• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 09•29-10•01•17 - Cruise spitroasted by Pennywise and Kingsman, Flatliners DOA

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
The bad taste of BvS is still in people's mouths. It's going to give Justice League a big wall to overcome. And I don't expect the movie to be very good.
Well if they advertise it as WW being in control then it could do better, of course they were probably stupid and put Batman front in center.

gatti-man

Man, we're gonna spend YEARS discussing how much of the movie was Snyder and how much was Whedon. I'm already tired of talking about it!

The bad taste of BvS is still in people's mouths. It's going to give Justice League a big wall to overcome. And I don't expect the movie to be very good.

So BvS which came out before the wildly successful suicide squad and Wonder Woman is going to scare people away from justice league? Nah.
Some folks like Snyder's take on the DC Universe and would've preferred him to finish off his trilogy.

First Snyder's take has been pretty grimdark and shoddy. Second he had a huge tragedy and couldn't finish JL. Third Whedon gave us the best avengers and very well could give us what most DC movies have been missing, decent dialogue. That's just my opinion but criticizing WB for getting someone else is crazy pills.

and some people liked Devin Grayson on Nightwing

Their creed:

117747.jpg

When I went to watch Battle of the Sexes I walked by a theater saying "American Made" did not know what the fuck it was, walked in to look and it had even less people then what i saw (20 ppl in mine showing)

I remember all the "If JJ Abrams can do both Star Trek and Star Wars, then Joss Whedon can do both Avengers and Justice League" comments being thrown around way back when. Interesting to see it actually come to fruition, though it took a really unfortunate monkey's paw to get there.

WaffleTaco

When I went to watch Battle of the Sexes I walked by a theater saying "American Made" did not know what the fuck it was, walked in to look and it had even less people then what i saw (20 ppl in mine showing)
You knew what Battle of the Sexiest was and didn’t know about American Man?? Do you even box Office bro?

You knew what Battle of the Sexiest was and didn’t know about American Man?? Do you even box Office bro?
I'm in Houston, reasonably follow BJK stuff, was 10 minutes from a theater that showing it, don't watch TV so never once saw a ad for either. Actually thought BotS was coming out last week instead

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Who's idea was it to remake Flatliners and why? 80s nostalgia tripping trying to grease out every drop of blood from every movie made back then?

WaffleTaco

I'm in Houston, reasonably follow BJK stuff, was 10 minutes from a theater that showing it, don't watch TV so never once saw a ad for either. Actually thought BotS was coming out last week instead
Lol I was being facetious, I have been lost the past few weeks as well considering it’s mostly been small films since IT.
Who's idea was it to remake Flatliners and why? 80s nostalgia tripping trying to grease out every drop of blood from every movie made back then?
It was interesting concept tbh. They could have done some great things with it, but they a bad horror movie instead.

J_Viper

If this was true, WW would have not destroyed the summer like it did.

WB selling the film like a Wonder Woman sequel with Batman ensures that it's going to clean up as long as the RT stays above 60%

snap

Banned
and some people liked Devin Grayson on Nightwing

I looked up what she worked on and remembering back to when I read all of that, it wasn't all that bad.

Like it's bad that she took Nightwing from being the light of the Bat family and made him even more broody and terrible than Bruce, but it... um...

forreal I can't even come up with a good thing on a macro level we got out of it. We didn't even get a good finale with Blockbuster, instead we had that chick shoot him and then rape Dick

what the fuck even was that run

Jigorath

Banned
If this was true, WW would have not destroyed the summer like it did.

WB selling the film like a Wonder Woman sequel with Batman ensures that it's going to clean up as long as the RT stays above 60%

Wonder Woman was its own thing, Justice League is a direct followup to a movie people didn't like. Wonder Woman was also good. I guess if Justice League is good then it can clean up but, like, that's a big if.

J_Viper

Wonder Woman was its own thing, Justice League is a direct followup to a movie people didn't like. Wonder Woman was also good. I guess if Justice League is good then it can clean up but, like, that's a big if.

Nah I'm thinking most people are gonna see JL as a follow-up to WW, especially with the trailers framing it that way by showing Themyscria.

Besides, the general audience doesn't hold grudges like that. They're not GAF.

And I don't even think JL needs to be "good" to do well, it just needs to be entertaining.

What ultimately did BvS in was that it was boring. The average Joe doesn't really care about half-baked motivations or Batman shooting missiles at dudes.

Litan

I'm not too sure what to expect from JL right now.

If we get a movie with Snyder's action and Whedon makes whatever story he had more coherent and inserts some well-needed humour here and there without going full AoU, I think the movie will be good and entertaining enough to break a billion. Even if it's tonally inconsistent overall.

I'm waiting for the next trailer to get a better idea of what to expect.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Nah I'm thinking most people are gonna see JL as a follow-up to WW, especially with the trailers framing it that way by showing Themyscria.

Besides, the general audience doesn't hold grudges like that. They're not GAF.

And I don't even think JL needs to be "good" to do well, it just needs to be entertaining.

What ultimately did BvS in was that it was boring. The average Joe doesn't really care about half-baked motivations or Batman shooting missiles at dudes.

All JL needs to do is be okay with a batshit awesome third act. That's what Avengers and JW did. All JL needs is Superman to return st the right and moment and pull a "world of cardboard" speech on Steppenwolf and they're all good.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
All JL needs to do is be okay with a batshit awesome third act. That's what Avengers and JW did. All JL needs is Superman to return st the right and moment and pull a "world of cardboard" speech on Steppenwolf and they're all good.
That speech worked because Superman was a good character already and had been building to it for years

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i hope Superman comes back as a completely different character, forgoing the terrible upbringing by the DCEU Kents

That Deadline article pulled the veil on this PR story. WB played Snyder, it's that simple.

snyder played himself

Slayven

I looked up what she worked on and remembering back to when I read all of that, it wasn't all that bad.

Like it's bad that she took Nightwing from being the light of the Bat family and made him even more broody and terrible than Bruce, but it... um...

forreal I can't even come up with a good thing on a macro level we got out of it. We didn't even get a good finale with Blockbuster, instead we had that chick shoot him and then rape Dick

what the fuck even was that run

Who would have thought hiring a writer who changes their legal name to that of the character wouldn't work out?

Homecoming is still in theaters? Its been like 4 months, it's on blu ray next week!

EDIT: Despicable me 3 is still in theaters??? For a stale franchise thats great.

Penguin

That Deadline article pulled the veil on this PR story. WB played Snyder, it's that simple.

Have you lost your sanity?

Yes, yes he has.

There's something about Joss that makes Ahasverus super irrational.

Like the Deadline article doesn't really contradict anything that was said. We knew Joss was bought on to assist in rewriting scenes for JL before Zack stepped down. It was announced back then too.

The lone positive review for Flatliners reads like a "Participant' certificate given to the other 5 kids who made dioramas at the elementary school science fair.

Anth0ny

Prediction: The Snyder/Whedon dynamic will give birth to a fanboy war the likes of which we have never seen before.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Prediction: The Snyder/Whedon dynamic will give birth to a fanboy war the likes of which we have never seen before.

It'll be glorious. Whedon saved it! This is Snyder's movie! Wonder Woman saved it! Every opinion, every conclusion, coming together the moment the review embargo lifts.

Top Bottom