• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ refer-a-friend promotion ($5 for friend & you if friend subs)

Acccent

I currently have a EU sub but I do have a non-PS+ US account, I can switch to it for 3 months if it means one of you and I will get 5$...

When would I have to do it at the latest?

I currently have a EU sub but I do have a non-PS+ US account, I can switch to it for 3 months if it means one of you and I will get 5$...

When would I have to do it at the latest?

The e-mail referral thing is until tomorrow and:
Trial codes will be sent to qualifying email addresses on 9/6/13.
Your friends must redeem the special trial code they receive by 9/13/13 to be eligible for the Refer-A-Friend promotion.
If your eligible friend purchases a 3-Month or 1-Year PS Plus membership by 10/13/13, both you and your friend will earn a $5 PSN code. Your friend must purchase the PS Plus membership on the same SEN account that was used to redeem the PS Plus trial code.
Your $5 PSN codes will be sent by 10/23/13. NOTE: Friends must join PS Plus through a U.S. SEN account for $5 PSN codes to be valid.

* We can’t send a code to people under the age of 18, current PS Plus members, or those who have unsubscribed from PlayStation® emails. Friends must join PlayStation®Plus through a U.S. SEN account.

Anyways, anyone that wants a trial code even if you don't want to purchase a subscription PM me.

I have 1 slot left. PM me if you want.

Edit: This is the last day so if anyone wants a free trial or wants to get into PS+, this is a good time IMO. Hurry!

Edit 2: Just 1 Slot Left!!

All gone!

jsnepo

Anybody getting their trial codes now? I'm just waiting for my code so I can finally sign up for PS+ to guarantee that $5. The subscription will stack up to the trial right?

jvm

Gamasutra.
For you guys eagerly awaiting this, in a previous PS+-related system Sony literally waited until the very last minute to send out everything. Why? Who knows. But we all waited around and I recall Wario64 posting about getting his email like 2 minutes before the supposed deadline. Maybe someone else remembers when this happened, specifically, but until it's 7 September, I'm not going to be concerned.

jvm

Gamasutra.
So I did a google search, and a guy at the playstation forums said that they send the codes out on the 23rd of this month, not the 6th. It's in the second post of that thread.

Did it say a date in the E-mail?
Yes. See the image I put in the OP:
32El6xD.png

Very clearly says that trial codes go out on 6 September and must be redeemed within a week.

The $5 codes go out by 23 September.

Like I said, looks like someone goofed.

I'd like to get a 30 day trial until I end up buying my own.

If anyone gets this, send me an invite at "thatsmytrunks at gmail dot com".

jvm

Gamasutra.
A GAFfer that I referred sent me a PM today that they got a trial code. So some people are getting them.

Really disappointing work by Sony. You can't tell people they have seven days to redeem a code and sign up for a 3m/1y subscription and then cut them short on the seven days. :p

jsnepo

A GAFfer that I referred sent me a PM today that they got a trial code. So some people are getting them.

Really disappointing work by Sony. You can't tell people they have seven days to redeem a code and sign up for a 3m/1y subscription and then cut them short on the seven days. :p

I'll just hang on to my Gmail then.

I got the e-mai with the code. But damn, they are forcing me to update my billing details before I can use this code. Non-US credit cards won't work on the account. Shucks, I'm outta luck. Can't utilize this promo.

8byte

Banned
I wonder if you had to send submit an email that already had a PSN account attached to it? I'm not sure if my friends did that (none of them have received their codes).

jvm

Gamasutra.
I wonder if you had to send submit an email that already had a PSN account attached to it? I'm not sure if my friends did that (none of them have received their codes).
This should have been easy to check for. If you entered an email address that already had been referred for this program, the submit page would say "that person is ineligible because they have already been referred" (paraphrase).

vazel

Banned
That's what I'm thinking too. I used an email that wasn't tied to my PSN account.

I got the code from the GAF member @DarkLordMalik and guess what?

CC info is required.

Since I do not live in the States and nor do I have an American CC, my code is up for the taking.

Also you can redeem the code on any US account, no restriction of using the same email account the code was sent to.

vazel

Banned
I got the code from the GAF member @DarkLordMalik and guess what?

CC info is required.

Since I do not live in the States and nor do I have an American CC, my code is up for the taking.

Also you can redeem the code on any US account, no restriction of use the same email account the code was sent to.
GIMME

Grinchy

Banned
I got another one today too, this time with a proper subject line. I hope it hasn't gotten screwed up. I already bought my sub too.

RedAssedApe

Banned
got my code. kind of lame that it needs to be redeemed by a certain date though. wanted to sit on it to see what free games become available in the coming months before ps4 launch

Cade

I got my codes but they don't add time onto your sub if you're already subbed, so quote to reveal a couple:

If they don't work on your unsubbed account, I have no flippin' idea.

EDIT: Used! I think!

Still haven't received my email. Isn't this going to expire on the 13th? They have like friggin 2 days.
I got my codes but they don't add time onto your sub if you're already subbed, so quote to reveal a couple:

If they don't work on your unsubbed account, I have no flippin' idea.

Just an FYI, your codes have both been used. (Not by me, I tried but got the message they've already been used.)

Top Bottom