• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order "Panzerhund Edition"; $100.00, No game copy.

http://store.bethsoft.com/brands/wolfenstein/wolfenstein-the-new-order-panzerhund-edition.html

http://www.vg247.com/2014/03/26/wolfenstein-the-new-order-panzerhund-edition-announced/

It includes the following items:

An 8 inch fully articulated hand-painted Panzerhund statue and base

Classified folder containing salvaged secret war documents including maps, case files, letters, blueprints and an x-ray

A set of 14 full-color ‘vintage’ postcards from Wolfenstein’s alternate 1960’s, bound in a display book

Three embroidered patches

Custom replica dog tags

An exclusive Steelbook case to house your copy of the game – Actual game sold separately.

antitrop

Just saw this:
SxFOnlh.png

http://store.bethsoft.com/brands/wolfenstein/wolfenstein-the-new-order-panzerhund-edition.html

This collector's edition does not include a copy of the game. Keep your pre-order at your favorite retailer and we'll send you these goodies separately—this way we can ship these boxes worldwide and you're not stuck waiting for your game to come along with an oversized, expensively shipped box.

So, if I'm reading this right, you pay $100 for all the extra and then still have to buy the game itself separately at retail? Okay, then.

DryvBy

pM6cZZk.jpg

**NOTE: INCLUDES EVERYTHING SEEN HERE. IF YOU NOTICE, THERE'S NO GAME INCLUDED.**
Also, it's $100.

Limited to only 5,000 individually numbered editions, the Wolfenstein®: The New Order™ Panzerhund Edition comes in a vintage footlocker-style box (measuring approximately 20" x 10.5" x 8.5") with a stamped number plate right above the antiqued clasp.

Inside, you'll find a classified folder affixed to the lid containing 11 classified documents (an assortment of maps, case files, and even an x-ray).

The bulk of the footlocker houses an 8" articulated Panzerhund statue. Made of high quality vinyl material (PVC and ABS) the statue is hand painted, includes a base, and strikes a surprisingly menacing pose for a scaled-down replica.

Inset in a velvet-lined tray is an exclusive Steelbook, and a set of 14 full-color weathered-looking postcards of the game's alternate history, bound in a display book.

Lifting this tray reveals compartments housing a set of three high-quality, embroidered patches, and a box containing custom molded replica dog tags, looped and knotted on twine string.

This collector's edition does not include a copy of the game. Keep your pre-order at your favorite retailer and we'll send you these goodies separately—this way we can ship these boxes worldwide and you're not stuck waiting for your game to come along with an oversized, expensively shipped box.

Photos are of our prototypes; final products may vary slightly.

FluxWaveZ

Edit: I can't see anything that would suggest that the game is included in any way with this CE from the wording. As far as I can tell, you're really paying $100 for this and it doesn't even include the game with your purchase of it.

That's beyond stupid.

dab0ne

Please be an early April Fool's joke.

Edit: Oh I guess it's kind of cool in the respect that people can get it world wide instead of there being a bunch of different ones that people in other countries cant get but does this mean you're paying $160 for game and CE stuff or is it an additional $40 for the CE stuff making it $100 total?

sflufan

Banned
You're completey misinterpreting it.

You order the CE at the retailer and the retalier is responsible for giving you the game at release with the extras to be shipped to you by Bethesda.

BibiMaghoo

You're completey misinterpreting it.

You order the CE at the retailer and the retalier is responsible for giving you the game at release with the extras to be shipped to you.

This be how I read it. They kind of clarify it, just not well.

This is unacceptable. This is why I say that PC gaming is the most dangerous movement in gaming. We have companies like MS and Sony selling high end graphic consoles for a fraction of the price of this thing and they do this whilst delivering the majority of the power that this thing does (8GB DDR5 in PS4/ 12GB DDR5 in nvidia Titan= 66% of the power). At this rate and with console sales dropping due to bad word of mouth from many unappreciative gamers, we may face a time soon that anyone who isn't a PC gamer is unable to afford to game. If we allow this to continue, we may see the end of gaming as anything but yet another temporary distraction for the wealthy e.g. yachting.

Good luck finding these on store shelves, people. They're gonna go quick.

Yuuichi

This high level marketing strategy is clearly too far ahead for us.

Maybe one day they'll just send the box and we have to 3d print everything/

thatzacdavis

Neo Member
I actually don't mind the option, since I may really really like the game and wish I had purchased the CE after the fact, but I'm sort of mind blown that there isn't at least an option to include the game.

Levyne

Banned

370x370xgame-ce-wolf-neworder-full.jpg.pagespeed.ic.3iYwE6FH4A.jpg

Just saw this tweeted. Searched for "Panzerhund" and didn't see anything. Seemed to be a Bethesda Store exclusive.

• Limited to 5000 Copies
  • Footlooker Box
  • 11 "Classified Documents"
  • 8 inch Panzerhund Statue
  • Steelbook Case (But no game..)
  • 14 Postcards
  • 3 Embroidered patches
  • Box of replica dog tags

Ships out on the 20th. I assume US only but don't see anything.

Seems weird that you're expected to buy the game separately. Still some cool stuff.

Shengar

By that quote, I supposed that your copy of the game will be shipped separately, right? Otherwisem, buying it separately is so goddamn stupid.

Alpende

What the heck?

What a silly reason not to include the game. Just call it Wolfenstein Goodies or some shit.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I don't think it's that bad an idea in general. The CE was intended to be $160 maybe, and it lets you pre-order wherever you want and pay extra for the extras. You could even hold off on buying the game and wait for a sale.

At the same time, what they're asking for is a bit high.

EDIT: Nevermind. It's a much better idea based on the interpretations above.

KORNdoggy

sounds more like they're ship the extras seperate to the game. you're not paying again for the game. they've just seperated them out so your game potentially isn't getting to you later due to being part of a larger package.

LiK

The wording is kinda terrible.

Dead Space 3 CE did something similar but they included a SKU with the game for more money.

Remark

Banned
I'm spending $100,000 but I don't even get the game.

Okay, Bethesda.

EDIT: I'm mentally retarded. I thought that said $100,000 not $100.00 sorry :')

This is actually a really great idea. Saves retailers the trouble of stocking these hulking CEs.

But this will be a great test of GAF's reading comprehension.

EDIT: And mine.

Jack cw

This is the most stupid idea I heared for a while. If this becomes a trend and actually work then I quit gaming for good. This is simply insane.
EDIT: Goddamit OP...
Still semi good idea as I like different and better designed coverart for the CE editions.

Keep your pre-order at your favorite retailer and we'll send you these goodies separately—this way we can ship these boxes worldwide and you're not stuck waiting for your game to come along with an oversized, expensively shipped box

So, yeah. You get the game.

Edit: No you don't, derp.

No Love

Banned
ITT people who fail at reading press releases properly

ITT people who accuse others of not being able to read but are guilty of the same thing.

sounds more like they're ship the extras seperate to the game. you're not paying again for the game. they've just seperated them out so your game potentially isn't getting to you later due to being part of a larger package.

Separate. Do they think interest is that high enough to see such a thing and people will buy it?

I think it's a fantastic idea, just 1 SKU for all platforms. No more Wii U boxes filling up stockrooms. Just buy collectors edition, add PS3 ,4, PC, X360, Xbone. Kill Nazis on your platform of choice.

Top Bottom