• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Guys I'm freaking out. Rorie just doesn't listen and is constantly talking over peeps. Like, ok, I can understand that plenty of folks enjoy that but man I feel terrible even feeling as irritated by his behaviour as I am.

You're not alone. I like his solo streams but I have stopped watching so many GB videos solely becuase of him

Aselith

Guys I'm freaking out. Rorie just doesn't listen and is constantly talking over peeps. Like, ok, I can understand that plenty of folks enjoy that but man I feel terrible even feeling as irritated by his behaviour as I am.

I liked when he asked Ben what he was playing on the Breaking Brad stream and then immediately interrupted him because he just wanted an in to talk about Horizon. I see you, Rorie!

chogidogs

Eh. Rorie does a good job of moving things along (asking about the game) when he's bored. Better than dead air IMO

Ashby

That's strange. Why do you care if Brad, Ben or Jason get talked over?

Eh. Rorie does a good job of moving things along (asking about the game) when he's bored. Better than dead air IMO

I get that but I would much rather dead air broken up with naturally occurring conversations than constant forced dialogue.

Edit: Apologies guys, I don't want to sour the mood here. Needed a quick vent.

Really digging the parallax dust particles on Dead Cells.

Nah he's been like that a lot lately. And he just rambles and doesn't even finish a coherent thought. It's getting kind of annoying.

Giganteus

The guy who mostly does backend work and has to host UPF this one fucking day will go away again, guys. It'll be okay. I promise.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There might have been a time Deadcell would have been very appealing to me

but that was before indie developers pummeled my interest in roguelikes into the dirt

def sim

Rorie is only dominating conversations because he's a talkative dude relative to the rest. I'd rather have this than dead air.

Ben Pack is certainly trying to get conversations going, though.

Seriously lay off Rorie. Remember when we bought him that fridge. Rorie works so hard for GB and puts up with so much shit. He's pretty great. <3

is it really complaining or criticism to point out that Rorie is one of the constants of UPF even when he isn't hosting and that it's dumb to say that he'll "go away"

Seriously lay off Rorie. Remember when we bought him that fridge. Rorie works so hard for GB and puts up with so much shit. He's pretty great. <3

Lay off Rorie? People are annoyed, sure, but no one is insulting him. I mean, he practically vocalises how self conscious he feels on these streams. I feel sorry that the West Coast crew are in the situation they are in where Rorie feels he has to put himself out there for the good of the content. To be clear, that takes guts and I'm glad he is there.

Harpuia

Jumped on to see what the hubbub is about and it's not that bad. Rorie is ok. Sometimes he's kind of annoying but he's generally good and has some of the more interesting points to make in discussion.

I'm seeing Jason hate too? Y'all are the worst.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's because I like Rorie and don't like Jason. Other people can feel differently.

i dont ever tell people to lay off jason or have shitty remarks like i'm sure you're devestated that jason's ruining your favorite 2 hours of the week. the people reacting to people showing criticism in this thread are almost always worse than the people making the criticism outside of the 'what does brad do' crowd.

Giganteus

is it really complaining or criticism to point out that Rorie is one of the constants of UPF even when he isn't hosting and that it's dumb to say that he'll "go away"
Yes. And I'm referring to him being so prominant today as the host. He'll obviously not go away from UPF or occasional content.

Edit: Don't lump me in with anyone who doesn't want criticism here. I'm for it, but I just disagree this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom