• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

J-Tier

Here's a relatively thorough list of female Capcom characters for future reference that I compiled. There are more, and missing quite a few deep dives, but I got lazy. Here's hoping for more in the final roster.
Ace Attorney: Maya Fey, Athena Cykes, Franziska von Karma, Trucy Wright, Ema Skye, Kay Faraday, Susato Mikotoba, Iris Watson, Rayfa Padma Khura'in
Adventure Quiz (Capcom World): Pure (& Fur)
Alien Vs. Predator: Linn Kurosawa
Armored Warriors: Lt. Sarah White
Asura's Wrath: Mithra, Olga
Battle Circuit: Yellow Iris, Pink Ostrich
Breath of Fire: Nina, Bleu, Cerl, Katt, Momo, Myria, Ursula, Lin
Cannon Spike: Simone
Capcom Fighting Evolution: Ingrid
Captain Commando: Carol, Brenda
Cyberbots: Devilot, Mary Miyabi, Arieta
Darkstalkers: Morrigan, B.B. Hood, Felicia, Hsien-Ko, Lillith, Anita, Q-Bee, Marionette
Dead Rising: Isabela Keyes, Annie, Sgt. Hilde Schmittendorf, Vicky Chu, Fontana
Devil May Cry: Trish, Lady, Lucia, Kat (DmC)
Dino Crisis: Regina
Dragon’s Dogma: Mercedes, Quina, Selene, Aelinore, Female Arisen
Eco Fighters: Neneh Moly
E.X. Troopers: Julie Fliesher, TeeKee
Final Fight: Maki, Poison, Roxy, Lucia Morgan
Forgotten Worlds: Sylphie
Gotcha Force: Mana, Usagi, Orochi
Ghost Trick: Lynne
Ghosts’n Goblins: Princess Prin Prin
God Hand: Olivia, Shannon
Haunting Ground: Fiona (& Hewie), Daniella
Killer7: Kaede Smith (& Smith Syndicate)
Legendary Wings: Michelle Heart
Lost Planet: Luka
Magic Sword: Amazon
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2: Ruby Heart, SonSon
Maximo: Tinker
Mega Man: Roll, Splash Woman
Mega Man Battle Network: Roll.EXE, Ring.EXE, Meddy.EXE
Mega Man Legends: Tron Bonne, Roll Caskett, Sera, Yuna
Mega Man Starforce: Harp Note, Queen Ophiuca, Queen Virgo, Diamond Ice
Mega Man X: Alia, Marino, Cinnamon, Pallette, Layer, Iris, Berkana, Ferham
Mega Man Zero: Ciel, Fairy Leviathan
Mega Man ZX: Ashe, Aile, Pandora
Metal Walker: Emil Crowzer, Marina
Monster Hunter Series: Female Hunter, Female Lynian, Avinia (& Barioth)
Okami: Amaterasu, Sakuya
Onimusha: Kaede, Jubei, Ohatsu
P.N. 03: Vanessa Schneider
Power Stone: Rouge, Ayame, Julia Whitepearl
Quiz Nanairo Dreams: Saki Omokane
Red Earth: Tessa, Mai-Ling, Lavia
Remember Me: Nilin
Resident Evil: Jill Valentine, Claire Redfield, Ada Wong, Sheva Alomar, Fong Ling, Karena “Lupo” LeProux, Michaela “Bertha” Schneider, Christine “Four Eyes” Yamata, Caroline “Willow” Floyd, Marissa “Tweed” Ronson, Sienna “Party Girl” Fowler, Sherry Birkin
Rival Schools: Hinata Wakaba, Akira Kazama, Tiffany Lords, Chairperson, Natsu Ayuhara, Kyoko Minazuki, Ran Hibiki, Momo Karuizawa, Yurika Kirishima, Zaki
Saturday Night Slam Masters: Black Widow
Sengoku Basara: Kasuga, Nouhime, Matsu, Itsuki, Oichi, Saika Magoichi, Tsuruhime, Ii Naotora, Kyougoku Maria
Shadow of Rome: Claudia
Spyborgs: Clandestine
Star Gladiator/Plasma Sword: June, Ele, Rain, Claire, Luca, Kaede
Street Fighter II: Chun-Li, Cammy
Street Fighter Alpha: Juli, Juni, Karin, R. Mika, Rose, Sakura
Street Fighter III: Ibuki, Makoto, Elena
Street Fighter IV: C. Viper, Juri, Decapre
Street Fighter V: Laura, Kolin
Strider: Tong Pooh
Tech Romancer: Reika Amamiya (& Diana-17), Pollin (& Bolon), Yale (& Quvearl)
Under the Skin: Becky, Princess Cleo
Varth: Operation Thunderstorm: Felry Carnihum
Viewtiful Joe: Sexy Silvia, Sprocket, Bloody Rachel
Zack & Wiki: Captain Rose

Sesha

You're missing Paula from Dino Crisis. She's the one other recurring female character in the series, so I feel she warrants a mention. Also Oyu from Onimusha 2, and Princess Tiara from Gaia Master. The latter was actually considered for TvC.

Itsuno said whatever he is working (90% sure it is DMC5) will be announced sometime this year. So it is pretty much a lock for E3 or PSX.

Fixed that for you. Unless he's showing off a DMC kart racer or something we won't see anything at TGS. That era is past.

^Which pooh sister was in MVC1? I think Tong was....There's Tong, Pei, and Sai. (and Nang) I'd prefer their teacher with the wind powers, Xi Wang Mu, over them all. She can do everything they can plus more. Like turn into a energy panther

if you dig deeper you could also list Strider's sister Mariya and his ally Sheena

BossRush

I know we'll never get him because if they do clover reps it'll be one per series. But man.

Could you imagine?

latest

God, that roster from the previous page isn't even trying. Like someone had a bunch of characters on a wall and someone just randomly threw darts while blindfolded.

Which one? There are like two or three rosters.

Sorry, this one

So... this showed up at GF
Take with a HUGE grain of salt

Capcom Side:

(CONFIRMED ONES)
Ryu
Rockman X[Called only "X" in HUD]
Morrigan Aensland

[NEWCOMERS and RETURNING HEROES]:
Darkstalkers:

- Jedah
- Jon Talbain

Cyberbots:

- Jin Saotome
- a brand new Cyberbots character(Maybe Devilotte of DeathSatan or Shade, the supersoldier]

Strider:
- Strider
(Grandmaster Meio appears as a cameo in one of the stages)

Capcom heroes:
- Captain Commando
- Arthur
- Pure[Yes, only Pure. Fur and the other two characters from C.World Quiz 2 appears as personal assists]
- Asura
- Edward Fokker/Falcon
- A BoF rep.

Devil May Cry:
- Dante(With DMC4 suit, but with a mix of DMC3 and 4 moveset]
- Death Vanguard[The classic boss from DMC3]

Rockman:

- Wily
- Roll[TvC Roll suit with a mix of TvC and MvC1 moveset]

RE:

- Jill Valentine[Actual suit. MvC classic moveset. Instead of a hyper with Tyrant, Nemesis replace it]
- Leon Kennedy

Street Fighter:

- Chun-Li
- Rashid
- Gouki
- A SF2 character who doens't are Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Cammy, Guile or Gouki[A gift of the 30th anniversary of SF2. Some hints appoint to be Blanka, because of Yoshinori Ono's requests, and also to be a desired rival of Hulk, since Marvel Super Heroes VS. Street Fighter]

MARVEL SIDE:

There's some especulation because Steve Rogers, the Captain America. Since the latest reveal of Cap. America being a Hydra agent(And because of that, Capcom of USA could want to avoid a Nazi element in the game, for esports safe move) the staff are discussing if Captain America should be removed or changed into U.S. Agent.

The fate of that discussion will be revealed in E3, when the first stage of the character reveals will be exposed. One of those 3 things will happen: Steve Rogers will be maintained, or replaced to the U.S. Agent or there will be no Captain America character in the game.

X-Men will be represented in the initial roster in a good number. This is counting the potential DLCs. We don't know who will be in the initial roster and who will be dlc.

X-Men:

- Wolverine(With the classic MVC1 suit, not the MvC3 one)
- Cyclops(Classic, with the classic 80's suit being a alt.)
- Storm
- Magneto(He will gain a new special move based on X-Men COTA. The E.M. Pulse)
- Psylocke
- Deadpool

The Avengers:

- Iron Man(Officially confirmed)
- Hulk(The classic MvC1 version. With intellect of the Bruce Banner. His human form will appear as a npc in the story mode]
- Thor(With the MvC3 suit)
- Rocket Racoon/Groot(Groot will appear in two special moves and one hyper. Rocket will appear to be more SERIOUS than in MvC3)
- Ms. Marvel
- Adam Warlock(He will be the counterpart of X, being the important Marvel character in Story mode, especially because of the infinity gems. Imagine him as the good counterpart of Thanos when using the gem supers.)
- Black Widow
- Thanos(He will not be a boss character, but he will appear in story mode as one of the last enemies before the real final boss. The joke "thanoscopter" will appear but not exactly like all people are used to see in the HQs)
- Stan Lee(A secret joke character who will use Dan's clothes.)

- Fantastic Four
[ALL DLC]
?

Bosses[Actually, regular characters who serves as sub-bosses in story mode]:

- Ultron[Classic design]
- Sigma[Irregular hunter X design]

Final Boss:

Irregular Ultron[He will have the mixture appearances of X5 Sigma and classic Ultron. Unplayable. Two forms. One who reminds Sentinel and other who reminds a bit the final boss from X7]

Seems way too random IMO

J-Tier

Sorry, this one

Seems way too random IMO
Yeah, "Death Vanguard" for DMC, Captain America Nazi thing, Stan "The Dan" Lee, and the specificity of some info vs the vagueness of others like "A BoF rep" (yet he "knows" about Cap Nazi/US Agent discussions, Adam Warlock story counterpart).

The whole thing is pretty stupid.

What often takes place at press events? Journalists obviously get tons of information. Do they usually get extensive hands on experience with the game as well?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What often takes place at press events? Journalists obviously get tons of information. Do they usually get extensive hands on experience with the game as well?

Some years ago Capcom had that Hawaii thing for press (like in...08 or something, around the SF4 days), sounds like what this is.

Captivate or something. It was mostly hands off from what I remember hearing on the bombcast.

Lungless

Neo Member
Tbh, I wouldn't mind Stan Lee being in this game. He'd be kinda fun.

But I'm calling fake because no Lilith and all the other reasons already mentioned

Jawmuncher

I had a "dream" of the Marvel Infinite roster. People can talk about it if they want...

MARVEL

Ultron
She Hulk
Ms. Marvel
Star Lord
Rocket Raccoon
Daredevil
Spider Man
Doctor Octopus
Captain America
Iron Man
Hulk
Thor
Black Widow
Thanos
Ant Man
Dr Strange
Dormammu
Captain Marvel
Black Panther

Day 1 DLC: Wolverine

CAPCOM

Haggar
Gene
Amaterasu
Asura
Phoenix Wright
Ryu
Chun Li
Rashid
Morrigan
Jedah
Mega Man X
Sigma
Tron
Chris Redfield
Wesker
Dante
Frank West
Strider
Spencer

Day 1 DLC: Akuma

Even dreams don't have Regina ;_;

Rhiwion

Banned
So, uh, I've been kinda rediscovering my love for fighting games for a while now.

Grew up playing Street Fighter 2, Melee and Tekken 3, but only Smash managed to keep me (and also the vast majority of my friends) hooked over the years. Enjoyed a ton of Guilty Gear/BlazBlue but ultimately stuck with playing through the singleplayer content of those because I find other people to play with turned out being extremely hard. Pretty sure I also played at least one entry of every major fighting game series over the years, even if it was just at a friend's house for a couple of hours (MvC2 as well but I'll be getting to that later). As mentioned before, Smash was the big one for me and I played 4 for a solid year at a decently competive level, but ultimately stopped to free up my gaming time for singleplayer games again.

So, that's where I stood a few months ago. Stayed the hell away from SFV because I didn't think the game would be worth a purchase for me, despite finding the prospect of a new and fresh SF tempting. Played a bit of Xrd SIGN as well.

Now, another thing that ultimately kept me away from non-Tekken/Smash FGs was that I struggled with directional inputs on a gamepad. Not being able to reliably hit the motions and something about how I'd have to roll my thumb across the d-pad just put me oft. Well, I finally got myself a cheap arcade stick three weeks ago and OH BOY this changed everything for me. I'm keeping up with FGs enough to know that a good amount of pro players use a gamepad, so I don't wanna add fuel to the fire if that discussion is still a thing, but at least for me it felt like actually being able to play and enjoy these games again. Ended up downloading and playing every FG I ever bought on PSN. Even SFV, which I bought earlier this year because it was dirt cheap + all the Season 1 DLC, which I'm kinda playing primarily now at least until Xrd Rev2 and Tekken 7 are out.

OKAY, this is where you guys come in, finally. Sorry for the long rant. With my rekindled interest in everything Fighting Games I remembered MvCI and the re-release of MvC3 on current gen being a thing. Only having played MvC2 on PS3 for an unremarkable amount of time/being unable to redownload it and remembering playing like two round of MvC3, I wonder if this series would be something I could get into it. Gotta be honest, as a spectator, I kinda struggle to follow what's happening when watching a match. Also heard that the games are notoriously(?) unbalanced. You see, despite having a good grasp on FG mechanics and terminology, I feel like a complete casual when it comes to MvC.

My questions now:
How's the online in MvC3 on PS4? Is the netcode decent enough? Decently populated? If not, is the singleplayer experience good enough to toy around with team combinations and such? Is balancing actually bad or is that just a meme at this point?

Essentially, please help me getting into Marvel. ;__;

Sorry to hijack this thread, I didn't expect this post to end up this long actually, but I happened to see the article on EventHubs (lol) regarding imminent news on MvCI and ended up reading the last 10 or so pages of this thread during lunch break.

Hope you people can answer my questions and that perhaps I can join the crazy speculation/hype train going on here. If anything, X being in Infinite is already a strong positive for me, haha.

The main focus of Capcom at E3 is going to be DMC5. It's not going to be a massive blow out for Marvel Infinite that takes away from that game. We will be seeing some stuff for Marvel Infinite leading up to E3 because they are saving up E3 for DMC5.
I expect some RE2make stuff at E3.

Jawmuncher

So, uh, I've been kinda rediscovering my love for fighting games for a while now.

Grew up playing Street Fighter 2, Melee and Tekken 3, but only Smash managed to keep me (and also the vast majority of my friends) hooked over the years. Enjoyed a ton of Guilty Gear/BlazBlue but ultimately stuck with playing through the singleplayer content of those because I find other people to play with turned out being extremely hard. Pretty sure I also played at least one entry of every major fighting game series over the years, even if it was just at a friend's house for a couple of hours (MvC2 as well but I'll be getting to that later). As mentioned before, Smash was the big one for me and I played 4 for a solid year at a decently competive level, but ultimately stopped to free up my gaming time for singleplayer games again.

So, that's where I stood a few months ago. Stayed the hell away from SFV because I didn't think the game would be worth a purchase for me, despite finding the prospect of a new and fresh SF tempting. Played a bit of Xrd SIGN as well.

Now, another thing that ultimately kept me away from non-Tekken/Smash FGs was that I struggled with directional inputs on a gamepad. Not being able to reliably hit the motions and something about how I'd have to roll my thumb across the d-pad just put me oft. Well, I finally got myself a cheap arcade stick three weeks ago and OH BOY this changed everything for me. I'm keeping up with FGs enough to know that a good amount of pro players use a gamepad, so I don't wanna add fuel to the fire if that discussion is still a thing, but at least for me it felt like actually being able to play and enjoy these games again. Ended up downloading and playing every FG I ever bought on PSN. Even SFV, which I bought earlier this year because it was dirt cheap + all the Season 1 DLC, which I'm kinda playing primarily now at least until Xrd Rev2 and Tekken 7 are out.

OKAY, this is where you guys come in, finally. Sorry for the long rant. With my rekindled interest in everything Fighting Games I remembered MvCI and the re-release of MvC3 on current gen being a thing. Only having played MvC2 on PS3 for an unremarkable amount of time/being unable to redownload it and remembering playing like two round of MvC3, I wonder if this series would be something I could get into it. Gotta be honest, as a spectator, I kinda struggle to follow what's happening when watching a match. Also heard that the games are notoriously(?) unbalanced. You see, despite having a good grasp on FG mechanics and terminology, I feel like a complete casual when it comes to MvC.

My questions now:
How's the online in MvC3 on PS4? Is the netcode decent enough? Decently populated? If not, is the singleplayer experience good enough to toy around with team combinations and such? Is balancing actually bad or is that just a meme at this point?

Essentially, please help me getting into Marvel. ;__;

Sorry to hijack this thread, I didn't expect this post to end up this long actually, but I happened to see the article on EventHubs (lol) regarding imminent news on MvCI and ended up reading the last 10 or so pages of this thread during lunch break.

Hope you people can answer my questions and that perhaps I can join the crazy speculation/hype train going on here. If anything, X being in Infinite is already a strong positive for me, haha.

I can give you a more casual-medium level view point. The netcode is decent enough. It's not A+++, but it gets the job done so long as both connections are good. The numerous arcade difficulties and training options do help with training with all options. I would say it's unbalanced but not so much so as MVC2. There's just a lot of effective stuff, but there is a counter to most of it as well. Even now some surprises happen within the scene.

Platy

If you had to choose one character for each Marvel tv channel which would you choose ?

Freeform : Squirrel Girl
Netflix : Daredevil
ABC : Ghost Rider

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
About time for some new news on this game, it's actually been way too long even for how early the first videos were.

And I'm not talking about that list where the majority of the characters most people wouldn't even know of.

Freeform : Speedball. Cloak and Dagger is a very close second but I really really want to see Robbie in a fighting game and it will 100% never happen.

Netflix : hard question. I could be safe and go Iron Fist but lets go nuts and say Misty Knight. maybe with Colleen Wing as a part of her moveset as well.
Because if I can't get one Nightwing in a certain game, I could settle for the other ;)

ABC : an even harder question because there's so many random ABC Marvel characters I might want to see that show up and then are either killed or fade into the background, never to be seen again. Basically there's been so many characters I probably forgot someone cool. Probably Crystal but Ghost Rider and Mockingbird could be in that list as well...not sure really

I had a "dream" of the Marvel Infinite roster. People can talk about it if they want...

MARVEL

Ultron
She Hulk
Ms. Marvel
Star Lord
Rocket Raccoon
Daredevil
Spider Man
Doctor Octopus
Captain America
Iron Man
Hulk
Thor
Black Widow
Thanos
Ant Man
Dr Strange
Dormammu
Captain Marvel
Black Panther

Day 1 DLC: Wolverine

CAPCOM

Haggar
Gene
Amaterasu
Asura
Phoenix Wright
Ryu
Chun Li
Rashid
Morrigan
Jedah
Mega Man X
Sigma
Tron
Chris Redfield
Wesker
Dante
Frank West
Strider
Spencer

Day 1 DLC: Akuma
Make sure to play some Monster Hunter and Breath of Fire before you go to bed tonight.

Looks like it's time. We're about to enter the Promise Land of News.
Then I guess it's time for me to try and think of more Marvel gifs :)

Though, truth be told I'm a little sad that I haven't managed to finish Agents of Shield yet. Really wanted to get to those Ghost Rider parts...

kewlmyc

I'm surprised this thread is still going on in this drought. Would have figured y'all would have died from dehydration by now.

Neoxon

Bruh, GET ON THAT.

The show is incredibly good, yet to have a single boring or even slightly dull episode so far in this season.
I can testify to this. SHIELD Season 4 has been firing on all cylinders, to the point where even the weakest episode is on-point (so far).

Mahvel fans must have felt so salty the past few months with Injustice news and reveals coming left right and center.

It's like a man dying of thirst watching a man drown.

Mahvel fans must have felt so salty the past few months with Injustice news and reveals coming left right and center.

Considering those Injustice fans had to deal with something very similar its more like watching someone dehydrate in a part of the desert and then be rescued and hoping they see you and rescue you as well.

or something like that. I don't do "top of my head" analogies well

vg260

If you're a fan of both, this timing works out perfectly. Injustice finishing up right as Marvel gets going.

Top Bottom