• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 2 HD coming to Nvidia Shield tomorrow [out now]

UPDATE: Here it is: https://shield.nvidia.co.uk/games/android/metalgearsolid2-uk
NXIXQcZ.png

DHwMr-vXsAAv8eM.jpg

https://twitter.com/PiersHR/status/899608004080881664

This is the HD version that's on PS3, Vita and Xbox 360. Not a port of the old PC version!

strafer

Port of the PS3 version huh, that means those bugs arent going to show when Fortune walks.

Sucks they removed those in the HD collection.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Port of the PS3 version huh, that means those bugs arent going to show when Fortune walks.

Sucks they removed those in the HD collection.

They appear but it's inconsistent for some reason. I've seen them when I replayed my PS3 HD collection.

Really confused as to why this isn't announced for PC as well but maybe that's for later.

Ridley327

Am I right in thinking the HD version is still not ported to the PC?

That is correct. MGS2 HD, MGS3 HD and Peace Walker HD have not been ported to the PC. Hope this is a sign that things are finally moving towards them making their debut on PC, though!

tkscz

This is great, I was thinking of buying a Switch. I wonder if this port will be in 4k since the shield is more capable than PS3/360 and it's a PS2 game. Also, this might get some hate but if it's running on Shield, Switch version incoming?

Definitely not a 4k version, 1080p is the most likely or 720p like the original game.

This is great, I was thinking of buying a Switch. I wonder if this port will be in 4k since the shield is more capable than PS3/360 and it's a PS2 game. Also, this might get some hate but if it's running on Shield, Switch version incoming?

I don't think it works that way. They may have the same hardware but the Switch uses a very different API without the Android layer that the Shield uses, so it would still probably be a bit of a porting process.

tsab

More Metal Gear Solid HD ports are always welcome. The MGS Collection needs to be ported to the current gen platforms again

Also funny it's announced for Nvidia Shield but not for the Switch (it's the same SoC)

Jigolo

Hope for the Switch.

So when's Steam then?

What the hell!?

I wonder if this means any chance of MGS HD collection for PC.

How the fuck is this coming to Nvidia Shield but not Steam?

Would love MGS 2+3 HD on steam.

They appear but it's inconsistent for some reason. I've seen them when I replayed my PS3 HD collection.

Really confused as to why this isn't announced for PC as well but maybe that's for later.

Does this mean a PC port is happening? I don't know much about Nvidia Shield.

da da damn

Storm360

Hopefully it's followed up with the other games in the HD collection, although if they are porting it to new platforms I'd like to see the MGS 3 port fixed up first.

OBias

This is unexpected. Hopefully it will be released on other platforms as well if they bother porting it to the Shield.

SURGEdude

How many dozens of copies do the Shield exclusive games sell? It must be quite an interesting financial arrangement Nvidia has with publishers.

Gitaroo

Too bad no modern system support pressure sensitive buttons on their controllers anymore. We will never have a perfect port imo.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Too bad no modern system support pressure sensitive buttons on their controllers anymore. We will never have a perfect port imo.

Wonder if they put in alternate controls like they did for MGS3DS. I'm not sure how these games worked on the 360 too much.

Joqu

da da damn

I know you're trying to lump my post together with some sort of port begging thing here, really cute, but I was asking a genuine question there. What does "coming to Nvidia Shield" mean? Is it a PC port of sorts? A mobile port? I don't know.

Top Bottom