• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm sorry but sign me up for Nintendo flagship first party all day. Any other good games are just bonus to me.

wwm0nkey

It's another gimmick. Let's hope microsoft doesn't try and introduce a controller with a touchscreen on it. I just see something that will disrupt immersion in a game.

You're going through game with fluid controls, completely absorbed in the game. STOP! Have to use touch screen for a second. GO! Try and get back into game.

It's completely unnecessary just like motion controls.

It can be used for good gameplay additions though. Ghost Recon on WiiU uses it for the Drone so you can still play as a solider while piloting the drone too.

Battlefield 3 could use it for Commander Mode while still having the ability to play

Makes Hard Core RTS games on console possible.

Makes DOTA games on console possible

Waypoints ATLAS system could be used for it

list kind of goes on.

Think about the applications before going "lol tablet gimmick"

EDIT: Also I tried out the controller at E3, that thing is amazing comfortable, fits very nicely in your hands.

It can be used for good gameplay additions though. Ghost Recon on WiiU uses it for the Drone so you can still play as a solider while piloting the drone too.

Battlefield 3 could use it for Commander Mode while still having the ability to play

list kind of goes on.

EDIT: Also I tried out the controller at E3, that thing is amazing comfortable, fits very nicely in your hands.

At least someone has an imagination here. ;)

I like how everyone stopped freaking out once the saw that campaign image

WHAT IS THIS?! COD?! HALO SMELLS LIKE FISH NOW!!! 343 ARE RETARDED, 5SK BR LKADFHNOSFN

huh? campaign shot? preeeeeeeeeetty!

<3 u freddie n gang

list kind of goes on.

My opinion has nothing to do with it being like a tablet, though. I used game immersion as an example. I've been annoyed with Nintendo since the Gamecube and the Gameboy Advance connectivity crap. Then it was motion controls with the Wii. Now it's a touchscreen controller. I just don't share the same optimism for what it can bring to games. I also see it increasing the price of the WiiU by a significant amount.
I like how everyone stopped freaking out once the saw that campaign image
Psh! not me lol :)

wwm0nkey

My opinion has nothing to do with it being like a tablet, though. I used game immersion as an example. I've been annoyed with Nintendo since the Gamecube and the Gameboy Advance connectivity crap. Then it was motion controls with the Wii. Now it's a touchscreen controller. I just don't share the same optimism for what it can bring to games. I also see it increasing the price of the WiiU by a significant amount.

Psh! not me lol :)

Well its really all on the devs if they use the controller as a gimmick or for good gameplay ideas.

I would just like to take this opportunity to say that the Chargers got a heck of a pick at 18. Looking forward to seeing Melvin Ingram harass Peyton Manning.
Well its really all on the devs if they use the controller as a gimmick or for good gameplay ideas.
That is totally true. I'm just being sour.
nothing new lol

Will do...tomorrow! It's like 5 in the morning right now, haha. And I don't know why I'm awake.

And I remember correctly, my nephew and I have made it to the third world so far. So we're probably about half-way through, right?

I don't know exactly, I haven't finished it yet either! :p

Hey, I'd love that game! I just have plenty of other games to be playin' and work to be doin' :p

At least I know how to rile you up enough to get you to post here. <3

I just want something on the lines of the FarCry Map Maker, its not too much to ask for right?

What about, when you start up Forge it asks you: Easy, Normal, or Heroic. (beginner, novice, expert, or whatever)

Easy: Portal 2-type isometric, simplistic view, with snaps, etc.

Normal: Standard Forge as we know it.

Heroic: Far Cry style, craziness.

--

Legendary: Bonkers PC-based client.
I can dream.

Mythic: Might as well have the keys to 343i's dev-pit.

Ability to sell your maps to give Forgers a way to earn Spartan Points? I know that was talked about pre-Reach - but now that Spartan Points do more... it could be interesting to have a sort of "Halo Marketplace".

TheOddOne

I remember some Gaffer said that Corrine was really into Forge. I wonder how see looked at Forge, a complete revamp or more a progression.

wwm0nkey

I still say a PC based client with a Creators Club approval process would be amazing.

Have a Halo Network where people can make maps and map packs if they really want too but if the map goes into MM it goes free.

Obviously have a FarCry based editor built in the game too and all maps based on that have to be free.

/Dreams

I still say a PC based client with a Creators Club approval process would be amazing.

Have a Halo Network where people can make maps and map packs if they really want too but if the map goes into MM it goes free.

Obviously have a FarCry based editor built in the game too and all maps based on that have to be free.

/Dreams

inb4 Halo becomes a platform, gets it's own "mApp Store".

--

Also, and this is wishing, and thinking really far ahead, I hope we can import our Forge maps into Halo 5. That would be uber-nice.

J10

Banned
LTTP

Just read the reports from yesterday's playtest. I have one question.

Do we at least still have to pull the trigger more than once?

I really miss Portal 2's online marketing.

Aperture Investment Opportunity #3: "Turrets."
Aperture Investment Opportunity #4: "Boots."

"We fire the whole bullet. That's 65% more bullet per bullet."

The marketing campaign for that game was brilliant. That character was brilliant. Still one of my favourite games. The atmosphere in the later levels made me feel something I haven't felt in many games ever.

LTTP

Just read the reports from yesterday's playtest. I have one question.

Do we at least still have to pull the trigger more than once?

Sarcasm?

kylej

Banned
This Lemon dude knows what's up.

Please give this show a listen Frankie/David.

edit- everyone on the show knows what's up

Lemon's been waping up the MLG forums for years. I don't know why we get HBO and GameFAQs refugees but not that dude.

Dude's forum signature is

"This post was made in the sincere effort to make right the incalculable stupidity of the one before it.

If you never get any -rep, you're an opinionless, humorless idiot."

get that man over here

TheOddOne

Usually, I don't like this kind of stuff, but this genuinely made me laugh in certain parts.

343 Industries discuss Halo 4 MP.
tumblr_lo1ci9ht031qmykrbo1_500.gif

heckfu

Banned
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL EVER!

Last day of rotations, last day of shitty working in a rural area, last day of working for free for the school. Doctorate, here I come.

Gui_PT

It's the only work he could get.

He actually has a good scheme going on.

He makes 20 million a movie just for acting. Then he gets more for writing/directing it.
He hires all of his loser ex-snl friends so he pays them whatever he wants.

Let's not forget he gets a few million more for product placement. If you watch his movies, you'll notice they look like stupid commercials.

No matter how bad his movies are, his fans will always go watch them so he'll just keep making them.

Homeboyd

He actually has a good scheme going on.

He makes 20 million a movie just for acting. Then he gets more for writing/directing it.
He hires all of his loser ex-snl friends so he pays them whatever he wants.

Let's not forget he gets a few million more for product placement. If you watch his movies, you'll notice they look like stupid commercials.

No matter how bad his movies are, his fans will always go watch them so he'll just keep making them.
Not to mention the slew of unbelievably gorgeous women he gets as his co-stars.

Top Bottom