• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni II spotted in Amazon.es for the Xbox One.

On one hand, games that niche don't usually go to XBone.

On the other hand, Phil Spencer has apparently been making visits to Japanese studios lately to try to get them to put their non-AAA games on XBone again, so maybe this is one of the fruits of that effort.

On one hand, games that niche don't usually go to XBone.

On the other hand, Phil Spencer has apparently been making visits to Japanese studios lately to try to get them to put their non-AAA games on XBone again, so maybe this is one of the fruits of that effort.
I don't expect Ni No Kuni 2 to be released on Xbox One but I think Bandai Namco was mentioned in one of Phil's tweets.

entremet

Didn't Spencer mention something about getting more Japanese titles?

Probably this is one of the fruits?

No way Level 5 releases anything on a Microsoft consoles after what happened with True Fantasy Live Online.

I doubt NNK2 is coming to Xbox but think it would be weird is Level 5 refused to do so based on things that happened 12/13 years ago?

Especially if their publisher wanted it… Xbox leadership has changed plenty since then, not sure about Level 5s but things move on.

Seems like a questionable business practise to hold a grudge like that.

More likely that it never happens because their games aren't a fit for the userbase and their relationship with Sony gets them deals they are happy with

I'm betting it's nothing more than an error, but if it is then great news for everyone, and kudos to Phil for delivering on that promise to get more Japanese devs to give MS another chance. I don't know how big of an audience NNKII would reach alone, unless they managed to get a remaster of the first too (like Bayo with the WiiU).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well, Namco has been putting out a lot of Xbox One games lately, but it's also kind of odd that they wouldn't have announced it when the PC version was announced.

Wedzi

Banned
Well, Namco has been putting out a lot of Xbox One games lately, but it's also kind of odd that they wouldn't have announced it when the PC version was announced.

Unless it didn't exist until recently but yeah I'm chopping this up to a listing mistake. Though it would be really awesome.

Lol! All we need are leeh and Gamz and the Xbox Congress will be in order. Interesting development nonetheless.

MMG4z.gif

Lol! All we need are leeh and Gamz and the Xbox Congress will be in order. Interesting development nonetheless.

Wow lol

Anything possible, but I think this was paid for. I dunno, but I believe it's "console exclusive" (like that ever means much these days.. ) but still.

If it would, then all good. NNK is dope and if anyone is put on to this great franchise, then it's all for the better.
Imo, anyway..

Lol! All we need are leeh and Gamz and the Xbox Congress will be in order.

Why are you bringing console wars into this topic? If you're butthurt from a previous exchange like the person who just quoted you right after is, you can take it to PMs instead of shitposting and lumping people together erroneously to deflect from the topic at hand.

LOLCats

Banned
Honestly more jp developers should port to xbox imo. I know sony money hats a lot of them, but since going to x86 architecture and being 4 years into this gen, im Sure its not that hard. Even if digital only, it can only be a good thing.

But this amazon.es is likely a mistake.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I don't think so. Xbox is not even going to get Star Ocean 4 HD remaster which when it first came out it was 360 exclusive.

Dynomutt

Why are you bringing console wars into this topic? If you're butthurt from a previous exchange like the person who just quoted you right after is, you can take it to PMs instead of shitposting and lumping people together erroneously to deflect from the topic at hand.

It's not even all that serious. Relax.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
You say this like it's a bad thing.

Like the game or not my point is Xbox one is not getting the games that used to be on 360, like how NieR Gestalt was 360 but it didn't get NieR Automata.

If we end up getting follow up to Catherine, do you really think it going be on Xbox One?

Like the game or not my point is Xbox one is not getting the games that used to be on 360, like how NieR Gestalt was 360 but it didn't get NieR Automata.

If we end up getting follow up to Catherine, do you really think it going be on Xbox One?
Depends on how serious Xbox is about getting Japanese games, and if they're willing to put up the money to get a port. It probably won't happen, but anything's possible. And I think Catherine is more likely than something like Persona or Yakuza.

Top Bottom