• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Enfinit

Actual conversation from Reach matchmaking tonight:

*In post-game lobby for Super Slayer*

[Random guy]: "You're really fucking bad at this game bro."
Me: typical "I went +6 and you went -4" comment.
RG: "Take this game out of your disc tray and break it over your limp dick."
Me: "I don't know how'd that work or if it were possible."
RG: "Either way you're a fucking faggot."
Me: "You're a cool guy."
RG: "1v1 me bro"
Me: "Okay. But you'll probably win."
RG: "YEA I KNOW HAHA EAT A DICK PUSSY!"

*Sends me a friend request*

wat

In related news, finally hit Reclaimer and I have no interest in playing this game ever again. Playing Reach is like eating a bag of hair.

EDIT: Premium quality top-o-the-page post.

wat
lol

Ken

wat

In related news, finally hit Reclaimer and I have no interest in playing this game ever again. Playing Reach is like eating a bag of hair.

I'm sorry.

\
How many bags of hair would you be willing to eat if each gave you double XP? What would be a fair price for these hypothetical hair bags?

zap

wat

I was playing with Kittens earlier... we beat some guys handily and he sent me a message saying, "good fuckin game but we sucked ass though"
We got matched with them a second time straight after it, and won again. This is what I received after that, "fuck u bitches all u use is sword bitch ass mother fuckers"

Quite a change in attitude there!

Less than 4 kills with the sword that game between us

Fuckin Perfect Dark.

Just to chime in on Campaign ranking, I would without a doubt place Reach above 2 as far as actual levels, combat and encounters are concerned. I say this with utmost clarity since I'm in the process of replaying all the Campaigns so they're pretty fresh in my head right now. What can I say? I think Reach actually has a really fun Campaign.

But I love all the Covenant dialogue and politics in Halo 2. That stuff is pretty rad.

El_Chino

wat

I'm reminded why I don't play Reach anymore haha.

I was playing with Kittens earlier... we beat some guys handily and he sent me a message saying, "good fuckin game but we sucked ass though"
We got matched with them a second time straight after it, and won again. This is what I received after that, "fuck u bitches all u use is sword bitch ass mother fuckers"

Quite a change in attitude there!

Less than 4 kills with the sword that game between us

Less than 4? You have four other number options there, and you couldn't be more specific? Que?

Omni

wat

You got to Reclaimer before you decided to stop playing? Jeeeeeeeeeez. I stopped at the one before Mythic.

I'd pay about five-hundred ninety nine U.S. dollars.
Does that number change if I include some exclusive armor permutations with the Hair-eatos?

I have more permutations available if you are also willing to buy a Limited Edition Hair-Shirt that you can wear while you play!

TheOddOne

I go sleep and 12 pages are latched to this motha? Damn, son.

@Tashi: Whatever you say, bro.

Holy shit, did anyone else know Marcus Lehto left Bungie?

1bwFw

I heard he joined up with CliffyB.
Marathon reboot is down the drain :(

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Does that number change if I include some exclusive armor permutations with the Hair-eatos?

I have more permutations available if you are also willing to buy a Limited Edition Hair-Shirt that you can wear while you play!

I'd invest in Dexp Flaming Hot Funions : Hair Edition

FyreWulff

Fuckin Perfect Dark.

Just to chime in on Campaign ranking, I would without a doubt place Reach above 2 as far as actual levels, combat and encounters are concerned. I say this with utmost clarity since I'm in the process of replaying all the Campaigns so they're pretty fresh in my head right now. What can I say? I think Reach actually has a really fun Campaign.

But I love all the Covenant dialogue and politics in Halo 2. That stuff is pretty rad.

I realize now I should have just handed the extra shot to you at the HaloGAF dinner and just said "Perfect Dark". Missed opportunity :(

Ramirez

I’m sure people will be able to take it out from range. I just do not see the mantis being as overpowered as some people think it is going to be. I can see how a good team would be able to defend their flag relatively easy against a poor team. However on maps like Ragnarok I’m sure there will be an adequate amount of heavy weapons which will be able to take the mantis out.

Adding an adequate amount of heavy weapons isn't the answer though, the game will devolve into a heavies variant, or in other words, garbage.

Reach is a huge piece of shit.

I tried to warn you earlier when you watched that false hope vidoc!

Is he eating that new Wendy's mushroom burger? If not, I just wanted to say I tried it last night, and it's pretty amazing.

Great summation. I agree with the blur/ghosting part, but idk about grain. I don't think I've heard anyone complain about grain in Reach.

You must be new here, grain/lack of visual clarity has been brought up numerous times from numerous people. Halo 4 has really nailed the clarity of the MP landscape, reminds me so much of 3, perhaps even brighter. <3

senador

Banned
We also got to interview Daniel Cudmore (plays Master Chief), which was pretty awesome. My buddy just got it posted to the site if anyone is interested. Cool guy, was a lot of fun. He's in Twilight, we asked who would win in a fight: Master Chief or Felix the vampire.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I hope the sniper isn't as easy to use as it was in reach. I much more prefer halo 3's sniper.

Most people at PAX said it was more difficult to use. I didn't get a chance to try it :\

something i'm sort of disliking about H4 - it seems like every single thing you do gets you a medal... or two... or 3...

headshot noscope double kill breathing jumping cursing KING IS STILL IN THE HILL ordinance drop

zap

Less than 4? You have four other number options there, and you couldn't be more specific? Que?

I didn't use the sword, Kittens did, his tool of destruction was DMR with 4 kills, the beatdown with sword medal is the same as a normal beatdown so I couldn't be sure :p

Akai__

I just posted in the old thread, because I didn't realize, that we are already in the |OT 10|. :lol

Just a reminder. Medal of Honor Warfighter Beta will start in 10-20 min. I'll be streaming it and I would appreciate it, when some of you guys would join us/me.

senador

Banned
I've got to go check for spelling and grammar errors, but here is a 3000+ word interview with Stinkles. I asked him about Forward Unto Dawn, a Halo movie, Spartan Ops, Ragnarok, Abandon, the Mantis, video rendering, stats API, and more. It was a lot of fun (though I was incredibly nervous) and I think its definitely worth a read. Frank gives a few new tidbits and lots of insight into things we already know about.

Interview with Frank O'Connor

I'll probably post these links again later in the day too.

I realize now I should have just handed the extra shot to you at the HaloGAF dinner and just said "Perfect Dark". Missed opportunity :(
Would have been perfect. Especially since Heckfu of all people didn't deserve it. Frankie knows what the ladies like though, that was some mighty fine tequila.

I assume there's no direct download of FUD?

senador

Banned
I just watched again, the beginning gave me chills again. Love it!

Lol I just forwarded it to the whole office. :D

I enjoyed it, but it was a tad uneventful.

Sure but based on the quality and the things implied...it should get really good in the coming episodes.

Akai__

I was a little bit sceptical about FuD, but that looked really awesome. Good job 343i, can't wait to see the next episode.

zap

Oh wow. Exceeded my expectations. I really enjoyed that.

That opening gave me chills, man. Chills.

I can't wait for the rest. I think I might have to pick up the Blu Ray when it comes out.

The acting was a little flimsy and the camera work was pretty bad at points, but over all it was enjoyable.

"LASKY, STOP STEPPING ON OUR DICKS!"

zap

The acting was a little flimsy and the camera work was pretty bad at points, but over all it was enjoyable.

"LASKY, STOP STEPPING ON OUR DICKS!"

I quite enjoyed the a lot of the shots, but I'm no film student. Imagine what they could do with a massive budget and the whole movie process. Daamn.

Top Bottom