• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Taranis

Neo Member
I started learning Zarya because I was feeling like a Reinhardt one-trick.

Wow. Her carry potential is real.

I just need to fight the feeling of invincibility when I'm at full charge. And maybe land those right-clicks on Tracers.

Just played with a dude that almost hit GM this season and dropped to 2800. Pharah main with a silver border, playing her on Eichenwalde with a pocket Mercy against a team that didn't have a single hitscan (Mercy/Sym/Roadhog/Zarya/Mei/Genji). Sounds easy right? We didn't even cap the first point.

The enemy team had a Symmetra on defense with turrets all around the choke and this sob didn't even bother destroying the fucking turrets once, like it didn't have anything to do with him. He also didn't manage to get significant picks nor putting pressure on the enemies in front of us. I wonder what the fuck he was doing while we were being held at the choke.

Managed to get a draw by playing Sym in the 2nd round.

Had this same dude in the previous game on Ilios and the only thing he did was asking for a Mercy while being constantly killed by S76 and Bastion.

No wonder he dropped like a rock, I'm wondering how the hell did he manage to climb so much playing like this.

Just played with a dude that almost hit GM this season and dropped to 2800. Pharah main with a silver border, playing her on Eichenwalde with a pocket Mercy against a team that didn't have a single hitscan (Mercy/Sym/Roadhog/Zarya/Mei/Genji). Sounds easy right? We didn't even cap the first point.

The enemy team had a Symmetra on defense with turrets all around the choke and this sob didn't even bother destroying the fucking turrets once, like it didn't have anything to do with him. He also didn't manage to get significant picks nor putting pressure on the enemies in front of us. I wonder what the fuck he was doing while we were being held at the choke.

Managed to get a draw by playing Sym in the 2nd round.

Had this same dude in the previous game on Ilios and the only thing he did was asking for a Mercy while being constantly killed by S76 and Bastion.

No wonder he dropped like a rock, I'm wondering how the hell did he manage to climb so much playing like this.

Bought account or throwing.

OT8 Wall of Shame:

4EPTVHE.png

Top 10 boiss.

Still playing a game i cared about only a month before release😘

I think it's time for me to drop the beat

I ain't posted in the Overwatch OT but I'm starting to play it more and more now. I finally got to Competitive level conveniently on the same game I got my first Play of the Game On a couple days ago (I mostly play Lucio/support so I don't get those), so I'm starting to branch out to the basic shooter characters now. Feels gud

WELCOME.

I just need to fight the feeling of invincibility when I'm at full charge. And maybe land those right-clicks on Tracers.

I love juggling people with right clicks.
Even when i 1v1 another zarya i realise alot of zaryas dont use it close range like that to throw off enemies aim.

finalflame

Gold Member

You'll feel invincible when you have a good team and good healers that can keep you alive so you can go ham.

You'll feel useless when you get hard countered/focused and your team does nothing to help you and doesn't play as a unit.

People have a few good games on a hero and routinely come back with "WOW THIS HERO CAN CARRY HARDDDDD", but reality, especially as it relates to OW and "carrying", is a bit more nuanced.

Anne

Thinking about remaking the GAF discord since the one we had was around launch and a lot of people who joined completely bailed on that. Thoughts?

antitrop

After hundreds of hours of default Mercy settings, I'm trying to get used to having "Guardian Angel Prefers Beam Target" turned off. The primary advantage of turning that off is that you can fly to someone else without detaching the beam, as there are times when you have to use GA, but detaching it to fly to someone else could mean the person you're currently trying to heal would die during the short time before you can reattach the beam.

Taranis

Neo Member
You'll feel invincible when you have a good team and good healers that can keep you alive so you can go ham.

You'll feel useless when you get hard countered/focused and your team does nothing to help you and doesn't play as a unit.

People have a few good games on a hero and routinely come back with "WOW THIS HERO CAN CARRY HARDDDDD", but reality, especially as it relates to OW and "carrying", is a bit more nuanced.

Oh I'm not one of those players that thinks you can win a game of Overwatch singlehandedly.

I just mean that she can enable a lot of clutch plays with her bubbles and ultimate, and if enabled by her team she can snowball. Playing her just makes me feel like I have a much more active role in my team's success compared to Rein. Though I haven't taken her into competitive yet.

maomaoIYP

What is the next upcoming western holiday that will most likely result in a seasonal event?
Since we get Orisa in March I wonder what is coming up for April. Easter event?

What is the next upcoming western holiday that will most likely result in a seasonal event?
Since we get Orisa in March I wonder what is coming up for April. Easter event?
Got 5k gold saved, so I'm eagerly waiting lol. I'm looking forward to Orisa too; she looks fun to play.

Zen Aku

I'm noticing a lot of Roadhog this season are really bad around platinum/diamond level.

Like they will miss their hooks half the time or not able to finish off a 200hp hero in one shot. It's so detrimental in a team fight where the Roadhog miss the hook, and can't compensate with his gun while the waiting for the cool down. You're basically playing 5v6 at that point.

It's even worst when they refuses to switch off to another more useful tank like Zarya or even a Winston to dive on the healers. If you're not at the very least severely damaging an enemy player as a Roadhog every time you hook. You're a detriment to the team.

So has Blizzard mentioned anything about stats not updating on Overbuff, Oversumo, etc?

Was just about to ask this. Over the last 6 days I've swapped to support and gained around 800 SR (placed 2480 and Currently at 3246) and wanted to check my stats as a loose idea on how my play is. Seems that the last update was on the previous friday for my profile.

NeoRaider

Pharah is slowly becoming my most annoying hero to deal with and play against. Good Pharah's can make me so salty. Especially since i am not playing McCree or Soldier, and even with Ana it will be harder to kill her now after the DMG nerf. :/

maomaoIYP

I'm experiencing some massive lag on PS4 suddenly. I'm on a wired connection too. Anyone else? I can't even enter the training range.

Pharah is slowly becoming my most annoying hero to deal with and play against. Good Pharah's can make me so salty. Especially since i am not playing McCree or Soldier, and even with Ana it will be harder to kill her now after the DMG nerf. :/

I thought the Ana nerfs were cancelled?

I would like to hit Master this season (nobody laugh. please) but I'll probably drop a lot of SR then make inconsistent climbs. One day..

If I posted on here as much as i vent to my friend on OW, I'd get us to OT 10 in about a week.

LiK

Playing as Zen against Bastion is fun. Discord and snipe him while strafing takes him out quick. Had some fun duels last night with Komaru and Hyper.

NeoRaider

NeoRaider#21923 (PC EU)

Not playing Competitive. Not playing much QP now either, but if i am playing you guys can always invite for QP/Arcade.

Veelk

Banned
Oh my god

I finally found out whats wrong

I have a broken controller. It's really subtle, to the point where I didn't even notice it, but the left stick, when it's pushed farthest jumps slightly between fully forward and partially forward. I noticed this whenever I left the base, just walking forward, but I had assumed it was lag, because I never noticed it during the chaos of combat.

I only realized it now that I'm trying to play Nioh and my character can't keep a full running animation for more than a second before slowing down, then running again.

Holy christ. It wasn't me sucking. All this time, it wasn't me sucking!

(
it might have still been me sucking, but harder than I should be
)

LiK

Oh my god

I finally found out whats wrong

I have a broken controller. It's really subtle, to the point where I didn't even notice it, but the left stick, when it's pushed farthest jumps slightly between fully forward and partially forward. I noticed this whenever I left the base, just walking forward, but I had assumed it was lag, because I never noticed it during the chaos of combat.

I only realized it now that I'm trying to play Nioh and my character can't keep a full running animation for more than a second before slowing down, then running again.

Holy christ. It wasn't me sucking. All this time, it wasn't me sucking!

(
it might have still been me sucking, but harder than I should be
)

You play OW on PS4? I thought you were on PC. What's your PSN?

Veelk

Banned
You play OW on PS4? I thought you were on PC. What's your PSN?

KingofBlades2278

Idk how you missed that I play on console, I have to put up a disclaimer about it every time I bitch about how unbalanced soldier and widow are :p

God, this makes so much sense now. Over hte last few weeks, my Genji has been uttterly worthless which was wierd because I used to be pretty good with him, but my less mobile heroes were just as good. I need a new controller asap.

Jellie

Jellie too busy 'studying' to play with me, meanwhile this nerd is making 700 posts on a vidya forum smh

Can we get a list going on gaffers on each platform/region so we can easily add and play.

I'll start:

Josh#22637 PC EU

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/eu/Josh-22637

Also have 2 smurfs offering a diamond plat boost service for the low price on 30 dorrah a game kappa
Am I being replaced? Now that I reached masters I can study more lol. Plus want to keep that shiny gold emblem for a while so might not play for a few days lol

LiK

KingofBlades2278

Idk how you missed that I play on console, I have to put up a disclaimer about it every time I bitch about how unbalanced soldier and widow are :p

God, this makes so much sense now. Over hte last few weeks, my Genji has been uttterly worthless which was wierd because I used to be pretty good with him, but my less mobile heroes were just as good. I need a new controller asap.

lol, ok, sent you a FR. I dunno, it gets hectic in this thread sometimes. What's your current rank?

caesar

Banned
Am I being replaced? Now that I reached masters I can study more lol. Plus want to keep that shiny gold emblem for a while so might not play for a few days lol

You can fend for yourself now jedi, but come on and quickplay right now.

Veelk

Banned
lol, ok, sent you a FR. I dunno, it gets hectic in this thread sometimes. What's your current rank?

2200, or thereabouts. The other 3 seasons I stayed mostly in the 2700-2900 range, finally breaking through to diamond in season 3 before falling down to where I am now. I'm looking forward to seeing where I land once I'm able to actually control my heroes how I want to again. I might also wait until Orisa launches with the bastion nerfs. But other than that, I'll be happy to party up with you first chance.

LiK

2200, or thereabouts. The other 3 seasons I stayed mostly in the 2700-2900 range, finally breaking through to diamond in season 3 before falling down to where I am now. I'm looking forward to seeing where I land once I'm able to actually control my heroes how I want to again. I might also wait until Orisa launches with the bastion nerfs. But other than that, I'll be happy to party up with you first chance.

Yea, we can play in QP with other Gaffers and see how we do.

Top Bottom