showing both this and Battlefield 3, so we should get more (and hopefully more structured gameplay footage) later this month.

Dascu said:
It sort of looks like a 3rd-person version of Singularity.

Have you played Singularity? I cant see even the slightest of comparisons.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm slowly warming to the game. I don't think it looks as novel as some of Suda or Mikami's other games, it resembles a mixture of Brutal Legend and RE4, but if there's one thing Shinji fucking Mikami knows, it's action gameplay. I'm sure it won't disappoint in that area, my only concern is the main character. He's just shit, trapped awkwardly between Travis Touchdown and Leon Kennedy.

wrowa

akilshohen said:
All the years we didn't know anything else of it than being a horror game and since Suda is involved people didn't expect it to be just a horror game, but a truly fucked up horror game.

What we get now doesn't even seem to be a horror game.

StuBurns

Banned
Not the most visually impressive game, but I really wish that Japanese developers would be a little me forth coming with higher quality assets. The compression on those images is pretty disgusting.

randomkid

people hyped because of mikami are setting themselves up for disappointment. he's just a producer. suda's the director here.

EatChildren

wrowa said:
All the years we didn't know anything else of it than being a horror game and since Suda is involved people didn't expect it to be just a horror game, but a truly fucked up horror game.

What we get now doesn't even seem to be a horror game.

The fundamental problem there is that people assumed "horror game" was defined by "scary", and not "horror themes", which is exactly what we're getting.

It really doesn't look very interesting. Maybe there's something to the story and writing or they are doing some cool stuff with the gameplay, but EA really doesn't try to make this game stand out some more. Highlighting the Suda x Mikami involvement isn't enough if the game itself doesn't look anything like this.

rvy

Banned
randomkid said:
people hyped because of mikami are setting themselves up for disappointment. he's just a producer. suda's the director here.
Killer7 is awesome. So is No More Heroes and Desperate Struggle. I'm fine.

StuBurns

Banned
randomkid said:
I don't believe that is true, he is executive director, the actual director is another guy I think. Which is the reason I actually care.

randomkid

rvy said:
Killer7 is awesome. So is No More Heroes and Desperate Struggle. I'm fine.

no don't get me wrong, i love suda's stuff, killer 7 and flower, sun and rain are some of my favorites. i'm just saying i wouldn't expect mikami action-gameplay in this game. there was an interview discussing how he basically just consulted on the game, stopping by every once in a while for advice. maybe that role has changed as the game approaches completion, but that was the last i heard.

Don

I am so hyped for this.

Did they change the main characters face slightly? It looks kind of different from the trailer.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
It kinda looks like a 3D Castlevania game...

Looks really cool as is. Grasshopper is never going to challenge the big boys, I have the mental capacity to appreciate that and just hope the game is really fun.
randomkid said:
Unless you like Suda but feel that Mikami's role will keep him focused on his most fun ideas. I see it as a really good symbiotic relationship. I'm here for Suda but I'll stay for Mikami's quality control if you get me?

Top Bottom