• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games with Incredible Texture Work. - Post Images!

Simple enough, what games excel in their texture work? Since I don't have access to a capture card, I used Reach as an example here. Look at the how much detail is retained while zooming in all the way the sniper rifle. Pretty impressive stuff IMO.

iLJBi0NCn7iCx.jpg

ibcEes0X1S0OEZ.jpg

ijCgJIU1yoxou.jpg

One more.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
God, I love texturezillas! My new favorite thread :3 Roll'em in!

Redford

aka Cabbie
Simple enough, what games excel in their texture work? Since I don't have access to a capture card, I used Reach as an example here. Look at the how much detail is retained while zooming in all the way the sniper rifle. Pretty impressive stuff IMO.

One more.

:lol surely you weren't going to use Halo 4.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The original (?) texturezilla:

ib1k5qpdxkXi0A.jpg

Yoshichan

image.php

that's a console game in the OP
I know you're about to post Dark Souls pictures :p Just get it over with!

I wish I was at home so I could get some screenshots but Witcher 2 has some of the most impressive and consistent textures I've ever seen.

Ghazi

When I got my 360 at launch and bought this game the week after I was gob smacked.

I knew that a new generation had arrived. Such a warm, fuzzy feeling.
That game is still next-gen, I don't think any game this gen aside from itself has hit that level of detail.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I think he's just being prescient, because that's exactly what this thread will turn into when Dennis arrives. :p

Heh well for what it's worth I think there are some great textures in games that are exclusive to consoles.

I know you're about to post Dark Souls pictures :p Just get it over with!

I don't have any right now :'( , besides the screens I saved were 120 mb each lol. Keeping on track, I've never seen a game have as detailed modeled and well textured weapons as crysis 2 :

crysis22012-11-1422-1hub3e.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Half life 2. I think they actual use pictures as textures. Like the motherboard in the computer.

Portal 2 has some nice texture work, such as the sterile ApSci panels:

portal22012-03-0617-1q30mr.jpg

(I couldn't find a decent screenshot with the clean ones, so this one I posted in last year's high-res thread will have to do.)

Persona7

Banned
j9PgR.jpg

(Perfect Dark Zero) I had a bunch of direct capture screenshots saved somewhere but I can't find them.

Dat Parallax Mapping

Yoshichan

One thing about the Witcher 2 that I didn't get was the texture-work on Gerrard... it's not really "the best thing ever". Is it hard to do skin and flesh compared to rocks and trees?

One thing about the Witcher 2 that I didn't get was the texture-work on Gerrard... it's not really "the best thing ever". Is it hard to do skin and flesh compared to rocks and trees?

It's a weak spot but luckily he's dressed in beautifully rendered armor 90% of time.

Portal 2 has some nice texture work, such as the sterile ApSci panels:

portal22012-03-0617-1q30mr.jpg

(I couldn't find a decent screenshot with the clean ones, so this one I posted in last year's high-res thread will have to do.)

No, no no. Portal 2 has awful texture work...if you ask me of course. Lovely art, but awful texture work. The source engine is dead.

While grime this generation has been very overdone. I think the Silent Hill games are generally a masterclass in effective texturing. Some say half the job of texturing is lighting them to look decent and I think I agree.

Wish I had the patience to do it decently myself.

Top Bottom