• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL: Wii preorders start today (10/13)

Beezy

Eh, I think I'll get Wii at TRU during the holiday season. My mother got a 20% off anything card in the mail from TRU today. It only lasts until October 28th, but she said that they usually send more during the holiday season.

This way I can get a Wii for $200 like it was meant to be. :D

lachesis

I'm soooo there. I'll be there around 9:30 - and worked with PS3 for me (last one), so hopefully it will work for Wii as well.:D

My New Years resolution for 2006 was to never set foot in a Gamestop again. I've held to it, and have been badgering-free. Turn your nose up at Gamestop for their used game and pre-order badgering and just get your Wii at Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Toys R US, etc. They'll have tons. :)

MrDaravon

SaggyMonkey said:
My New Years resolution for 2006 was to never set foot in a Gamestop again. I've held to it, and have been badgering-free. Turn your nose up at Gamestop for their used game and pre-order badgering and just get your Wii at Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Toys R US, etc. They'll have tons. :)

I'm probably going to pass on that for the same reason. Plus I'd like to get it at Midnight, and I dunno if GS/EB will be doing that, so I'm going go to a 24 hour Walmart sometime during the day of the 18th and line up.

Kuramu

does this mean no online pre-orders?

edit: oh, i see it. Later date. guess i'll have to find an EB around here

ksinghsf

Guess I'll preorder tomorrow morning for peace of mind. Any idea on what kind of lines to expect? Anything like the PS3 situation, or could I show up at around 10 or 11? Day off, and I was really hoping to catch up on some sleep :)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
ugh...and Gamestops open at 10 am, with my lunch break at 11 am...

Unless I can sneak outta here early...ugh, I'd have to leave at 9:45 :( That's 45 minutes after first break...

Might as well setup vacation days on Release Dates.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Is it even going to be necessary to pre-order a Wii?

There isn't anything mind blowing going into the system, so I don't see why they wouldn't have plenty of product to go around at launch.

Dr_Cogent said:

There isn't anything mind blowing going into the system, so I don't see why they wouldn't have plenty of product to go around at launch.
I want to be guaranteed that I will have a Wii on day one. I don't feel like fighting off hordes of people (if there are any) in the other stores on launch day if they start selling out. I want to show you my Zeldas on launch day, not a months later.

tmdorsey

Cool. Going to call bright and early tomorrow. I would think that Gamestop/EB would do a midnight launch for a new gaming system. Haven't they done them already for big game releases?

neptunes

sorry, I don't have email but could you post the link to the...

CANADIAN TRADE IN OFFERS? I want to know if it's the standard trade 3 for Free
or if it's toward a console.

Meohsix

neptunes said:
sorry, I don't have email but could you post the link to the...

CANADIAN TRADE IN OFFERS? I want to know if it's the standard trade 3 for Free
or if it's toward a console.

look about 9 posts up from yours.

SuperPac

Dr_Cogent said:

Peace of mind? Why do people preorder games like Madden, Halo, etc. where there's no chance a store will "run out"? Same sorta thing. If you know you want it, may as well make it official.

neptunes

durrr. I'm dumb. thanks anyway

EB Games should really make a seperate canadian site.

The “Get More” Trade Event!
Starting this Monday, October 16th 2006, we will be offering a great promotion for PS3 and Wii Preorder customers. The more games you trade the more you will save. Here are the details:

Trade in 3 or more games and receive $10 CDN EXTRA CREDIT!
Trade in 5 or more games and receive $20 CDN EXTRA CREDIT!
Trade in 10 or more games and receive $50 CDN EXTRA CREDIT!
This extra trade credit is on top of our already great trade values for your games!

Eligible platforms for trade include PlayStation 2, XBOX, XBOX 360, Game Cube, Nintendo DS, PSP and Game Boy Advance games! Some older title exclusions will apply so please see an associate for details.

This offer is only valid for PS3 and Wii pre-order customers so act fast!
The more you trade, the more you save!
---------
Starting this Monday, October 16th 2006, we will be offering a great hardware trade promotion for PS3 and Wii pre-order customers.

When you bring in your old video game system you will be eligible to get these premium trade values towards your PS3 and Wii pre-order.

Trade your XBOX SYSTEM AND RECEIVE $100 CDN in CREDIT!
Trade your PlayStation 2 SYSTEM AND RECEIVE $60 CDN in CREDIT!
Trade your PlayStation 2 Slim SYSTEM AND RECEIVE $70 CDN in CREDIT!
Trade your Nintendo Game Cube AND RECEIVE $50 CDN in CREDIT!
Trade your PSP SYSTEM AND RECEIVE $140 CDN in CREDIT!
Trade your XBOX 360 SYSTEM AND RECEIVE $280 CDN in CREDIT!
Trade your Nintendo DS SYSTEM AND RECEIVE $60 CDN in CREDIT!
Trade your Nintendo DS Lite SYSTEM AND RECEIVE $80 CDN in CREDIT!

System must be in working condition with appropriate cables and one controller, please see an associate for details.
not too shabby

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I am going to the GS near me in the morning. I have little interest, but I think my gf's kids would get a kick out of the system.

For those eastside Seattle people, I'll be at the Bellevue Square GS at 8am with my PSP. The mall opens early, so you can go right on in. Gonna call later on this evening to verify they are taking pre-orders.

WTF? In America, $50 will reserve you a Wii. In Canada, $50 will leave you $150 short of the reservation fee. Since when are deposits 4x higher in Canada?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Saoh said:
read as: I WANT A WII!!! wwweeee!

Read as: I don't want her kids on my HDTV while I am playing 360!!!!!:lol Not that I won't try it out myself.

I think they would like the system, just have to read up on the launch titles.

loosus

Banned
My prediction: you'll be able to walk into any Wal-Mart, on day one, to pick up a Wii and any launch game(s) of your choice, without encountering any significant lines.

neptunes said:
durrr. I'm dumb. thanks anyway

EB Games should really make a seperate canadian site.

not too shabby

I have to figure out where Im going to put my Gamecube. No use for it anymore really after Wii

Dorfdad

Gold Member
lachesis said:
I'm soooo there. I'll be there around 9:30 - and worked with PS3 for me (last one), so hopefully it will work for Wii as well.:D

Nope some stores already have campers lol saw one myself in PA!

Saoh

dskillzhtown said:
Read as: I don't want her kids on my HDTV while I am playing 360!!!!!:lol Not that I won't try it out myself.

I think they would like the system, just have to read up on the launch titles.

get them trauma center. EVERYONE BUY TRAUMA CENTER!!! :D

Nin10do

gamergirly said:
I have to figure out where Im going to put my Gamecube. No use for it anymore really after Wii

Gameboy player? Thats the only thing i could think of for keeping mine.

just like the Gamecube, u just got to a walk into a store with little stress and buy one easily.

I bought my GC two weeks after launch and got one no problem, the Wii will be the same. They got a healthy supply, a big healthy supply of Wii`s fro everyone who wants one.

but the PS3, lol good luck getting that

Lee-T

Beezy said:
Eh, I think I'll get Wii at TRU during the holiday season. My mother got a 20% off anything card in the mail from TRU today. It only lasts until October 28th, but she said that they usually send more during the holiday season.

This way I can get a Wii for $200 like it was meant to be. :D

Too bad all the TRU coupons exclude video game hardware(and gift cards and diapers too). I'd love to do this and get a Wii or PS3 for 20%off. I do have $100 in those TRU Visa Credit Card things, though.

hyp

not missing this opportunity. i was planning on going in the moring at around 5am, but a couple coworkers thought it'd be fun to do an overnighter w/ a DS binge. gonna be cold as ****, but thank god i live in california and not Nutfreeze, USA. i wouldn't keep your hopes up in that the wii will be "readily" available. the wii is gonna be a hot item for kids this holiday.

Actually, I remember there being a shortage of Gamecubes shortly after launch. It was pretty annoying, because UPS lost the modded one I had on the way back from NCS (modded for imports, so I could play Melee early to start with... so much for that), and I couldn't find one locally to replace it.

Top Bottom