• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 5 screens

Joker render at IGN:
mortal-kombat-vs-dc-universe-20080725005417079.jpg

I hope they put in Johnny Cage. I'm not a big Mortal Kombat fan but he's one of the few characters from that series that I like.

I'm glad it's classic Joker, the newer variations of the character would look out of place.

Kingpen

That sucks about Jax being in... I'd rather have Raiden, Johnny Cage or Kano in then him. How much should we bet that someone stupid makes it in, such as Boraicho.

Sub Zero
Scorpion
Shang Tsung
Sonya
Kitana
Jax

Batman
Superman
Green Lantern
Cat Woman
Joker
Flash

MisterHero

Zeliard said:
How the fuck are they gonna make Green Lantern work?
On Joystick there are pictures of him using his ring. It basically transmogrifies into different shapes (the pictures show a shield made of bricks, a giant hammer, and a giant hand for grabbing enemies).

I imagine he might move like Necrid did in Soul Calibur II (though with his own unique moves) and probably play like MK's Ermac or Kenshi.

Here's the link to the pics:
http://www.*******.com/photos/mortal-kombat-vs-dc-universe-08-20-2008

Grecco

Wish it was Guy Gardner. In fact id give my left nut if it was. But having a GL in this game means its an Automatic Must Buy

GCQuinton

Wow, they even have a Guardian in the back so I assume his stage is on OA. Nice. Wishful thinking here, but Green Lanterns can kill in the comics now so I wonder if they even considered that for this.

Dali

This game is going to be the mature, high-brow, fighter I've been waiting on. I mean you can tell by the haggard, crack-whore, design of Wonder Woman that this game makes no comprises and isn't catering to the teenage boys that Boob Calibur IV was going after.

MisterHero

Dali said:
This game is going to be the mature, high-brow, fighter I've been waiting on. I mean you can tell by the haggard, crack-whore, design of Wonder Woman that this game makes no comprises and isn't catering to the teenage boys that Boob Calibur IV was going after.
Hmmm.... Superman or Darth Vader.

But then again.... Mortal Kombat or SoulCalibur.

Damn, for me, it's a draw. I may have to get both. :lol

dralla

I came to post that, it fits him well. I'm not big on "Rage" mode though, other than that, the game actually looks pretty fun.

shuri

Banned
HAHA!

Joker's fatality is awesome! He looks awesome to play as! I loved the smoke-decoy attack mode.

Day-1 for me

fernoca

For all 2 people that care:

-Final roster was confirmed to be 22 characters, and 1 boss which seems to merge MK and DCU villains...so far confirmed:

From Mortal Kombat:
  1. Liu-Kang
  2. Kitana
  3. Sonya
  4. Jax
  5. Kano
  6. Rayden
  7. Sub-Zero
  8. Scorpion
  9. Shang Tsung
  10. ---
  11. ---

From DC Universe:
  1. Batman
  2. Superman
  3. Wonder Woman
  4. Deathstroke
  5. Green Lantern
  6. Shazam (Captain Marvel)
  7. The Joker
  8. Catwoman
  9. The Flash
  10. ---
  11. ---

Other characters (from both universes) will be in the story mode.

-Kollector's Editions seems to be packaged in a velvet box, containing: a comic book (drawn by MK co-creator John Tobias), a cell art, a making of DVD, a tshirt and the game. But contents hasn't been officially confirmed..aside the comic book.

fernoca

Talladega Knight said:
Captain fucking Marvel?

Really?

And they couldn't include Johnny Cage to at least have the entire playable roster of MK I in the game?

Really?
There are still a few spots to be revealed..
Not to mention that they mentioned in one time, that if they were forced to put this game in the story-arc of the MK games, it would be placed after MKII..which means that Johnny Cage is death, since he died after MKII. Though, anything can happen.

If anything, he will be in the story mode.

LiK

go watch the gameplay footage. the walking animation still sucks. although i like the interactions with the stages.

mr stroke

Linkzg said:
2h7ih5y.gif

So awesome.

:lol
yes, looking really cool now, looks like are adding blood(how is this getting a T rating?). to many games coming out in Oct, but this might have to be a day 1.

mr stroke said:
looks like are adding blood(how is this getting a T rating?).

The game has had blood since the earliest videos released, and there are plenty of T-rated games with animated blood. It would take things like dismemberment or decapitation to garner an M rating, and MK vs. DC doesn't have them.

fernoca

mr stroke said:
:lol
yes, looking really cool now, looks like are adding blood(how is this getting a T rating?). to many games coming out in Oct, but this might have to be a day 1.
The first teaser trailer had blood...yet many were saying that "it sucked because there was no blood"....
The game is set for November, along with Gears of War 2.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Haven't bought a MK game since MK Gold on DC. But screw all of you! I am getting this day 1!

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Sold. Looks like great fanservice.

Darkseid better be in there as a boss or something. He screams for the MK treatment.

Nemesis_

It's awesome, but if this was Mortal Kombat her head would be blown clean off.

Stupid T Rating.

I am not a fan of Joker's fighting style either, but I guess I can't have everything.

I'm interested in this game for sure though - it's surprised me.

Top Bottom