• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

Cool thread :)

Just saw a tweet from Mike Ybarra stating that

@XboxQwik
On Gears UE and the backward compatible Gears titles: People who play will get those when BC launches in Nov. #XboxOne
7:27pm - 30 Aug 15

So I guess that's four of the first wave of games that'll be BC.

munroe

Hoping someone can help, got a problem with a backwards compatibility game (though I suspect it isn't limited to those type of games) and the X1 dash.

So I've got two versions of Shadow Complex, one like any other title in the app list and then this one appeared

Vx035hNm.jpg

It got stuck on 100% "updating", so I uninstalled it and was left with this black box, the only options are hide from list and install. Neither of them do anything,

my shadow complex is still bugged also, black box version will not go away and I can't install the true version with boxart, tried rebooting, reinstalling, clearing data, everything.

muzzymate

Chris1

Borderlands is now available for backwards compatibility for preview members.

They should put these games on sale once they go on BC and then again in November, would make them so much money.

Would pick Borderlands up for a few quid but don't want to pay full price for it.

butwhy.gif

Yeah, I don't really get it. Recording video could be an issue if they were worried about "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked" for some reason (maybe there's some weird thing in their licensing agreement with the label?), but I see literally no reason why Gearbox/2K would want screenshots disabled. The best explanation I have for that is that they can only disable both functions and not just video (which could be possible I suppose).

Really hoping they can use some of the Xbox One's power to smooth out some of the better last gen games with performance issues.

Assassin's Creed 3 or Far Cry 3 running at a steady 30fps? I would replay the hell out of those games.

Really digging Borderlands on BC. It works pretty great and I remember how fun it was. Unfortunately, my old character save was lost a while back so I had to start fresh. Already level 10 soldier, and unlocked an achievement for the soldier, my first achievement in this game since 2013...damn :)

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Once Skyrim is available I'll try my PC save imported to 360, a 200+ hours game. It's fun that the 360 could load it without any trouble considering all the mods I use (it just said items won't be in the save anymore).

The game ran at around 5-10 FPS (too much items in memory and cells around the player I think). Then when I saved it took a long time and ran at 0.5-1 FPS :D

I'd like to see how the emulator handles that.

mike4001_

Everyone said it wouldn't matter but publishers are tripping over themselves to get their games on BC

Well, they have nothing to do except sign a sheet of paper and get some revenue from their old games (even if people only buy them for 5 $ at Deals with Gold-Sales)

Well, they have nothing to do except sign a sheet of paper and get some revenue from their old games (even if people only buy them for 5 $ at Deals with Gold-Sales)

Yup. I always assumed most publishers would jump on because there's really no reason not to, even if they are working on remasters (because BC and remasters serve different purposes/markets). There's no effort/costs required, there's potential new revenue, and it makes them look good. That's like the holy trinity for a publisher.

Except for potentially Activision because they do stuff that makes no sense/is shitty all the time and make enormous amounts of money doing it.

Yup. I always assumed most publishers would jump on because there's really no reason not to, even if they are working on remasters (because BC and remasters serve different purposes/markets). There's no effort/costs required, there's potential new revenue, and it makes them look good. That's like the holy trinity for a publisher.

Except for potentially Activision because they do stuff that makes no sense/is shitty all the time and make enormous amounts of money doing it.

Exactly. It's basically the lesson everyone learned with Steam five years ago: digital games have long legs, and make revenue years and years after the fact

What they need to do is knock some of these prices down permanently and watch the money flow in from new users....or at least make DLC cheaper/free to try and entice people:

Additionally, MS needs to do them a solid and make them buyable in the Xbox store on XB1. Promote them and make them easier for people to find and buy

What they need to do is knock some of these prices down permanently and watch the money flow in from new users....or at least make DLC cheaper/free to try and entice people:

Additionally, MS needs to do them a solid and make them buyable in the Xbox store on XB1. Promote them and make them easier for people to find and buy

Well Borderlands 1 already made its DLC free. Could be a unique case, could be the start of a trend.

And they'll definitely put 360 games up on the 360 marketplace eventually, it's just a matter of when that will be. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw sometime around the program's launch.

Well Borderlands 1 already made its DLC free. Could be a unique case, could be the start of a trend.

And they'll definitely put 360 games up on the 360 marketplace eventually, it's just a matter of when that will be. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw sometime around the program's launch.
Yep that's what I'm hoping for all cases. Brings more life to their titles, especially online ones that could benefit population wise from everyone having the same content. Titanfall did it semi-recently also.

And ya, hoping they build the marketplace more, I think it is changing with the UI update in November so I'm guessing they have been building into the new UI...or at least I can hope

shanafan

I think jumping to conclusions that Activision doesn't support BC is still premature.

EvB

Another dump of likely potential titles

Ass Creed 2
Bioshock infinite
Castlestorm
COD 4 MW
COD BW2
COD MW2
Crazy Taxi
Dead Island
Dead Island Riptide
Dead Space
Deus EX HR
DIRT 3
DIRT SHOWDOWN
Dungeon Siege 3
Dust and Elysian tale
Fable 2
Fable 3
Fallout 3
Forza Horizon
Gotham City Imposters
GRID 2
GTA4
Halo wars
Heavy Weapon
I am Alive
Just Cause 2
Magic 2015
Mega Man 9
Mirrors Edge
MS Splosion Man
Operation Flashpoint DR
Please Enter your List Here.
Portal Still Alive
Rainbow 6 Vegas
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
Red Dead Redemption
Sacred 3
Saints Row 4
South Park TSOT
Split/Second
Star Wars Complete Saga
Star Wars Force Unleashed
Supreme Commander 2
Ticket to Ride
Trials Fusion
Trials HD
Castlevania SOTN
WIK

Probably some overlap with things I've listed before, I'm losing track. However, that is probably a good thing

I think jumping to conclusions that Activision doesn't support BC is still premature.

But I didn't say that was the case though. I just said that it was potentially the case, since they're one of the few big publishers not confirmed to be signing on, are trying to sell unimproved ports of last gen games that perform worse than the original versions for $50, and are in fact Activision. :p

I still think they definitely could end up supporting BC though (and they probably will), it's they're just the only big one I could see potentially not doing it.

AltNet

Neo Member
You should include the list of publishers who have been listed as supporting BC, would give us a better idea of the games we can expect. The publishers are:

• Bandai Namco Games
  • Bethesda
  • Capcom
  • Codemasters
  • Deep Silver
  • Disney Interactive
  • Electronic Arts
  • Koei Tecmo Games
  • Majesco
  • Sega
  • Square Enix
  • Ubisoft
  • Warner Bros.

Alright, just updated the OP...here is what I added

Added to released games: Borderlands
Added to Coming Soon: Castle Crashers
Added to Confirmed: Deus Ex

Added to rumored, the Ubisoft titles found in their Facebook post. The new ones in that picture that were not previously known from the Gamescom reel are:

Assassin's Creed 3
Call of Juarez (not available for digital download though?)
Driver San Francisco
Far Cry 2
Far Cry 3
Prince of Persia (2009)
Splinter Cell Conviction
Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X.

Splinter Cell Conviction took me a while to figure out, as it is the one in the bottom left hand corner that you can only see a sliver of the boxart for. It matches up perfectly though with the 360 boxart. Only one I can't decipher in that post is the one in the lower right. Only thing I have to go off of are the blue lines going from left to right, but can't think of what it could be.

You should include the list of publishers who have been listed as supporting BC, would give us a better idea of the games we can expect. The publishers are:

• Bandai Namco Games
  • Bethesda
  • Capcom
  • Codemasters
  • Deep Silver
  • Disney Interactive
  • Electronic Arts
  • Koei Tecmo Games
  • Majesco
  • Sega
  • Square Enix
  • Ubisoft
  • Warner Bros.

Added, and thanks for making them alphabetical for me :)

As PGR is a first party franchise, do we expect these games to be added or because of Forza MS & Horizon, do you think we wont see them showing up as BC?

jesu

Gosh, no idea. Just did some browsing for 15 minutes and came up dry :(

Working off this list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ubisoft_games

I'm sure someone knows!

Looks like the other side of Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.

We probably won't because of music license, same as older Forza titles.

Doesn't Fallout 3 have a lot of licensed music and that's confirmed?
If it is a music licensing problem that would rule out Driver San Francisco too.

Top Bottom