• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale |OT| Teen Peaks (or: Archie's Weirder Mysteries) - Thursday, 9/8c on The CW

bremon

Really enjoyed that episode. Glad to see Grundy go (please don't come back), her crocodile tears and "looking after number one" type defense mechanisms didn't fool me. Betty's mom is crazy as hell but in this episode was more justified in her overly protecting ways. Nice guess to whoever theorized Jughead was homeless earlier in this thread. Lots of good development it seemed like in this episode. Also can't take Mr. Cooper (Dead Man on Campus was a staple of my childhood).

caliph95

Really enjoyed that episode. Glad to see Grundy go (please don't come back), her crocodile tears and "looking after number one" type defense mechanisms didn't fool me. Betty's mom is crazy as hell but in this episode was more justified in her overly protecting ways. Nice guess to whoever theorized Jughead was homeless earlier in this thread. Lots of good development it seemed like in this episode. Also can't take Mr. Cooper (Dead Man on Campus was a staple of my childhood).

She is involved with Jason she is definitely coming back

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
This show will probably explode in popularity with a season 2. People will catch up on Netflix, Sabrina appearance, Afterlife with Archie Halloween episodes

Can you imagine the show going as dark as the new Sabrina comic? Would be incredible. Alas, also impossible considering it's the CW.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I didn't like what I read of Afterlife. Felt too shocking for the sake of being shocking.

I actually haven't kept up with Afterlife but what I read I loved. Sabrina on the other hand is legit incredible to me. Now, that is dark and shocking, but it doesn't feel forced.

I actually haven't kept up with Afterlife but what I read I loved. Sabrina on the other hand is legit incredible to me. Now, that is dark and shocking, but it doesn't feel forced.

I really need to check out Sabrina, her parts in Afterlife were amazing. I haven't read Afterlife since about issue 5 or 6, so I have some catching up to do there too

This was my favourite episode so far. The Archie/Fake Grundy relationship was getting a bit stale so I'm glad it's seemingly over, although I doubt it's the last we'll see of her. Getting more time with Jughead was good too. The Serpent guy being his dad was a huge surprise, I didn't see that coming. Best parts of the episode had to be Betty's pride in breaking into the car and Cheryl inviting herself to sit with Kevin and Veronica.

fernoca

Glad the Grundy stuff is over...for now atleast.
It was dragging the story, everything else is just pefect.

And I need to join the Serpents. XD
Joaquin...Jughead's dad...

Briarios

Finally caught up on this episode -- I thought it was really enjoyable. They keep doing little surprise things that keep it interesting without going overboard. Jug's dad, the little bit with Veronica's mom and the hotel concierge which showed a bit of an edge to her ...

I think they're doing a good job about making the characters exist on a spectrum of good and bad -- no one is really completely black or white, except maybe Jughead. I, for one, hope they keep him as a totally good guy through the whole thing ... it makes it more appropriate to bring in a totally evil character as a balance.

This was a pretty strong episode. Something tells me that Betty intentionally left the gun in a place her mum would find it to set all that Grundy stuff in motion. Play that 10 dimensional chess. Also all the parents have some shady shit going on except for good ol' Fred.

I see some of myself in Jughead - film buff, burger lover, bit of a loner and snarky.

Briarios

This was a pretty strong episode. Something tells me that Betty intentionally left the gun in a place her mum would find it to set all that Grundy stiff in motion. Play that 10 dimensional chess. Also all the parents have some shady shit going on except for good ol' Fred.

I see some of myself in Jughead - film buff, burger lover, bit of a loner and snarky.

Betty would have to be some kind of manipulative genius -- but I can see how it would work. If she actually set that in motion, she's pretty terrifying lol I wouldn't be against it ... actually, either way is fine. Either she's smart enough to plan it or crazy enough to steal a gun ...regardless, you get good stories in the future.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got around to watching the last episode.

- why was Betty's mom of all people the only one who made any damn sense? For the wrong reasons (mainly) but they absolutely should have reported Grundy to the police. Fred, I am disappointed in you. Thankfully this is over.
- Oh, and I don't believe Grundy's sob story for a minute.
- Betty bringing the gun home was stupid. I'm not sure I believe it was done purposely to get rid of Grundy through her mom though. Mind you I did think she hid her diary poorly. And I'm guessing that her new one will be hidden better.
- Veronica remains the best. I do love how she is always in pearls somehow. I'm not sure what her mom is up to though and what her deal is with the mayor.
- Jughead is pretty great - I even like his emo stuff because it is just ridiculous as only a teen can be. Interesting how his dad got fired by Archie's dad for stealing. His dad is giving Betty's a challenge for worst parent of the year. He KNEW that Jughead was living there and did it anyway. I wonder why Jughead was living there. Does the town know this? And are okay with a 15 year old living on his own? In a drive in of all places? Also where is his sister?
- I also liked Kevin and his dad in this episode

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This was a pretty strong episode. Something tells me that Betty intentionally left the gun in a place her mum would find it to set all that Grundy stiff in motion. Play that 10 dimensional chess. Also all the parents have some shady shit going on except for good ol' Fred.

We need to talk about Betty's set of skills.

- Disguises
- Drug combinations
- Lock picking
- Methods of investigation

I'm not putting it above her to be playing some Machiavellian game here. Either Betty is a secret agent or there is way more to her than we're seeing. I'm also slightly skeptical about her summer internship.

We need to talk about Betty's set of skills.

- Disguises
- Drug combinations
- Lock picking
- Methods of investigation

I'm not putting it above her to be playing some Machiavellian game here. Either Betty is a secret agent or there is way more to her than we're seeing. I'm also slightly skeptical about her summer internship.

all part of being a journo

loving this show, just caught up on netflix, as i'm watching guy playing jughead seems familiar than it hits me... CODY!!! haha so weird not seeing him along side his brother

Gin-Shiio

loving this show, just caught up on netflix, as i'm watching guy playing jughead seems familiar than it hits me... CODY!!! haha so weird not seeing him along side his brother

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
How long will I have to wait until I get a spinoff show where Archie is cut from the cast* and it's Veronica, Betty, and Kevin with Cheryl showing up as the frenemy antagonist and Jughead as the occasional guest star? VKB make this show for me. Give me tons of V+K, V+B, and V+K+B scenes and I'll be happy.

*I think KJ Apa does a fine job as Archie; it's just that his story so far has been the least interesting and his lines are the least engaging. Maybe he'll get something more engaging with Grundy gone, but if they focus on his music, I can't imagine that being better. Perhaps the problem is that his character is humorless and doesn't really pursue anything with particular passion. The other characters are much more aggressive about going after what they want.

cj_iwakura

How long will I have to wait until I get a spinoff show where Archie is cut from the cast* and it's Veronica, Betty, and Kevin with Cheryl showing up as the frenemy antagonist and Jughead as the occasional guest star? VKB make this show for me. Give me tons of V+K, V+B, and V+K+B scenes and I'll be happy.

*I think KJ Apa does a fine job as Archie; it's just that his story so far has been the least interesting and his lines are the least engaging. Maybe he'll get something more engaging with Grundy gone, but if they focus on his music, I can't imagine that being better. Perhaps the problem is that his character is humorless and doesn't really pursue anything with particular passion. The other characters are much more aggressive about going after what they want.
Archie's a likable character. He has an emotional core that makes him susceptible to situations like Grundy and he tries to do the right thing. I really felt for him in episode 4.

I wonder when Reggie will play a bigger part of the show. I'm surprised (but happy!) that Kevin is part of the "main group" but not him.

Btw, how big of a character is Kevin in the comics?

I wonder when Reggie will play a bigger part of the show. I'm surprised (but happy!) that Kevin is part of the "main group" but not him.

Btw, how big of a character is Kevin in the comics?

Well, it's hard to compare Kevin to the other characters since he's so recent. He was introduced in September 2010 in the Veronica comic series In his initial storyline, "Isn't It Bromantic?", Veronica expresses interest in dating Kevin but he is uninterested. As he and Jughead bond over their mutual love of food, Kevin explains that he does not want to date Veronica because he is gay. Kevin also bonds with Veronica and they become best friends.
He has had like 3 different solo miniseries since then and appeared in other stories as a character the same way a Reggie or a Cheryl do. So not a main core 4 level character, but probably mid tier above Moose or Dilton, who rarely get their own comics or stories.

I haven't watched a CW show since the like first few seasons of One Tree Hill. This is pretty good. And my boy Dylan being in it is even better.

ryseing

I think she was, when she left town she had the same sun glasses and drink look she had when she picked up Archie during the summer, the implication was that she's looking for a new boytoy.
I'm not even sure I believe her story about her husband, she could be running from the law if she had affairs with students before.

They did the trademark "zoom in on her face as she looks suspicious" when Archie was consoling her after she told him about her husband. Story was complete bullshit.

Man they botched that ending. Mrs. Cooper was right that fakeGrundy was a predator, but going after her because she hates Archie felt all kinds of skeevy. I'm sure FG will be back but I'd much rather Skeet Ulrich and his smalltown biker gang take center stage for now.

Top Bottom