• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February US boxart threa-... wait, Pinball Hall of Fame is coming to 360/PS3?

134915e.jpg
135580e.jpg

Awesome! =o

135570e.jpg
135590e.jpg

boxshot_us_large.jpg

boxshot_us_large.jpg

B001NPJZAC.01._SX420_SCLZZZZZZZ_V250750487_.jpg
61ByD2TUNnL._SS400_.jpg

I like how Ubisoft's so fucking lazy they're already recycling their own box art from last year.

134675e.jpg
B001OAKUZU.01._SX295_SCLZZZZZZZ_V235163112_.jpg

613MtPezYFL._SS500_.jpg

Chittagong

Gold Member
Reload this Page February US boxart threa-... wait, Pinball Hall of Fame is coming to 360/PS3?

And out already in February, who knew!

ok, caarry on, now we have "ZOMG is it out that month" out of the way

LiK

i heard great things about the pinball game on the Wii. if the PS360 version is just as good, i'll pick that up for the improved graphics.

Pein said:
pinball hall of fame should be a arcade game
Oh get out of here. "___ should be an XBLA/PSN game" is the most obnoxious shit. Just because a genre's not in vogue doesn't mean all new entries should be banished to the downloadable ghetto. Maybe you should read up on the game, because if you knew anything about it I'd doubt you'd be making such retarded comments. You're getting 10 tables for less than you'd most likely pay for them on XBLA, AND you get it on a disc. It's a crazy value.

Cheech

LiK said:
i heard great things about the pinball game on the Wii. if the PS360 version is just as good, i'll pick that up for the improved graphics.

Hell yes. I'll raise you a couple extra tables!

Osaka said:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Wanted.jpg/390px-Wanted.jpg

The comic says hi.
The comic was So Awesome. I wish they could have kept more of it intact in the movie.

Torgo

The Williams collection is one of my favorites on the PSP. I do hope this comes to the PS3, even though I don't see the box for it.

Chojin

Rehash Williams?

I hope they put more tables in. I liked the tables they featured in the ps2/wii version but there's so many more they could have thrown in.

Or at least do a 1984 on up Bally comp.

ascii42

Chojin said:
Rehash Williams?

I hope they put more tables in. I liked the tables they featured in the ps2/wii version but there's so many more they could have thrown in.

Yeah, or a combined Gottlieb/Williams collection would have been nice as well.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Rummy Bunnz said:
Oh get out of here. "___ should be an XBLA/PSN game" is the most obnoxious shit. Just because a genre's not in vogue doesn't mean all new entries should be banished to the downloadable ghetto. Maybe you should read up on the game, because if you knew anything about it I'd doubt you'd be making such retarded comments. You're getting 10 tables for less than you'd most likely pay for them on XBLA, AND you get it on a disc. It's a crazy value.
Eh, generally I agree with you, but in this case I empathise with the point. Pinball is definitely something I'm more likely to want to play a brief game or two of on a whim, and XBLA facilitates that far better than a disc-based game can.

Shig said:
Eh, generally I agree with you, but in this case I empathise with the point. Pinball is definitely something I'm more likely to want to play a brief game or two of on a whim, and XBLA facilitates that far better than a disc-based game can.

Well, ironically, in the current architecture, disc-based games CAN facilitate that, MS just won't allow it because ZOMG PIRACY. :D

Zachack

Rummy Bunnz said:
Er, I have it for Wii and it would get a lot more playtime if it had been a Wii Ware game (assuming it could even fit) that I could play without having to get up. I would double-dip if I could get it as a $20 DD title for XBLA/PSN. I consider games being disc-based to be a negative at this point.

Shig said:
Yeah, I prefer not having to deal with discs too. But unless a download is really cheap there's no way I'd pick it over a disc. I'll be surprised if any of the next gen consoles have fully supported BC for all these downloadable games. I am pretty sure Nintendo won't, because they're such dicks. Why did I buy all those TG16 VC games!

But yeah, if the dude meant "I wish there was a downloadable/disc free version" he should have said so, because "should be on XBLA" is almost always shorthand for "not worthy of retail release." I'm also pretty sure everyone who ever says that wouldn't even buy the damn games if they were on XBLA. PET PEEVE.

Zachack said:
Er, I have it for Wii and it would get a lot more playtime if it had been a Wii Ware game (assuming it could even fit) that I could play without having to get up. I would double-dip if I could get it as a $20 DD title for XBLA/PSN. I consider games being disc-based to be a negative at this point.
Man. I can't relate to this. I can sell my Wii version (which seems to be going for more than I paid for it - woo!) to help cover the cost of the 360 version. I couldn't do that with a DD version. Convenience is awesome - it's why I have HDLoader and a flash cart and CFW - but I can't give up physical ownership unless the DD version is waaaay cheaper.

Wario64 said:
I guess that eliminates a bunch of Wii games he can play. And not because they're disc based.

Hell, now that we're talking about this, PHOF is at its best when you're on your feet bumping and tilting an invisible machine.

Ronabo

beermonkey@tehbias said:
PHoF is fucking awesome and they need to make this 1080p and I'll come all over it.

:lol :lol :lol

This will be the 3rd copy of the same game I'll own. :(

Triz

Chojin said:
Rehash Williams?

There is a Bally version...

jarrod

Banned
DrFunk said:
Jesus, Guilty Gear is 10 years old ?
Guilty Gear X is 10 years old this year. Guilty Gear should be turning 12. :lol

B.K. said:
I wish Sega hadn't changed the name. World Destruction is a much better name than Sands of Destruction.
Eternal Arcadia was better than Skies of Arcadia too. I don't care much though, I'm just glad SEGA's bringing it.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Shig said:
I have put more time into WP:HOF than probably any other game on Wii.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
134915e.jpg

I've been meaning to buy this for my Wii, I'll wait for the X360 version instead.

There should be one with Bally games, btw. Yes, even the licensed ones- are the Addams Family and Twilight Zone licenses that hard to pick up? If they're pricey, I'd understand, but a Bally pinball comp would sell a gazillion copies with Addams Family and Twilight Zone on there.

Also, another Williams comp would be nice, there's too many to choose from...

Kifimbo

I'm sorry to bring so much pain ITT, but someone has to do it. If they are old, I'll delete them. Of and WTF at the The Sims 3 regular edition boxart.

180653b.jpg
180654b.jpg

180656b.jpg
180952brp.jpg

180928b.jpg
647322b.jpg
647459b.jpg

51TO5QIgMxL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
51t73ylySxL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

stuminus3

An HD Williams collection would be very nice indeed. The Wii version isn't 16:9, so the tables look a little fuzzy. Other than that, it's freaking awesome.

Top Bottom