• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham City: Rocksteady Hints At Campaign DLC

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
More story-based adventures headed to Arkham City?

When asked if story missions would accompany the announced Nightwing and Robin DLC packs, Hill smiled, and told the Guardian: "I don't think I'm allowed to talk about that at this stage."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technolog...iew?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Early in July Kevin Conroy hinted at Story DLC.

Arkham City: Episodic Content Will Expand Story

It has been revealed that Rocksteady Studios Arkham City will be supported by story based DLC after the games release.

The voice of Batman Kevin Conroy has spilled the beans about ongoing DLC for Arkham City during an interview with ComicBooked.com. The voice actor as well as confirmed that there will be ongoing story based DLC after the main game goes to retail.

“The gaming now is a big, new thing. The thing about Arkham City is that it’s going to be an ongoing game. You’re going to be able to download future episodes of it, so it’s going to be going on for quite a while. I’ve been recording it for a while. So that will continue.”

No official news has been announced, but stay tuned for possible San Diego Comicon news on the subject. I would like to see mision based DLC instead of heavy story based content for the title as I am still one gamer who is reluctant to spend money on a product I have already paid for. Either way expect to see The bat fighting off even more slippery DLC villains sometime after the games release in October.
http://thumb-culture.com/39791/arkham-city-episodic-content-extend-story/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Please, price it reasonably.

Dr Eggman said:
Please, don't just be tacked on.

This, too. If the DLC is just a few additional missions for nothing more than the sake of additional missions, then, well, count me out.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Please, don't just be tacked on.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
i'm so going to buy this. The ending was amazing but it felt rushed and ended abrupt.

Please be as big as a GTA IV DLC pack, like Gay Tony for example.

sophora

Sn4ke_911 said:
i'm so going to buy this. The ending was amazing but it felt rushed and ended abrupt.

Please be like the GTA IV DLC packs. Like Gay Tony.

New playable characters would be nice *cough*NW*cough*

Sandman42

I'm interested for sure, the only problem is that it seems like every major release these days has huge DLC planned for the next 3-6 months.

You can't buy every 1200pt add-on.

epmode

Sandman42 said:
I'm interesting for sure, the only problem is that it seems like every major release these days has huge DLC planned for the next 3-6 months.
It's a brave new world. I wonder how much worse things will be in five years? Next gen is going to be out of control.

Luken

Sn4ke_911 said:

Please be as big as a GTA IV DLC pack, like Gay Tony for example.

^This, yes that would be great. More DLC missions for Robin and Nightwing, please, keep them coming. This news put a big smile on my face.

Dabanton

As long as the DLC is substantial and interesting i'll pick it up.

Rocksteady already have characters in the game that i'd love to be able to take out into Arkham City and use their abilities.

And more Catwoman hijinks would be welcome.

If it's actual story-based content, I don't care about the price.

As long as it's not challenge combat room challenge joker map bullshit, I will buy.

Dambrosi

Banned
So, yet more single-player mode DLC? Now you all know why the ending was so short.

This shit better not already be on the disc.

Next-gen is going to be awful for this bullshit. Buckle your daipers, babies, we're in for a ride!

I'm reeeeally hoping for Robin and Nightwing campaigns equivalent to the Catwoman one, and possibly more fleshed-out appearances from Black Mask (unlikely, given who's occupying Sionis Industries) and Scarecrow since there are only really cameos from either of them.

Sounds like there's going to be more from Batman, too, though.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
The English Conquistador said:
Lol.

There's quite a few aspects of the game that hint to more content being added. Such as
Azraels "Ashes of Gotham" talk.

I just figured most of the side story threads they left open were for the next game.

MarshMellow96 said:
Certainly felt that way.. It's a strange game.

You must have not done much at all then. Plenty to do in the game.

Dambrosi said:
So, yet more single-player mode DLC? Now you all know why the ending was so short.

Next-gen is going to be awful for this bullshit. Buckle your daipers, babies, we're in for a ride!

The ending was short? I thought the ending was perfect for a Batman story.

LiK

Dambrosi said:

None of it is on the disc. Even Catwoman was a download.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
To me this is what dlc is supposed to be about. I'm all for adding new storyline missions to the game, and hope they price it nicely.

Luken

Criminal Upper said:
If it's actual story-based content, I don't care about the price.

As long as it's not challenge combat room challenge joker map bullshit, I will buy.

About this, I have a Idea Rocksteady.

How about making a Street of Rage mode where two or more players fight in a side scroller way, waves and waves of enemies?
Somebody, send this post to Rocksteady, quick.

Dabanton

Luken said:
About this, I have a Idea Rocksteady.

How about making a Street of Rage mode where two or more players fight in a side scroller way, waves and waves of enemies?
Somebody, send this post to Rocksteady, quick.

There is a challenge map on a moving train that plays excatly like that.

mclem

LiK said:
I bet your playing time says otherwise!

To be fair, it *felt* short to me. It wasn't remotely short in terms of actual hours consumed - and I'm only about halfway through the Riddler trophies - but it was such a ride I was actually slightly shocked when it ended.

Time flies, as they say, when you're having fun.

Luken

Dabanton said:
There is a challenge map on a moving train that plays excatly like that.

O.O Really!? Awesome! Here in Brazil the game will only come out November 1st. I will play this game so much! :D

SmokyDave said:
I think I just groaned myself inside-out.

I did the same thing. Without spoiling with details. The game I thought finished very well. I think what most people thought the ending was seemed more of an epilogue to me, with the ending being the stuff that happened beforehand.

Sorry for being so vague. Lol.

Back to the subject. I hope that there will be more campaign DLC. But part of me also thinks that Mr. Conroy just might be confused with how things are actually labelled in the gaming world. Maybe to him, more characters and challenge rooms that are "DLC", he thinks are called "episodes". We will see. Fingers crossed.

V_Arnold

Dambrosi said:

What the hell? Batman:AC is currently the most content-packed single player game in its genre, EASILY. The fact that they keep giving it more is just a cherry on top of it.

Stantron

deim0s said:
Really tempting.

Will spring for the GOTY copy.
As more developers adopt the multiple DLC or season pass model in part to combat the used game market, this is the conundrum they face. People holding back from buying altogether to buy a goty version. I admit I plan to do the same since there is just too much on my backlog at the moment and even more coming in Nov.

GQman2121

Banned
The have options to play with a lot of different scenarios if that's what the want to do. There are a number of locked doors in the game that leave numerous interiors yet to be explored. I would be shocked if they didn't directly effect any future DLC. This game is a potential cash cow and that is extremely rare for a title lacking multiplayer.

Top Bottom